1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Just get so far to * man, just * off.

Artorias likes this.
  2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

They're playing a risky game if they think they can just dig their heels in and let him see out the season.

I spoke to my Granda yesterday who has been watching us since the regional leagues during the 2nd World War and he's disengaging with Celtic. There will be 10s of thousands of supporters in the same boat.

If this is the contempt they want to treat us with then the support need to take the gloves off and fight back with our response.

Season Pass boycotts, Merch boycotts, Celtic TV cancellations, Unfollowing & disengaging with the social media platforms, mobilisation of shares behind a common cause. Nothing should be off the table.

This has went beyond just being a bit arrogant and disrespectful to the fans, this is total disdain.

King of Kings likes this.
  3. joemc

The abuse it is ott tbh , and I dont like seeing or hearing that from fellow tims , its not celtic like , just my opinion , its gonna by extremely difficult for him to continue no doupt as fans are not happy , however and despite fan opinion you have to admire his desire to fight on and that only comes from battle hardened people and that is the type needed for the post , with these types it comes down to the board to make the call and spare me the accusations of its about money , I dont think thats the prime motivating factor for him .

seamus1967 and scootz like this.
  4. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

It's the 3 aresholes against the vast majority of the entire Celtic support. In the 80/90's the Board called us "malcontents" but we won in the end and we will win this battle as well.

5. Sgt Neppers*

The desire and fight is against the criticism of himself and his position. He accepts zero responsibility for this situation and has no answer for it as he says in interviews. This is because of the position that he has created himself. His time has well and truly gone.

6. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Just give it to Kennedy and Strachan till the end of the season if you're not going to hire a new manager. Go and bring in a short term coach to work under them if need be.

SuperZidane likes this.
  7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

His desire to fight on?

He knows he’s done. The club knows he’s done.

The only two possible reasons he’s still here is because of money and/or the club have no idea who will replace him.

Really is weird how far people will go to defend this guy. Do you know Lennon personally? He doesn’t care about you so I have no idea why anyone cares about Lennon or his wee feelings getting hurt.

Mr Shelby and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  8. JamesM09

I’ve wanted Lennon out for a long time.

However..

I don’t mind him staying until the end of the season if they announce right now that he’s finished. A bit like Ronny did.

Don’t get me wrong, my preference is to get him as far away from the club as possible as quickly as possible and maybe someone like McManus to take the team for a few months.

But my logic is I don’t want the next permanent manager brought in until Lawwell is gone.

Lawwell gone ->Director of Football in -> New management team -> new scouting team. It should be done like that.

That is much better than a new manager being brought in (like Howe) and Lawwell keeping his job.

Trust me, no matter who comes in, even if there is short term success the longer Lawwell is here this club will be severely damaged.

9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Exactly. Let brown coach even, he does good with the under age ones. Its time something was sorted if only to appease the fans and bring something else to talk about other than constant negativity.

callumrae1967 likes this.
  10. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Pedro’s Masterplan:

Extend ST deadline to latest possible date
    Appoint Howe early Summer
    Stadium openings back on the government’s agenda late Summer

Those gullible * will renew in their thousands.

And we will...

Artorias and JC Anton like this.
  11. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    The record story comes from the Mail print version. Can anyone upload the Mail print version?

12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

The team has chucked it under Lennon.

Keep him on and there are no guarantees we even get 2nd place with the results we are getting.

We just bullied off a reserve Livingston side that was resting players. If that doesn't tell people we need urgent change (even an interim).then I don't know what will.

I do share your sentiment about Lawwell though. He's the reason Lennon is still here.

King of Kings likes this.
  13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    They are gonna keep him to end of season is plan disgrace we will finish fourth watch this space

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Uploading a picture of a purchased Daily Mail should be a bannable offence.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  15. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    That is a fair point. Strange that a story as big as this is only in a print version.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  16. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Bang on.

I’m disgusted by it in all honesty. I understand people’s desire to get back to games next season will be a strong draw to renew, but between hanging on to Lennon at all costs, some of the comments about the support, and wall of silence, the * decision, and the absolute arrogance that’s brought us here, I can’t say I’ll be hurrying back to contribute any money to the club next season.

Thousands of others will be feeling the same, abs it isn’t just down to performances or results. Those are just the outputs of years of mismanagement.

Artorias, SuperZidane and Seán Mac D like this.
  17. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Celtic are reported to have shelved another video message from Peter Lawwell to explain the decision to stick with Neil Lennon until the end of the season.

The claim has been made in the Daily Mail which has a strong track record in anticipating the plans of the Celtic CEO.

If the report is true it is another example of the Celtic board delaying the inevitable as they scramble around looking for a Plan B. Faced with supporter unrest at the end of November following a disastrous run of results the club stated that a managerial review would be carried out in the new year.

Other than a small blip in December Celtic’s results have been horrendous and now reads at seven wins in their last 22 matches.

Picking up from the Daily Mail report, the Daily Record reports:

Under pressure Celtic power brokers would prefer to retain Neil Lennon until the end of the season amid growing pressure to remove their beleaguered manager, according to a report. The Daily Mail suggest that the Parkhead club is planning an overhaul of their football operations in the summer that would see significant changes to their set-up.

And it is the preference of the decision makers at the club that the Irishman be retained to see out this season to a conclusion. Chief Executive Peter Lawwell reportedly planned to give a ‘state-of-play’ video address to update fans this week but that idea has now been shelved following reaction to last week’s apology over the trip to Dubai.

Lawwell conducted a five minute interview with Gerry McCulloch of Celtic TV as he apologised for the controversial break in the UAE but it did little to stem the tide of criticism the club has faced.

Shelving a video message is probably a wise move after two attempts at setting the record straight over the last 10 days.

Peter Lawwell’s apology for the Dubai trip quickly turned into a lengthy justification for the trip while Neil Lennon’s Monday media conference was deemed too controversial for the club to put up on their own You Tube channel.

18. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I remember back in October saying we wouldn’t win the league with Lennon in charge. I can say with reasonable confidence that we won’t win the league next season if we keep him in charge until the end of this season.

Lawwell, for me, would always have been away after this season. This season would just decide if he left on a massive high (with a massive payoff), or shuffles off never to be welcomed around Celtic Park again. His poor decision making over the past few years means it will be the latter, unfortunately.

We’re not 2nd just now simply because Lennon is a bad manager - we’re 2nd because of a string of bad decisions over the last few years that include hiring Lennon as manager. Decisions that saw us miss out on key transfer targets that have gone of to be massive successes elsewhere, decisions to adopt a ‘jobs for the boys’ approach rather than filling the club with the best available, decisions to not modernise our strategy when we had the opportunity to do so under Rodgers, and immediately following his departure.

If we don’t get someone in well before the end of the season, and let them bring in their own team to work with behind the scenes, I can almost guarantee we won’t qualify for the CL, and won’t have much financial muscle to strengthen the team in the summer. It’s a massive task even with someone coming in now tbh.

There’s a good chance we’ll be playing catch up for a few years, barring some sort of hun financial tomfoolery catching up with them. The correct time to sack Lennon was before the international break, but they insisted on giving him the cup final. The next opportunity came immediately after the Sevco loss, to give someone new time to trim the squad and rebuild. Do it in summer and it’s simply too much to do in too little time.

Wee Baldy and The Phoenix like this.
  19. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Who ever is behind the bonus that’s stopping us getting rid is an absolute *

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Id honestly rather let Scott Brown manage us until the end of the season than this *, we are going absolutely nowhere, 7 wins in 22 games what the * do they think is gonna change? If we keep him in we are fighting for 3rd never mind pride, * sack this clown.