1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    I know many of you are sceptical of many bloggers and indy journalists ( NOT phil the liar) but something stuck out and reminded me of what john james said last year regarding lennon's appointment at the time...basically high risk due to what was at stake due to his lack of tactical awareness. but also of someone with an extremely fragile mindset, if things go well, they go brilliant. If they don't , he falls apart emotionally and everything unravels. He has a fragile mental state. He needs to be put out of his misery, he actually said some genuinely valid things today, but his delivery of message is back to the snarling and immature neil lennon of 2011-12. Rodgers or any experienced or higher calibre manager with common sense would have resisted the temptation to put more fuel on the fire by by answering carrot dangling questions like that.

What a way to end his career at Celtic...only the way Neil Lennon could of.

2. The67Sound

Not enjoying the armchair psychology tbh, reading the transcript he is straightforward, coherent and weighs his words.

MagicBallBhoy, joemc and Sydneysider like this.
  3. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Not long in and catching up on the latest *.

Last week my feelings towards him was anger and wanting him to be sacked or to resign......today I am worried for him and want him removed for his own health and sanity.

We have become toxic as a club.

4. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Jesus Christ. I agree with some of what he says actually. But ffs Neil, made us look stupid again, embarrassing.

Artorias likes this.
  5. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Bollocks to that: although the second wage had begun, the nation wasn’t under a full-scale lockdown at that point, a freakishly more infectious new strain hasn’t appeared, and the national team didn’t fly halfway across the world when international travel was otherwise banned.

6. joemc

Having listened intently to the interview I strongly feel he has put his case and points forward extremely well , I didnt realise the government stepped in to deal with the matter ,probably from extreme outside pressure, no prizes for guessing .
    I stated at the time the pics wer sent of the poolside that there was a total overreaction , I still feel that , however after the 13 players had to self isolate , not knowing the full facts of where that came from and the change in protocols mentioned , I said the club had been unprofessional to put us in a position of having to win our next 2 games with young players not ready , I now feel the club have been treated very harshly having listened to his points and I totally agree with him on that point .
    So I do feel now the club were following proper guidelines but couldn't forsee the rule change or the government forcing self isolation from a player getting covid .

7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Transcript? Try watching it.

Bobo_ and The Dude like this.
  8. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

You better believe it :giggle1:

:52:

9. joemc

I felt he came over very well and also felt he should been the 1 to apologize instead of pl , he also feels justified to use examples of wer the rules for some and the rules for us differ greatly and he is 100%correct to point that out , whether u or anyone else feels they wer wrong to go is another matter , he felt it woulda been or had a positive effect on the team for the 2nd half of the season , no one can deny the last season one didn't.

The67Sound likes this.
  10. Dubliner1

You tell them joe.

11. The Dude

What?

12. SteveyNico67

Now I back NL.

The67Sound, Mystic Penguin and joemc like this.
  13. joemc

Pretty simple to get wot I'm saying , bit of a witch hunt here and differing rules being applied, whether you agree or not is entirely up to your good self ,I feel he made very valid points .

TheWolf and MagicBallBhoy like this.
  14. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

I am not debating the fact this is a law mate I just think it’s mental that he is pointing this out when it’s the least of our issues just now.

Footballers been spotted anywhere is always going to draw attention never mind the extra attention flying across the world during a global pandemic after just getting beat by your rivals and lying on sun loungers drinking pints brings.

15. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Not as if we’d miss much, honestly the amount of quality shown in that game on Saturday reminded me of the game you’re mates playing in the last 320 of the * second tier Sunday pub cup v Lion s head Milan and a few of yous go along to watch it, it’s a 3pm kickoff and you and your mates are in the boozer by 330pm

16. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

i was suspicous of the wee clips and no full video footage of the interview, the clips were released like this to gain maximum attention, clicks and hits, therefore money somewhere along the line

just about all the public, 99% of celtic supporters as well think that going to dubai was wrong especially after losing the sevco game we definately shouldnt have gone but it wasnt against the law it was sanctioned and if the government was going to lockdown they should have called celtic and said your not allowed to go

reading the whole transcript he has very valid points, did the scottish government after the new lockdown change all the rules around social distancing ?

is that a new thing only 3 players to a coach that holds 60 people

what is the rules around players off the pitch should each player have to actually be in a 1 meter inflated oxygen bubble at all times eliminating the possibility of them coming into contact with another person everywhere apart from on the park

joemc likes this.
  17. joemc

in answer to
    Your bolded point , he stated something about the seating arrangement for players having to isolate as regards the other clubs guidelines and protocols not being in same manner .

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  18. The Dude

Everyone who has the virus, or who has been in close contact with someone who has the virus has to self-isolate. That has been the case all along. How do you think the government has acted differently in this instance?

19. celtic warrior

His little tantrum makes one thing very stark.

No one at the club is on the same page, let alone reading the from the same book.

It sums up the utter * and shambles this * tinpot operation is.

SuperZidane and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  20. The Dude

I think that he was talking about social distancing, rather than self-isolation. The government may well have changed the guidance there.

joemc likes this.