1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    What if I said Benitez is still not the option. He's a premier league level manager, would only pacify the fans for a season or two..only way it would work is unless root causes from board level down are addressed AND he came in. Then I have hope for optimism. Otherwise another short term strategy.

Henke102 likes this.
  2. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Depends, do I take some of those posters advice from then? Or do I take the same people's advice now as they have changed their tune a little . Strange how it takes two years to sober some people up, short termism by board and fans alike (for accepting what they had been given ) has all been proven it was going to end in disaster.

On the flip side however
    Still have no ill will to Lennon despite my comments then.in the future, history will still see him as one of the most decorated players and managers in the clubs history despite the clear failings this season and I doubt fans in 20/30 years will still see him as the "guy who lost the 10", moreso for his successes.

3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I didn't want him either, but..

Can never imagine being in the position of wanting us to lose a game like that. (or any game for that matter) Regardless of what has followed.

Gabriel and Callum McGregor like this.
  4. SuperZidane

I agree with that. The club is a shambles and its not just the performances on the pitch, the players are not fit enough, the transfer strategy has been woeful.

If both Lennon and Lawwell went now, it would be too de-stabilizing.

If it were true that a payoff has been agreed with Lennon - then I would replace him with Kennedy/McManus in the interim the season is screwed anyway and I don't think they could do any worse than Lennon.

That would give Desmond time to work out what needs to be done in May - which must include Lawwell stepping down or an actual Director of Football being appointed. Also a new head coach manager who can bring in his own backroom team and lose the ones he doesn't want.

For me that would be preferable to a knee * appointment now to appease the fans.

I think most fans could live with that if Lennon goes and its clear that Kennedy/McManus are only interim appointments.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  5. Heb Celt

The board keeping this charlatan in a job this long is way past unforgivable but if they keep him til the end of the season over a paltry reported £300k in the process ruining our chances of winning anything next season is downright * madness.

seanm likes this.
  6. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    He gone yet?

Okay

I'll check back in an hour

johnboy19, The_Bhoy, PiotreQ and 3 others like this.
  7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It’s almost February. This shouldn’t be a knee * decision at this point. Once things started turning sour you should be looking at options and making contact.

Having a manager ready to come in now and assess the squad, look at what they need and look at targets would be ideal. But only if it’s the right manager.

8. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    There's no stability or good decision-making at the club. Lawwell must go, and then Lennon is easy to remove.

9. CountyDownFaithful

Ive been refreshing my Twitter feed since October and he’s still no gone

Ewang83, johnboy19, seanm and 4 others like this.
  10. The Dude

I wonder what it will take to finally see this leech removed from our football club. The day cannot come soon enough.

seanm and freitassen like this.
  11. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Maybe the bright lights of Bolton will come calling again.

seanm, Twisty and The Dude like this.
  12. jambo_cfc

I absolutely hated rodgers when he left , thought he was a rat * !! But reading keith jacksons story this morning and the way lennon has been last few month then realising that the rat is the one currently in charge ! Rodgers wanted castangne and justin as his full backs and the board half heartedly tried for these !! For me rodgers had his vision of where he wanted to take the club and its apprent now he was not backed !! If he was backed i believe he would have been here for this season ! Leicester was probably too good to turn down as they probably promised him a free reign on signings ! Again its probably us being * over from the board ! Rodgers knew he couldn’t sustain what he was doing on a * budget !

Ewang83 and Jeannie960 like this.
  13. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That may be the case, it may be conjecture. But I would caution taking anything that Keith Jackson says as gospel. If he said the sky was blue, I would still be asking for a second opinion.

Gabriel, Mince.Charming and The Dude like this.
  14. celtic warrior

* ridiculous he's still here.

I'm sorry, but this squad, well.....most of it, don't go from 9iar champions to potentially finishing a season 20+ points behind the huns because they are * and bottlers.

That is on Lennon for losing the team and refusing to play the squads undoubted strengths and instead insist he goes back in time and reverse all of the professional standards Rodgers created.

It's also on the board for not having the foresight to see this coming, for taking the fans as idiots assuming we'd all love Lennon no matter what and for keeping the * in the job to this very day.

seanm likes this.
  15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Rodgers was never staying here for the 10, regardless of how he was backed.

16. The Dude

The decision to give Lennon the job on a permanent basis was painfully stupid and wasteful, not just because of his dearth of coaching ability.

Rodgers revolutionised Celtic. His successor should have been someone with a similar philosophy, not someone whose ideas and values are antithetical to his, and certainly not someone who was mystified and overawed by his work.

We handed the controls from a flying ace to a passenger, with predictably catastrophic consequences.

17. Roskopicachu

Reckon someone like Sylvinho would be a good choice.
    Someone with good contacts and can do the scouting himself.

Sylvinho sets up 4-3-3, or 5-3-2 against attack minded sides away from home in Europe.
    One of the more remarkable things about Lennon is a failure to recognize 4-3-3.
    One of the finer things is being able to make 4-3-3 work.

It might be better moving to the future formation now, with someone who knows
    how to shape the team.

seanm likes this.
  18. Tomas

We need someone who can motivate, organise, coach and change tactics as necessary. NL doesn't match the criteria. It will be intriguing to see who eventually comes in, right now it looks like nothing is happening but surely moves are being made behind the scenes. Regardless when we make a new appointment, NL should be stood down now and an interim staff put in place. Results can't really be much worse.

seanm likes this.
  19. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

I really can't see any top notch European or English manager coming in, I hope I'm proved wrong. I think Lawell and Desmond will be looking at a Scottish replacement, the days of signing some-one like that are over with this board in charge.

JML67, Rydo1888*, Artorias and 3 others like this.
  20. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Unless it's DD picking the manager again, we will go for the cheapest option, I have a horrible felling it might be Kennedy

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

Artorias, Wee Baldy and seanm like this.