1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Squad - Who Stays? Who Goes?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Jan 24, 2021.

Discuss Squad - Who Stays? Who Goes? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Roskopicachu

I'd move on as many of these players as possible.

elhamed
    bitton
    rogic
    klimala
    ajeti
    barkas
    bain
    gutman
    perez
    henderson
    harper
    okoflex
    dembele

Cancel loans.
    elyounoussi
    duffy

That'd create space for up to 4 loan signings and pull in at least £16-20million.
    With Covid restrictions i'd we surprised if more teams weren't affected by it.
    For us it means players are difficult to shift.

Keep everyone else and sign players who can slot right into the first team.

2. Dip 'n' Swerve

Just reading an interview about bruno fernandes, he was told he wasn't starting in the cup game yesterday, what doe he do.. does he sulk? does he go home and do tiktoks, does he create a drain on other players.. no he stayed an extra 30-45 mins behind after training and worked on free kicks..... he comes on and scores the third goal a free kick.

Just are they type of player we need to reform the club, the lubo's the player who want to work and graft, do the bits no one appreciates.

Would any of our team do this, I would say very unlikely perhaps a small few, turnbull?

Defo could not see ntcham, moi, frimpong, taylor, laxalt, polish paddy, rogic etc at any of this.

3. wulliebad

Makes me laugh when people list the 3,4,5,6,7,8 players the team needs. We are lucky to get 2 a season to replace the 2 or 3 that leave.

In the summer we will lose about 7 from our squad and i doubt we have the money to replace or rebuild.

4. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    The lot, out.

The Dude likes this.
  5. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Doing some reading about cavani and how he works at his game in training and of the pitch guys been very successful in his career and still wants to improve, went on to mention some younger players who have regressed get inspired when they train with him and want to improve themselves,, looking at United you can see a change in the whole team since he's been signed, need more of the likes of him in our team I think

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

callumrae1967 and Dip 'n' Swerve like this.
  6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

There will be more than 7 exiting the squad.

Laxalt, Duffy and Elyounoussi will all be leaving after their loans finish.

And Edouard, Ajer, Christie, Ntcham will all be sold as they enter their last 12 months of contract.

On top of that you'll have a few others leaving under the new manager I'd imagine: Bitton, Rogic, Griff, Broony retiring possibly, 1 or more of the GKs, Elhamed (homesick) Klimala (possible loan if not in the picture)

The rebuild is going to be huge.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  7. wulliebad

And for that very reason i can see the board sticking with lenny,Can you imagine the money a new manager would want to re built the squad.:40: I also don't think we will get half the money we think we will for our players given everything that is going on with the virus.....yeah im feeling rather negative today.:54:

8. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I agree with the OP save for Barkas, a total DUD and MJ a frequently injured circus flea, not required.

9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

There's 30 million reasons it won't be Lennon next season.

Renewal forms land in 8 weeks time and the.uptake will be horrific if it's mooted that he stays on.

I think between those I listed above we could have £40m+ coming in to the club. Not all of which will be handed to a new manager but the, he'll need as much as possible.

A coach that can get actually put a team together and get something greater than the sum of all parts would be a start though and an upgrade on what we have just now.

10. Turnbulls right peg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    Hopefully the new signings will give us a glimpse of there ability before the seasons out to keep on for another season to see what they can do its been a strange season and it must have had an effect on some coming here under the restrictions and there away from family etc not able to visit.

11. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Funny how Brown & Christie get dogs abuse & can leave at anytime according to fans. The next in line to be captain McGregor has been utter dog * but escapes the criticism these two get:47:

McGregor was * under Ronnie picked up under Rodgers & is now back to * under Lennon.

Keep Soro & Turnbull, maybe Ajeti as not seen enough of him.

Christie, Ajer & Eddie will move on with contracts ending.

12. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I would agree with a lot of what you have there. I would keep Griffiths though. We will be for sure selling Edouard, Ajeti has yet to establish himself although I agree he has shown enough to be given next season to prove himself and Klimala I would be adding to the not good enough and so sell list. We would be taking a massive risk in selling a proven goal scorer like Griffiths given those circumstances.

13. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I agree with you especially on the board. Unless Lawwell goes and we get in a board that will support a top level manager not interfere and hamstring the manager we really are not addressing what IMHO is our biggest issue.

JC Anton likes this.
  14. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson

Totally agree with you on the manager and board front. We need a new CEO as well as a new manager. I think we will see a big clear out this summer from the playing staff but not much point in doing anything until a new manager is in place and until we get a new CEO who won't undermine and interfere with the manager we won't have any shot at getting in a truly top level manager.

15. WhitleyCelt

At the moment it should be every single player in the shop window. Every single one. If you want to go, do one. If you want to stay and fight your way off that list then you have six months to prove your worth.

That’s how ruthless this rebuild has to be. Not with Lennon in charge though. Probs give his mate Brown a contract extension for being his sentimental buddy.

16. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Keep Frimprong, Ajer Walsh Taylor Soro Turnbull CMcG,
    And punt the rest. Make Ajer captain.

NomDePlum likes this.
  17. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Got bad news for you. We are down to 5-a-side and a sub now given your list.

The Dude likes this.
  18. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Frimpong going is a bit of a shock. I know Eddy, Elyounoussi, Ncham and probably Ajer will be leaving but, I would love to know if any of the other players have similar thoughts about jumping ship, which would really leave us in the *.

19. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    There have been plenty of rumor's of others. Christie, McGregor, Barkas, not sure how true they all are though.

20. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    List is getting smaller, Honestly think the only first choice players guaranteed to be here next season are Soro, Turnbull and Forrest.

connerm57 and Cobbs67 like this.