1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Which would call into question their competency when they agreed a review date for this month, surely meaning an outcome of that, could be seeking a replacement manager?

Lawwell receives an extraordinary salary in comparison to other CEOs in our League and others of a similar size.

Why then can Livingston decide to twist in November and see their fortunes improve on the back of it but the man we pay £20k per week can't?

All we hear from the club and the board sycophants is how we can't do things.

"We couldn't get another Brendan Rodgers type manager"

"We couldn't replace Dembele on the final day of the transfer window as it all came out the blue" (despite.tbe whole club talking about 2 year cycles for young players)

"We can't play at our usual level without the fans"

"We couldn't have prepared for a game v Livingston in the snow on a plastic pitch without traveling half-way round the world to Dubai"

I think it's time we hired individuals that find solutions to problems, rather than point them out as an excuse to mask failure.

2. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Lennon on the radio and tv punditry next season will be a riot ! gagging clause will mean * all to him .. if you think Provan an Walker puts the boot in , you aint seen nothing yet .

3. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

remember earlier in the season there seemed to be a fallout between the 2 of them ?

maybe kennedy was trying to fix it but lennon being the manager over ruled him

lennon is toxic we arent getting the results under him we have been * all season

the way weve played football for years now is based on keeping possession of the ball and being patient wearing teams down and then when the time is right our forward players come alive and bam bam, thats what we perfected domestically under rodgers and its that style of play that has lost its way

we still try to play that way but we dont have the patience and we dont seem to be able to raise and lower the tempo of the game at will, the way professional players and we used to be able to do and which gives great opportunities for the forwards to score goals

theres just a complete lack of faith in this system under lennon and thats been from the moment rodgers left the building and we have gradually got worse

4. Lewis Kerr

Protests needed again. It's the only way..

TheWolf and Noskeil like this.
  5. shaunm

The thing I don’t understand about Lenny is that when he came in,he thought to himself,this isn’t right,I need to change things.We were super fit under Rodgers,seemed a lot more professional aswell.Why did he feel the need to lower the standards

6. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

no he kept saying he didnt change things, but that was obviously a lie as we have seen the fitness deterioate and the coaching gone to * and no reviews of performances what the actual *

the guy would have been sacked by other clubs for running things so poorly i dont actually know what hes doing in this role as manager

the only thing i can see is he is the leader on paper but does nothing of worth in the job

this squad of players and the club clearly lacks a leader and that is one of the most important roles for the manager and its not there

so sack him we arent any further worse off from something were not getting anyway

were all thinking it hes not mentally fit for the job or has had a mental breakdown in the job and because of this and because the celtic club and family care for him, love him they are paralysed into not being able to do anything for fear of what it might do to neil lennon

thats where were at there i said it

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    Artorias and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  7. shaunm

He’s a leader,your right mate,a man manager,but football has changed massively now,he’s no even old but his methods make him a footballing dinosaur

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  8. Sgt Neppers*

He didn't do it purposely. It's his way, his methods, his standards. Which are far lower than BR was. Slippy G isn't a brilliant tactician by any means. He instills a code, professionalism that he abided to his whole playing career, coupled with great fitness, which aids mentality also. We need a coach badly. A DOF also.

These things are very clearly missing. There is no standard being set or a very low one. No leadership it appears from the playing squad either.

Rudderless, aimless, thoughtless. Staggering from one * heap to the next, whilst mugging the fans off.

9. shaunm

Brilliant post mate

The Phoenix and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  10. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Cant wait to see the pishy video and angle they go with to try sell season books who in their right mind would pay for something when they have no clue what were getting even drip feeding this to the media does nothing saying were gonna change football operations in the summer and neil walks and give it to Kennedy is 100 percent something we wpuld do they need to come out and give a clear message no review balls just this is what it is the twitter account would infuriate you on this day naka scored a worldy they dont read the room

11. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

Its got to the stage now where I'm even thinking of cancelling my subscription of the Celtic View (I've been reading Pravda since I was about 10).

Peej likes this.
  12. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    How are you going to find out what Callum McGregor's favourite food is then?

13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    This is it, are they that arrogant and blind that they dont see what is now the bigger isse? That 2 teams behind us are rubbing their hands at a CL qualification spot.
    Hibs and Aberdeen wont give a * that they wont make it past the first qualifier, they will just be * happy it will be a glamour game and great exposure and a much bigger income for them than any other qualification year.

The huns are skint as *, over their eyeballs in debt and short loans to board members - they will keep it that way. Board members will continue to back that *, specially if they get to see CL money go through the club and milk some off the top for themselves. What they will do is use the influx of cash to short term make things look okay, then blow a load with the rest and the usual income they bring in. They'll still be tens of million in debt next year, just with an inflated team and ego.

