1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sgt Neppers*

Despite what side of the fence you sit on regards Dubai and the subsequent fallout. We remain an embarrassing 21 points behind an average but organised huns. Our football is *, we are horrendously set up defensively, continually misusing the squad/youths and are going to play against a team that are flying at a ground we don't play well at.

We could easily be humiliated here, yet there's no change, positive end on the horizon. It could well take years to sort out the archaic set up we have in place. That's what I want sorted. We are a circus all of our own doing.

Get the immediate future set out for the club Desmond. Give us something to engage and look forward to.

Mr Hoopy and TheWolf like this.
  2. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    There's no doubt we are at a major crossroads in the history of our club. We are getting pilloried form every angle and the majority of it is self inflicted. We have an incompetent manager (that many fan's didn't want appointed) who has led us to our worst ever results in years. We have a negligent board that have allowed the club to regress both on and off the park and have enabled a very ordinary huns team to destroy the dream of getting the 10. However, it's worth pointing out, that the SMSM have never had any love for our club and are enjoying the opportunities we are giving them. They are doing their very best to not only put the boot in but also divide the fans and we must remember that. So, yes, yesterdays interview was at times angry and uncontrolled however, it was no different from McCoist's "who are these people" interview and while the Dubai trip was wrong on so many levels, we are not the only club or individual who hasn't done the right thing when it comes to the pandemic.

3. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

Well its obviously that Vardy, I knew she was trouble, leaking stuff to the press, etc

4. Wullywanbaw

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Zombie nation
    Had a text saying, he (Lennon) will be away within the next 7 days. Crossing dots and tying stuff up. However, its from a mate who has been hit and miss recently with stuff. Personally thinks its BS, but thought i would pass it on none the less.

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Its in the herald and bbc

littlekennie likes this.
  6. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Ridiculous. It shouldn’t take 7 days to sack a manager. He deserves * all from this club at this point! I can’t believe I’m saying that about a guy who has given such great service to the club but that’s just testament to how much damage he has done! And yes, I know he is not alone in this but his * hour antics and sheer lack of functionality have certainly played a massive part in this absolute mess.

7. stew37

Just * bolt already Neil, doing my nut in now. Childish behaviour now. You've absolutely * it.

8. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    The only ones who shoulder more blame than Lennon is PL and the board.

I'm not saying the players are exempt but how can they play under a rudderless regime.

Lennon's duties are literally based on results. He gets that by motivating and with tactics. Both he has failed at. I'm not buying that the players cannot be motivated. They can be. All players can.

9. CountyDownFaithful

This Dubai situation is playing right into his hands even if he is to blame for going there in the first place.

Lennon is doing his best to deflect from the performances and results on the pitch this season.

I’m still in genuine disbelief that he is still Celtic manager. I’m now at the stage where I won’t renew if he is in charge next season - fck that!

Crilly and rickyroma25 like this.
  10. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

He's demanding a ceremonial walk out with honours down Celtic Way, green and white ribbons, the lot, all takes time to organise you know.

11. Mr Hoopy

Lenny should have walked with his head help high and with the respect of the fans after we got knocked out of CL.

By digging his heels in he has only succeeded in making us look like an absolute embarrassment of a club. The board have not helped of course, Lenny was clearly having difficulty walking away from his beloved club so in that instance the decision should have been made for him.

I feel sad that this great institution is in the state that it is. The board, management team and playing staff should all be ashamed of themselves.

It is going to be a monumental task to lift the spirit of the fans and the players. We urgently need:
    1. New Manager who is forward thinking.
    2. New coaching staff
    3. Changes in boardroom
    4. A clear out of players
    5. Players signed (before the usual last minute before the deadline scenario) who are both experienced and proven and will hit the ground running. Celtic supporting players not always answer (Shane...). Quality first. Oh and that means the new manager being given a budget to let that happen. Penny pinching has cost us over the years (McGinn) so no * about - be professional and get the job done.

