1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He'd be some signing for 2 mill. Lot of pace and would destroy defences for us..

Must be on big wages and another EPL side Will take him..

2. KEANO1

I think he must be out of contract in the summer for that price. No doubt as you say he will be on very good money. Would be a signing of intent however.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  3. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    If it’s any coincedence I got him for 1.8 mill on football manager sold him for 20 million two seasons later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Assombalonga striker we were linked with last season contract expires in summer I heard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Foley1888

Aliou Dieng would be a cracking signing for us I think. He is a 23 year old mainly defensive midfielder but capable of going box to box. He is very much in the mould of Wanyama in that is a powerful CM, who is very quick at covering the ground but also very decent on the ball.

He is a full Malian international so a work permit should not be too much of an issue. He currently plays with Al Ahly in Egypt who have had their financial issues so could be obtainable for a good price.

I came across this repot on him written in December, where funnily enough when talking about future clubs they actually suggest us as a good option for him.

https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/aliou-dieng-malis-midfield-metronome/

Dieng would be able to play a number of roles for us. In tough games you could play him alongside Soro, he could be a good rotational option if we only played one holding midfielder or if playing 4-2-3-1 he could allow McGregor to play further forward. Alternatively given his ball carrying ability if we were playing the diamond you could play him where Christie is at the moment given his energy and ball carrying abilities.

6. Roskopicachu

Demerai's contract runs out in the Summer, with Bayer Leverkusen in negotiations over a £1.8million deal.
    The league is truly awful this season with no fans. It's gonna be difficult to entice players like this.
    Aliou Dieng is a pretty good shout. On a five year deal though.

Suggestion:
    Defensive midfielder from Troyes, also plays right back. Troyes sit top of Ligue 2.
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/rayan-raveloson/profil/spieler/344576

7. jj81

I think he is decent , wages though

8. CountyDownFaithful

If Lennon is staying until the end of the season - let’s be honest we all know he is - then what’s the point in signing players?

I don’t want him involved with any new players that are going to be here long after him.

9. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    I think if you ask the rat, being manager of celtic doesnt garentee your involved in signing players.

Id like us to bring 2 or 3 loan signings with options to buy, because if they arent up to scrach then they wont impact the budget available when new manager is in place.

But if they are good players least they will have time to settle before the euro qualifers

10. CountyDownFaithful

Does anyone thinking there will be a signing before the end of window? Whether it’s loan, perm or pre-contract?

Or is everything on hold until the summer?

11. DonnyCelt

Hopefully a managerial signing. Other than that I wouldn't think so. Although we do need defensive reinforcements but no surprises we've not done anything there.

Artorias likes this.
  12. CountyDownFaithful

Think it’s obvious Lennon is here to the summer. As much as we really don’t want that to be the case, there is no signs to say otherwise.

The board have finally been found to be the frauds that they really are. Businessmen not football men. Masquerading as a big club because of the supporters and history. The reality is we have been run like a small club for years.

I can’t see any manager or player changes until it’s too late.

Artorias and DonnyCelt like this.
  13. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Whether Lennon stays or not until the summer, it is total mismanagment that we haven't got a CB in to replace Julien

Artorias likes this.
  14. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    We definitely need a CB in, but for the first time the lack of signings don't bother me as much, don't want that clown in charge to ruin more players.

15. Gurru 991

I've seen where other managers say the same thing. It just doesn't make sense to me that a manager wouldn't have input on transfers

16. Delphic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    Most clubs in Europe work this way. I heard the AC Milan manager talking about Ajer, and he was basically saying it was down to Paolo Maldini(technical director)

Jurgen Klopp said the same a couple of days ago, when asked about reinforcements.

Clubs can’t stand still. Also a lot of managers would want the finished article, and wouldn’t be worried about the future of the club, and a re-sale value of a player. You can’t simply buy players at 28, and in their prime.

I suppose the secret is having someone brilliant as Director Of Football/Technical Director. Someone you trust.

The Red Bull clubs, Ajax etc. Benfica have made a £300 million profit in the transfer market in the last decade.

We just aren’t very good at running a huge club.

If there’s a hard way of doing something, - Lawwell always finds it.

Fontaine likes this.
  17. Roskopicachu

18. jambo_cfc

Giannelli Imbula Has been offered to us apparently ! Remember he was highly thought of before he went to stoke ! If he can get back to a decent level would give us much needed height in the middle of the park

19. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Why are you shouting?

20. jambo_cfc

Couldnt figure how to make the writing smaller !! But then again anything with celtic the now makes you want to shout lol

Wee Baldy and bhoy_wonder like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.