1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Livingston v Celtic, Scottish Premiership. Wed 20th of Jan 2021, KO 20:15. Sky Sports.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Jan 16, 2021.

Discuss Livingston v Celtic, Scottish Premiership. Wed 20th of Jan 2021, KO 20:15. Sky Sports. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    I’d be happy with eddy the eagle mate, ski jumping aff aff the main stand Roof to land on the cente spot and ends up flying into the Celtic dug oot and landing on top of Lennon, snus and iPads flying oot all over the place

honda likes this.
  2. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Stop being so spoiled and entitled.

littlekennie, RiquelmeCSC and oh bhoy like this.
  3. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Getting trolled by Livi and them being raging to only draw twice and not beat us twice.

4. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Ajer and Barkas are rotten at the first goal.

5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Turnbull last guy you wanna take off only guy outside Griffiths who can score goals from outside the box it’s such an important trait especially if your chasing the win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Never mind his ability to score from outside the box, did you see the graphic on set piece chances created Sky put up half way through the game???

Absolutely criminal to remove him in the context of that game when he did. Similarly with Ajer, get Duffy to * and push Ajer in one if you want a change at full back.

7. SteveyNico67

Bottom line is the manager is useless. He looks at that team and, I imagine sober, picks Duffy and Barkas.

That’s basically playing with 9 men.

Not to mention it’s like playing with 9 men with a central defender and your keeper off.

His subs are baffling.

Why do we even train if we can’t defend set pieces / balls into the box.

I am still having flashbacks to that Duffy performance. To think I was over the moon when he signed, thought he was going to be exceptional. He has to be the most calamitous, limited CB in our history - yep you’ve guessed it - Lennon’s main man, a go to pick ....,

... wee Barky is also selling us down the river... he’s useless. Doesn’t make saves - that’s like having an gold iPhone that doesn’t turn on.

Genuinely if I wake up and Lennon is still there can someone please PM me when Lennon is gone because I can’t stomach this anymore.

#LennonOot

Dip 'n' Swerve likes this.
  8. TheHappyLoss

It’s just pathetic now

Artorias likes this.
  9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Eddy Eagle II sounds a hit. Not many films surpas the original but that sounds like it may :56:

10. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

The subs alone in his last few games clearly demonstrate he has completely lost the plot or he is deliberately sabotaging these games (for reasons unknown). Its either one or the other.

11. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    20210121_084411.jpg

Brown's heat map from last night

12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

13. GreenLeanMean

Well that was brutal. I had to convince myself to watch the game in the first place.

If you could sum up our season in one game then that was it.
    Needless fouls that lead to goals with our inability to defend balls onto the box.

Play well for a chunk of the game only to concede a another goal then the heads drop.

You didn't need a touch map to see that most of the 2nd half was played in our half of the pitch. Fresh snow all around their box.

Dip 'n' Swerve and Artorias like this.
  14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He's done it all season..

Does nothing until game's have swung, then makes a load of bizzare sub's..

Only when game's have turned will he then throw anything at it. Just hoping something sticks. Very little idea's behind it..

15. ladbroke8

Barkas reminds me of Gordon Marshall. He goes through the token gesture of diving but his arm is never outstretched to save the ball it's to protect himself on the way down, its done in slow motion and as the ball goes past him he's half on the turn looking to blame someone

16. Dip 'n' Swerve

The team is so disjointed - the managers fault.
    What is duffy, he cant even pass a ball.
    Bitton does everything at snail pace
    Taylor cannot take a player on or cross a ball.

Ajer was the only threat in the game the rest were * poor, Turnbull had a few nice things. moi and Christie were the same quiet and did * all. Christie that was a feeble tackle man, even play smart and concede the free kick rather than fall apart. Barkas - can the man even dive 4 or 5 yards fs.

I have never been a huge fan of mc gregor, but I am sorry I cannot see what he adds to the time, or what a captain he would make, he is limited in his own half and pretty much is tidy on the ball and moves it quick.

The subs? strange well not strange as we know lennon has no clue, nothing positive about them and takes of our most effective players. didn't have 2 strikers on the pitch at any one time

The second half we didn't threaten and I think from about 74 mins we struggled to get out of our own half - why did brown put himself in that position, I think he is lashing out as he knows this season is his last and he isn't going out in style.

From anger last week lennon now has 2-fingers up, 'sack me now and pay me out' - that is not what a true celtic man is, he never was or never will be a true celtic man.

The problems haven't arose last week, I would have thought by 21st Jan we would have even got 2 x players in on loan until the end of the season ; a goalkeeper and a centre half.

we lack fight, we lack strength , no one can stand up and boss a game, we lack passion, we have no creativity and terrible shooting this season - how many shots get blazed over the bar.

We have too many powder puff players - Frimpong, taylor, mc gregor, mikey j, rogic

terrible to watch - id keep 3 or 4 players - ajer, turnbull, griffiths, soro the rest could all move on.

17. Dip 'n' Swerve

his reactions and reflexes are rigor mortis - how have we not got someone in by now fs, anyone at all!

when we signed bain it was the start of all incoming players not good enough.

we thought we could coast the season - for the last 3 Christmas times we haven't been in first place ( is that right?) warning signs have been there!

18. Dip 'n' Swerve

it is scary any half decent coach or manager has a plan b
    he never had 2 strikers on the pitch - the only time we had 2 strikers was when duffy went up on the 91st min and I think he fell on the way up lol
    ajeiti I would have preferred but saying that our quality of crosses are keek - it is a big big difference between us and the rangers this season - they deliver crosses with conviction, precision and pace which more times than enough results in a goal.

19. Dip 'n' Swerve

where was el hamed ? games like these how much would you love jonny hayes and Gordon in next fs

20. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    The only thing he is is a piece of * who puts himself over the club! Had some respect left when he left in 2014, because it was the right time. If he continued back then it probably would have come to the same we see now. This season he has been found out. He is a redicilous bad coach with zero knowledge of tactics or training methods. He relies completely on individual class.