Sort it out Celtic :ireland:

CountyDownFaithful and Wee Baldy like this.
  12. joemc

If they are being offered to triple thier salary elsewhere you have basically lost this player to any motivation ,hence (shop window) has been mentioned a few times to try to get more out players who have left mentally.

13. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I see the training videos are up * em it's n business as usual got my renewal letter in the post they really do not read the room at all so they sorry they do they just don't care

14. jambo_cfc

Petrov now saying he needs to go !! All his mates who have backed him in the past sutton , hartson now petrov have seen sense ! Surely one of them would pick up the phone and speak to him !! Not for celtics sake but for lennons !! They can see the toll this is taking on there pal so they must be worried in a non footballing sense !! If lennon still thinks hes the man too take us forward then there is massive issues there

15. marty89

"double standard
    noun
    a rule or principle which is unfairly applied in different ways to different people or groups"

“A meeting involving the Scottish Government’s Covid experts took place this morning and after reviewing all relevant information from the under-21 team manager and Covid officer, they identified a further eight players and two staff members considered to be close contacts . . .
    The close contacts were established using aircraft and bus manifests, in adherence to government protocols that consider close contacts to be two rows either side of a positive case."

"negative, we have been informed by the authorities that, having been deemed ‘close contacts’, Celtic manager Neil Lennon, assistant John Kennedy and 13 first-team players will be required to self-isolate on a precautionary basis *as required by the current regulations*."

Nobody knows if it's a double standard or not as there is a complete lack of transparency.
    It is blatantly obvious that on the face of it that a double standard could have been applied due to completely different outcomes.

The question would be did the rules change when the team were over there like the lockdown did?

What information was the club given by health and safety experts which lead to 16 individuals being put a risk of loss of life from one contact?

Or does your uncle work for the SFA and you've got the inside scoop or something?

16. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Clutching at straws. Every player in the squad is up for sale.

The manager's job is to get the best performances out of them. Lennon simply hasn't. At any point throughout the season. For anybody.

17. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Completely different outcomes does not imply a double standard.

Perhaps the rules were changed, perhaps there’s more to it simple aircraft and bus manifests (I’m assuming the players got up freely and wandered around on the 6 hour flight to Dubai). Perhaps one of them went for a *, tested positive, meaning all of the other who went for a * had to isolate. I don’t know.

I do know it’s on Celtic to make a more coherent, formalised challenge if they believe what was required of them (13 players having to self-isolate) was not correct according to current government guidance. You don’t think we have a legal team who will have provided us with guidance on this?

Until we do that it’s simply the ramblings of someone eager to deflect from their own failings.

It’s all a bit sevco/dossier at this stage. If there’s a legitimate complaint to be made - make it. Don’t leave it to fans to guess as to why there may have been a double standard. Bring it out in the open, stare explicitly what you believe it to be, and challenge it in the proper channels.

JamesM09 likes this.
  18. JamesM09

Nail on the head here. Our behaviour after making this mistake is extremely Sevco. That's what's annoying a lot of fans. Just rise above and admit when we're wrong ffs.

If nothing else, behaving like this gives the Huns a licence to also behave like this.

To those defending Lennon's behaviour, let me give you a quote from Fergus McCann from 2013 to explain what I mean.

“It would’ve cost less, and left the previous owners with nothing, to go into liquidation. But it would also be humiliating for Celtic. So we paid all the bills. Celtic means the same to me as it does to other fans. I identify with the club and wish to be proud of it.”
    Fergus McCann (2013)

We are better than them, except for Lennon, who is exhibiting chronic Sevco behaviour.

19. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Agreed and neither they should or will even contemplate. If anyone thinks the SG favours the orcs over us they should go and have a look on sevco media and see how this - * controlled Papish Scottish Government has helped them at every turn :giggle1:

Imo the fact there are ... folk, on both sides, claiming they have a bias one way or the other just confirms we have * off both sides, which shows they are sitting on the fence pretty well all things considered.

Bob Loblaw, MacEwan and King of Kings like this.
  20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

So that’s Sutton, Petrov and Hartson all said Lennon should go.

Even his close mates are finally seeing sense. Mon to * Lennon.