1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Here’s the thing no average supporter is relieving the board or Lennon from the blame but I’m not gonna absolve the government or turn a blind eye to their bullshit either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seamus1967 and Noskeil like this.
  2. Celticbhoy97

Just one day without nonsense Celtic that’s all I ask for

KRS-1888 likes this.
  3. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    The only reason any of the SPFL team like us is the fact we fill their stands twice a season. The four Celtic/Hun home games probably equate to 50% of their revenue. The sad reality is there is only one team that thinks like us in terms of progression and making the league better in terms of quality is der hun. If both teams were to leave for a better league, the SPFL would be on par with the evostik welsh league, as proven when the filth went into administration, not one team stepped up and improved in quality apart from Celtic, the gulf grew while the Aberdeen’s, Hibs and St Johnstone’s of the league quite happily aimed for a top 6 finish. In Scotland where it was a 1 horse race for 5 years, that’s *, shows that teams are not interested in progression, they spend to stay afloat with the best chances of not being relegated.

4. Bonobhoy

This 100%

The67Sound likes this.
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    LOL..

seamus1967 likes this.
  6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Based on what?

7. Mr. Slippyfist

19th of January, one of our best defenders is basically out for the season and there is not even one snippet of a replacement coming in, or any signing for that matter.

Speaks volumes for me, can’t wait till tomorrow’s game now only for the hope that the rumours of Lennon’s departure are true. Please...

8. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Aye that's what I was thinking, the complete lack of any incomings isn't a bad sign for me, could mean Lennon is leaving soon, fingers crossed.

9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He said he should...he never did.
    Closest he got was a weak brush on an apology for 13 being out - not for the trip itself.

10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Because faithful through and through and Neil Francis Lennon.

neilly1987 likes this.
  11. joemc

Yeh exactly , he should not apologize for the trip , it was sanctioned and correct protocols followed , they have done nothing wrong here , its the portrayal of the trip thats caused the problem to fans , Lennon took full responsibility for the trip along with medical team and sports science for the fact that its hurt us from the players who had to isolate , but again he stated the protocols for seating and distance change has caused the isolation of 13 players , something the club wer only recently made aware of on return .

The67Sound and seamus1967 like this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

STAN PETROV has told Neil Lennon to be a MAN as he insisted Andy Walker owes no apology to the raging Celtic boss.

Fuming Lenny let rip during an explosive press conference yesterday as he attacked ex-Hoops striker Andy Walker for branding the Dubai trip a jolly, insisting: “I want an apology from him.”

But Petrov was left dismayed by former teammate Lenny's incredible outburst and claimed his tirade was unbefitting of a Celtic manager.

When probed on whether Sky Sports pundit Walker should say sorry, Petrov delivered a brutally honest verdict as he told the Celtic Huddle Podcast: "No. When you are manager of Celtic and make decisions right or wrong, you expect people to come out and analyse it and talk about whether it's a right or wrong decision that you've made.

"People don't have to apologise to Neil Lennon. I've played with Neil, I have a great relationship with him, but sometimes when you have to talk about the truth, you don't have to go and seek apologies from everybody else.

"Just be a man. Go and apologise [about the Dubai trip], 'we got things wrong, we've learned from it, what we can do now we just go and perform'. That's the way it goes.

Me, as a former player and as someone who supports Celtic every week, that's what I wanted to hear. I don't want the manager of Celtic to go and ask for apologies for something someone said in the media.

"Celtic Football Club as a club, and the individuals that work and play for the club, is better than that.

"We as players and managers, you don't go and ask other people to apologise to you. You should be way above that, in my opinion."

Lennon dismissed John Hartson's claims that his time at Parkhead is over, saying the Welshman's opinion means NOTHING to him.

13. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    Nothing wrong with the Cymru League. And it's main sponsor is JD Sports.

Evostik was funny though :50:

Fe godwn ni eto
    (We will rise again)

Noskeil likes this.
  14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Sorry, I don't see where he has properly claimed the protocols was changed on the plane - he states they changed for the travel for the team AFTER Dubai, for the guys travelling to the last two games.
    The closest he got to claiming a change in protocols for the flight was a weak argument that it went from 2 rows forward and back, to 3 metres. Not sure the last time you were on a plane, but 3 metres on a plane is about 2 rows front and back either way.
    At best he is able to argue instead of 13, it should be 9 - it's a very very weak argument and does nothing but try to shift the anger away from him and the club and on to someone else - something he has done all season.

And once again, no one gives a flying * if the trip was sanctioned or not, we know it was, that is NOT the issue here at all. The issue is that we went at all. Don't give a * if the Government allowed it or even paid us to go on it, we should never have went.
    The fact he is proud of the fact only 2 are positive after this trip is a disgrace and shows that even he and the club understood the risk, expected positive results and yet still * went.

15. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Wish he would just leave, I feel like some of the gloom around Celtic would be lifted a little. The excitement of a new manager and a new way of playing would raise everybody’s spirits

16. Dubliner1

Based on facts
    Not true

17. Shauny Shauny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Is there anywhere to watch the full Lennon conference.
    Surely Celtic won't allow that to be broadcast on Celtic TV right?
    Just wee clips.... Full Conference? hh

18. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Stan as always spot on.

The_Bhoy and Peej like this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Na just the 5 minutes of stv

20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    And to add - even if the rules did change from 2 front and back, to 3 metres, it isnt a drastic change in distance on a plane and nor is it the first time that some people have been abroad and have returned needing to abide by different rules - plenty got caught out in France, Spain etc while allowed to go, but then the rules changed again.

This really isn't a witch hunt against Celtic - sure the handling of the pandemic has been poor in general, but all we had to do was double check any rules before we returned and then adjusted our travel if need be - like every other punter in the country.
    Lennon and the club are doing a fine job of making some folk look and focus their anger in the wrong direction here.