1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    The fact he's said he won't walk away it's for Celtic to decide tells you everything about the man, he's looking for a pay off and doesn't give a * about the damage him remaining in position is doing. Incredible situation one guy not very good at his job can hold the club to ransom, as for dermot Desmond he's not prepared to act unless he has hun director's pishing themselves at him. Where's wee Fergus when you need him to sort * out.

SuperZidane and TESLA like this.
  2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I do know we’ve been using rolling contracts since MON left and that it’s common knowledge among the Celtic support of the rolling contract.

3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Even Rodgers started on the rolling contract before signing a 4 year deal in his second season.

4. Stevie6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    Presumably we are still just haggling over the pay off amount and that why there's been no announcement. :39:

5. JamesM09

Can I ask how you know this? I’ve looked it up several times and it says SuperZidane is right.

6. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Can someone send that * Lawwell a calculator so he can work out how much more the club will lose through ST’s and merch than paying Lennon off. * no brainer if it’s coming down to money.

Artorias likes this.
  7. Lavender Gooms

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    You surely can't be defending him?

8. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Naw just * off he’s still here.

9. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

On Monday when someone asked him if he had the boards backing until end of season, which had been reported in the media last week he replied “good news for me then”...then some comment about he hadn’t been told that.

That quote says to me he’d be happy just to stay on here til end of season no matter if we lose every game. Can’t blame him too much for trying to make as much coin as possible. Board should of done their job months ago.

10. Lavender Gooms

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Ahh fair enough

11. Lavender Gooms

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    EDIT: Double post

12. jambo_cfc

CelticSLO expects review within the week

13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

The Chase yersel or more apt * Pointless?

14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

What is there to review ffs.

15. Sgt Neppers*

Continously shooting ourselves in the foot by allowing time to pass by having this parasite in charge. Its not this season thats at stake, that is done and dusted. Its for the seasons after that. Allowing Lennon to continue is an act of incompetence, sabotage. Completely disillusioned at the moment. Tired of it all.

Potentially haven't even hit rock bottom yet.

16. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    " I will be the manager un'till I'm told otherwise " * shivers when he said that in the BBC interview he walked out of last night .

" I thought Duffer had a good chance " near pished myself when he said that in the club post mortem .. Duffer :rofl: !!

Breathnach67 likes this.
  17. jambo_cfc

i think celtic may have promised him january no matter the results up until the review

18. oh bhoy

What sort of standards are these * trying to introduce ?
    its not * ok to get knocked out of champions league qualifiers by minnows
    It's not * ok to come last in a Europa league group with 3 poor teams in it
    It's not * ok to get knocked out of the league cup by Ross county
    It not * ok to be second in the league, to be 20 odd points behind already is * outrageous!
    Any one of these should be casting doubt on a manager's suitability for the job
    What the actual * is going on at celtic

Keano88, KRS-1888 and Crilly like this.
  19. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    So many things * me off about this. Had he just been sacked in November, supposing we hadn't got a new manager in until January, we still wouldn't be in any worse a position than we are now, and we would have had a transfer window to try and strengthen. Even if that was just strengthening for next season. As it is Lenny is getting nothing, as he is likely off at the end of the season, so this window is a completely wasted opportunity and leaves us at a disadvantage going into next season as well.

Also it's not as if that lot have had to work to win the league, through our own sheer incompetence from Lawwell and Lenny down, we have boxed it up, wrapped it in gift paper, tied a wee bow to it and handed it to them on a * platter. It's pathetic.

20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    None of it makes sense, other than now to assume that this is a stand off between Lawwell and Lennon to see who is the bigger * of the lot.

I'm starting to think Lennon has went to Lawwell thinking he is his mate and asked for a payoff months ago, but was laughed at and told to get tae * he needs to quit.
    Lennon being stubborn as * wouldn't do that and Lawwell being equally stubborn and a * is now playing a game of chicken for who can stand this * the longest - Lennon and his reputation (now gone) or Lawwell and his balance sheet with the ST and Merch money on the line (pretty much taking a hit going forward).

Reckon Lennon surely can not be this big of a * and stupid, like this is serious low levels of complete idiot to be able to * up a Celtic squad this bad, it can only be done surely by someone being malice and doing this on purpose. I just refuse to believe that ANY manager of ANY ability could be this * poor at managing Celtic to be 6 wins in 21 games or whatever the stat is now.
    And in equal measures, you have to be on a lower level of stupid than Whyte and Greens love baby to be this * stupid and bad at running a business that you are literally watching and listening to your customers tell you to go * yourself (Lawwell) and that they won't be buying anything again.

If every customer of Tesco suddenly said they were not going to shop there again, with a serious threat, because of the CEO - the CEO would be shown the door the next week. Never mind the Dubai trip, the * season, the 2 decades of biscuit tin mentality, the years of abuse to the fans. Just purely a loyal customer base telling you they are not purchasing again would be enough to make changes happen.

I can not for a minute, surely believe that both these guys are this thick in the head for one of them not to have done the right thing.

Which leaves this as being a act of complete *-nature between the pair and the only logical thing is, Lawwell is a tight * and Lennon is a stubborn *. And that brings my thinking now back to Lennon has approached Lawwell earlier this season to ask for a payoff and been laughed at.

The alternative is, he is literally this stupid and not a Celtic man.
    I just can't believe there is more than Donald Trump in this world at that level of idiot.