We really are about to set ourselves back massively now. Lennon will finally * go and I will cheer when he finally does with Lawwell right behind him I hope.
    We will get someone new in and I believe we will see a brilliant change - more so if PL does * off as well.

But the damage will be done and the huns will be full on confidence and an improved squad, they will be going for it again.

14. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Livingston managed it. Clubs bigger and smaller than us will manage to do so if necessary. The writing has been on the wall for months. Give him extra time if you want but surely we could have at least identified prospects in the meantime

15. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Good Fukking Greif !!

Succession at Celtic 59
    BY PAUL67 ON 22ND JANUARY 2021 CQN BLOG & COMMENTS
    I have no doubt this morning’s press reports on Celtic’s plans for the months ahead are correct. We are told the club “is planning an overhaul of their football operations in the summer that would see significant changes to their set-up.” There is a great deal you can surmise from that Statement.
    “Overhaul… of football operations”, “significant changes”, leaves zero doubt Neil Lennon will be moving on and suggests wider changes are likely. It is also safe to assume Neil is on-board with this and has agreed to remain in charge until the end of the season, or a suitable replacement arrives.

Neil would not go through this torture were it not out of a sense of responsibility towards the players, several of whom he personally convinced to stay for this ‘important season’. Malicious talk of holding out for a payoff is well wide of the mark.

What is also clear is that Celtic are not happy to appoint any manager who is prepared to come to the club right now. This precludes those out of work, or those who are not prepared to ‘Do a Brendan’ and leave their current project with trophies still to be won and lost.
    The new industry is not always as helpful. Last night reports that betting was suspended on Eddie Howe getting the job received plenty of clicks. Eddie has his eyes on a different target and will almost certainly pick up an English Premiership job this year. He is as likely to come to Celtic as another fantasy appointment, Mauricio Pochettino, was, before choosing Paris when he could have made his home in Glasgow. If only it was that easy.

If we take the ‘Get real’ suggestions off the table, I know the photo fit you are working with. Someone who has over-performed in a different environment, who is technically razor sharp and can bring knowledge of a value market.

They will have a successful track record, one that is short enough that they have not already moved up the food chain, but one longer than Ronny Deila’s mercurial rise at Stromsgodset. We now know that the skills required to achieve one season of spectacular success is Norway does not automatically equip a manager for what on paper looks an easier task. The Goldilocks candidate, enough of a spectacular record, but not too much that they have already got their move.

The quick fix if Neil leaves is John Kennedy as interim or someone, like Ronny, who cannot believe he’s been offered the Celtic job. Or let Neil complete the season and attempt to add the Scottish Cup and leave his second term trophy report reading 6 out of 8. I am not recommending either option, it’s too complicated to sit on the outside and suggest a fix with any conviction – not matter how convinced this is an easy one, it’s not.

If Neil remains until the end of the season it will not be because he needs the money, or because he deserves the respect of a Celtic hero (although he does), it is because the business of succession has to be settled. My preference would be to spend these months doing reconnaissance; better to do it right than to do it early, but the galleries have loved a blood letting since the Colosseum, we know how it works.

16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I fully agree with you, we could probably have a manager in and signed today if we really wanted to do that, but what I meant was, a manager that the board like.

Gabriel likes this.
  17. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

The wee exclusives coming out in dribs and drabs about him staying is the boards way of lightening the backlash they will receive when they come out with the review results next week. As everyone will know what the result will be and will have come to terms with it a bit by then.

18. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

They're the best bits, plus the posters, well screenshots/wallpapers these days :67:

19. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

I understand what you are saying and some what mostly agree about taking our time etc but we will be working with tight time scales, of course assuming the pandemic doesn't force an early shut down. CL qualifiers will be upon us before we realise ( if we finish second) then throw in the Euros if they go ahead. To replace Lawell, appoint a new manager with his own coaching staff and get players in and all gelled together at the end of the season to be prepared for the new season is a tall order. I feel if we leave it that late we can pretty much right off next season as well. We should be looking at a couple of quality CB's this transfer window that any manager would want to give us a fighting Chance. Sadly, it won't happen with this board. We need change now, If Lennon is here until the summer then we need a new CEO in now to start looking for a new manager and target the players he wants so everything is in place when the summer transfer window opens

20. Dip 'n' Swerve

the saddest thing is that the last proper playmaker we had was lubo, I know playmakers are like hens teeth but they are worth their weight in gold.

under the Sutton / Larsson / thompson era.. it was quick and pace down the wings, good deliveries with pace and precision, threats from corners and set pieces - exactly how the blue side of Glasgow are able to get wins.