1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SteveyNico67

He has been a Celtic legend but that was petty stuff Morelos normally gets away with last night.
    It summed up the season for me, lack of discipline on so many fronts from board, players and management.

5pm. tick tick tick....

The67Sound and Hammy89 like this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Good point about Morelos and no to defend him but he gets away with that every week..

We're deffo refereed differently..

3. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Belittling him, yep. Hun-like behaviour.

Lennon's antics are completely different to Brown. It's irrelevant to compare the two.

His current form is him coming to the end of his career. It shouldn't have come to this. It's our fault, not his.

4. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Hang up the boots Broony

5. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

So in conclusion it’s hun behaviour to have an opinion that a player has been overrated during his tenure here. Glad we cleared that up.

You keep referring to him this season. I’m not talking about this season. The guy can barely move which was his main attribute in his prime so it would be unfair to make any judgements based on his form post lockdown.

6. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Not at all. Your opinion of Brown, however, would be more in line with a hun than it would a Tim.

Wide of the mark to think anything but that he has been a terrific servant to the club both on and off the field.

For a guy who could barely move, he had the biggest pass completion (96%, misplacing 18 passes out of 411) and had the most interceptions in the Champions League group stage in 2016/17 season.

The irony of your profile name when you're questioning what Brown has done for Celtic.

The67Sound likes this.
  7. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Lol.

I didn’t say he couldn’t move in 2016/17, you keep making * up and calling me on it.

Pass percentage is incredibly misleading and doesn’t take in to account decision making. You could have 100% pass completion but every one could put your team mate under unnecessary pressure. Kevin de Bruyne often posts figures of less than 75%.

And the last part I genuinely don’t know how to respond. It’s a username on an Internet forum.

The Phoenix and Aidan O’Shea like this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

So true man. Embarrassing the way our players are made to say all this pish.

TheWolf likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

They aren’t held at gun point and made to say anything.

stop talking Pish man honestly.

Big C likes this.
  11. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I think he should be commended for saying all that pish with a straight face

TheWolf and Luis1967 like this.
  12. CountyDownFaithful

I hope this is Broony’s last season.

This isn’t a case of throwing everyone under the bus because we didn’t get 10 but it’s the realisation that the decade of dominance is done and we are on the brink of a new era.

What a leader and captain he has been. He’s deservedly wrote his name into the history books and will always be welcome at Celtic Park.

His footballing ability is clearly in decline and he’s no longer got the legs to be a competitive midfielder. We need new a leader and I hope we see a raft of experienced players coming in this summer who fit the bill.

13. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

You miss that Brown interview a few weeks ago. Random in house interview to tell us how great we are and there’s nothing to worry about :56:

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Lawwell will remain in his post until June and Brown expects talks over his own future as his contract comes to an end.

He said: “We’ve spoken about it a couple of times. We’ll sit down in the next few months and talk about what’s happening.

“It’s more to see how I’m feeling, if I feel I can continue playing. If I can and it’s at Celtic, it’s at Celtic. If not, it’s maybe coaching.

“I don’t know, to be perfectly honest.

“There’s still a long way to go until the end of the season, so I’ve got time to make my mind up.”

Brown is banned for Celtic’s Premiership clash with St Mirren after a red card against Livingston.

He said: “It was very, very harsh, to be fair. I just tried to use my arm to move the lad out of the way and turn.

“To get two games is a bit harsh. But it is what it is and I’ll deal with it.”

16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    My annoyance and hate maybe getting in the way, but he's at it if he is telling us he didn't mean that red card.

Also at it if he thinks he can play another season here.
    And then the assumption he can just become coach, which I know we all would normally of liked. But now, * it. Sick of handing out sympathy staff roles here

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

17. Martybhoy53

Brown thinks there should be a statue of Lawwell outside Celtic park. As long as it reads "the guy that helped to * the 10".

18. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

By all accounts Broonys a great coach, I’d happily have him in the set up, be it the unders or whatever.

Peej likes this.
  19. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    By all accounts Kennedy was a great coach. I have seen nothing to suggest Brown is any sort of coach worth having. I'm sick to the back teeth of ex players getting coaching roles here just because they are ex players. We need coaches that are here based purely on merit and experience, wherever they come from. Let Brown go somewhere else and coach to get experience then if, and only if, he proves himself give him a coaching role, don't just give him one that could screw over the development of more of our youth players if he's not up to it.

Lewis Kerr and Peej like this.
  20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Think I recall he took control of the unders a few times while he done some badges a couple years back?

Honestly no clue if he would be or not. We have seen some former captains be great managers in football and use their leadership roles to continue that. Others not so great. Time will tell.

But for the moment, I am done handing out these sort of roles - coach at the unders with McManus and O'Dea, batter in. To replace Strachan or Kennedy - * off.

Lupis likes this.