1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gurru 991

I agree . It's way to easy to link ex managers to players from their old club. Letting a player get to the last year of a contract is bad business though as it reduces the resale value .

2. Gurru 991

That made me laugh out loud.

JML67 likes this.
  3. ddub11

Does it really matter how much he goes for?we have had some good trans fare deals with players (with good add ons if the were sold again)and we have very little to show for it.

I mean its not like we are going out and buying big name players and romping the league.Our best player at the mo is probable turnball and we paid what 3 million plus?we could afford players like that with the money we receive form europe/sponsers etc.

Of course the money from big sales help but sadly we dont see the investment in the team.

4. Foley1888

If we are to experience a big overhaul in terms of the management at the club, then given the squad rebuilding job they will have on their hands getting as much money as we can for Edouard, Ajer, Christie, Ntcham and players we want rid off like Boli, Bayo, Shved, Hendry etc is going to be critical.

In the past two seasons we have spent £25mil mainly on poor players which is pretty much offset by the Tierney sale. Our current financial model won’t allow us to sign players without CL qualification as our income and expenditure are similar at EL group stage. The pandemic hitting has eroded most of our reserves based on the last accounts and if we don’t do well with sales this year there will be little to no budget for next season and we are going to need a fair few players.

5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Your right. We spend better when we're skint. Everytime we get a windfall we * it up the wall.

littlekennie likes this.
  6. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Selling him makes sense sadly. He's never going to perform for us to his potential for whatever reason.

paulo123 likes this.
  7. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Agree get what profit we can for him now.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I don't wanna be Edouard..

Shitebag pansy Hun..

Doogs. likes this.
  9. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Eddy should be told that if he wants to go in this transfer window he must score at least 3 goals a game for next 2 games

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I wanna be told that the * is away..

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://www.defensacentral.com/real...u-mano-fichar-a-la-perla-gala-odsonne-edouard

Real Madrid after the problems it is having for the forward with Jovic and Mariano, is already testing other options. To this we must add that Benzema does not have much time left at the good level. Zidane and Florentino are concerned about the goal, and for this they are investigating forwards in the world who have this ability as a main factor

As we have learned in Central Defense exclusively from sources very close to the white team, Edouard has a contract until 2022 with Celtic, they have tried to renew him but they do not succeed and they begin to assume their departure and, with it, to lower the signed price by the player.

Right now, that price would be between 20 and 25 million, a figure lower than the 50-60 that they asked for last summer. And it is that within a year he will be in a position to negotiate with any club if he has not left Scotland before, something that is his wish.

He is a PSG youth squad and Zidane already had references to him since his time in the Parisian team, hence now, depending on what may happen with Mariano and Jovic , he has the option of bringing him at a very reasonable price to be Benzema's substitute in case the economic crisis does not allow access to the Haalands or Mbappé in 2021.

The data speaks for itself. Edouard has played a total of 23 games, 11 goals and four assists this season. They are figures that enchant Real Madrid, which are still good evidence for Florentino to bet on the signing of the French star.

13. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    If Real Madrid want to sign him this window I think it is sadly best for us to take the money now and move on. If we can get at least 25m that would be decent under the circumstances. I just do not see him playing at his best the rest of this season and it is clear he is not willing to sign a new deal so sell him now if possible and move on.

14. david100825

Not a hope in *

15. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Never in a million years are Madrid taking him.

Twisty likes this.
  16. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    40% going to PSG in any scenario, or is that bs?

17. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Cash in on this gutless * bag.

18. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Not a clue on that one. It would not surprise me if they had a sell on clause that involved a percentage of any profit we make but I highly doubt it would be that high. Say what you want about Lawwell but I don't see him saying yes to a percentage of profit sell on clause that high.

Peej likes this.
  19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Wouldn’t get anywhere near the Madrid team.

Lennon1888 likes this.
  20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Wouldn't get in to the Madrid side, but considering Zidane knows him, French and the Dembele move to At.Madrid, they may look at this as a potential swoop before he ends up a year or two at another club like Lyon and costing them £50million.
    Go in now, could get him for under £20million.

And likely hood is, they will get that back even if he flops.
    A loan out of Madrid will see him do well at a mid table La Liga side and recoup that relative small value to them.

I just don't see us commanding more than £15mill really, and I don't imagine PSG have a 40% clause, 20% at best.
    As @eire4 says, say what we want about PL, but he aint a mug in these terms.