1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Its his win record with the players he has at his disposal.

6 wins in 21, come on ffs..

With each day the rebuild becomes more difficult.

2. joemc

If you feel wronged do you just accept it and move along as though nothing happened, if everyone believes that then they are hypocrites and it contradicts everything they have said about the res .

Sydneysider and Marie like this.
  3. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I think he's right o criticise the government that sanctioned the trip and then tried to score points off the back of it. The same government that's flooded care homes with sick people and the same government that didn't bat an eyelid when Scotland were partying it up after qualifying.

They are very hypocritical.

4. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

I'd like to see this quote as well.

MacEwan likes this.
  5. SteveyNico67

Not to mention that it’s beyond the realms of possibility that we should have some infected and isolating huns. But noooo... they’ve been fine. Bussing around, flying around - someone must have picked it up, someone must have spread it, they should have been weakened but ... no. They ‘march’ (stumble) on.

Mystic Penguin likes this.
  6. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    What exactly did sturgeon say that seems to have * off so many fans?

The quotes I’m seeing are mild as *, and correctly point out that we shouldn’t be going away for R&R, a term Lennon himself used I’m sure.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  7. joemc

It may sound like I'm backing him to the hilt here regardless but im trying to point to wot I see has gone wrong this year , it can't be taken lightly that our main players are leaving and will play at 50% avoiding injury ,our fans are a big part of wot drives us on , add to that the fact everyone wants to see a change and new winners in spl after 4 domestic clean sweeps and a natural dilution of hunger then there is genuine reason for things not going to plan , maybe if nl had the full control needed then things may have been better or worse who knows , but I do know he can motivate teams who are able to rise to that .

8. joemc

Except he has taken responsibility, he said he is the one who should apologize instead of pl , for the trip .
    There is a bloodlust for his job and the thing I detest most is wen things gather a bit of momentum on sm it dies become a pitchforks and shovels mentality akin to bullying , I've seen this many times in the media and it makes me sick that * like this is ok to do .

9. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    The main bloodlust for his job is from Celtic fans, who are quite correct astonished that he’s still here. He himself has used the old ‘i would walk if I felt I couldn’t turn it around’ line, and has just admitted he can’t turn it around, yet remains hanging on stubbornly while having bizarre rants about the media and government.

That rant yesterday was genuinely the kind of media appearance that would’ve made Donald Trump cringe.

10. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

it can't be taken lightly that our main players are leaving
    We literally deferred any sales of our main players for a season, to give him the best possible chance. He was fully backed by the board last summer.

our main players are leaving and will play at 50% avoiding injury
    Nonsense to even suggest that. Big Ajer sure looks like he’s going into challenges half hearted

our fans are a big part of wot drives us on
    Absolutely hate this excuse. Missing our 12th man eh

add to that the fact everyone wants to see a change and new winners in spl after 4 domestic clean sweeps
    Ra Masons?

maybe if nl had the full control needed then things may have been better or worse who knows
    What has he not not had control over? He took the job and didn’t ask to bring in his own staff. Signings? he said he’d wanted Ajeti for a long time.

He’s complicit is this * shambles. The attempts to suggest otherwise on here are mental

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    Valhalla and Hammy89 like this.
  11. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

“I’m not apologising for going out there and training for a week. I'm not apologising for the players having a day off.”

Neil Lennon 18/01/2021

Peej likes this.
  12. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    This is where the apparent threat from the SG has came from....that's from Paul the Tim's Twitter.

20210119_092643.jpg

The67Sound likes this.
  13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I've given him a fair crack at it.. But you can't defend the indefensible. And it's sad to watch him struggle so much and take so much personal abuse from our own fans...

Some fans need to take a hard look at themselves for the abuse, we all want change but a lot of it is well over the top. However, the anger is understandable, someone with Celtics best interests at heart would have walked away by now and that part is unforgiveable.

The reason the players aren't performing is down to him, can you imagine what it must be like going from Rodgers to Lennon for them. Alarms bells were ringing as soon as Lennon said he was in awe of the changes they were made under Rodgers.

joemc, Hammy89 and Marie like this.
  14. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    The attack dogs are out in force this morning for Neil,

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

15. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Woof

16. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    Blaming everyone else and not taking responsibility is something we have mocked the huns for, for years.

Sgt Neppers* and Hammy89 like this.
  17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Sturgeon isn't Piers Morgan on Good Morning Britain though. She shouldn't be commenting on topical news items that come up on the front and back pages.

If she thinks the trip wasn't necessary or the itenary provided by us has changed then there's official channels to go through to seek clarification and reprimand if it comes to light we had done something wrong.

I would think the First Minister of Scotland has more important things to focus on at this point than what Lennon may or may not have said in a football interview.

18. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

It sounds like you're willing to make any excuse to absolve Neil Lennon of blame.

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

This.

Not quite sure what she said that was so scathing.

20. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

I don't have a problem with the SG comments either. They were asked about it during various press conferences after the press latched onto the Dubai story and answered with their opinion. An opinion that happens to be shared by many of our own fans.

Deflection and passing the blame are hun tactics and they've correctly been mocked for using them in the past.

ede and Tim-Time 1888 like this.