1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v Livingston, Scottish Premiership, Sat 16th Jan 2021, KO 15:00. Celtic TV/Pass to Paradise.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Jan 13, 2021.

Discuss Celtic v Livingston, Scottish Premiership, Sat 16th Jan 2021, KO 15:00. Celtic TV/Pass to Paradise. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I think even at full strength teams think they could get 3 points. We are seeing teams press us in every game.

Forestbhoy66 and Peej like this.
  2. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Don't see why everyone's moaning? We've closed the gap by a point.

Now it's over to *checks notes* bottom of the table Motherwell.... oh ffs

Forestbhoy66 likes this.
  3. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Livi players sitting in the dressing room after the game with their heads down.

Yes Livi players unhappy they got a point at Parkhead, how our standards and reputation has fallen this season.

Dan Breen likes this.
  4. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Got tbh mate guy says It’s still a strong Celtic team, doesn’t matter how strong they look individually, most of them haven’t played with each other, a makeshift team of youngsters and a few first team players and squad players flung together, any team in the world who loses 13 mostly first team players is going to struggle like *, a personally thought we would lose both matches, had we not been daft enough to go to Dubai all ifs n buts but think we would have won both games fairly comfortably

5. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The longer this * show is allowed to roll on, the longer it will take to repair the damage. DD has got to act now and start the clear out.

James Mc likes this.
  6. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Another one to add to the list of managers that have tactically outdone Neil Lennon, I assume ?

7. Dip 'n' Swerve

bitton, duffy, laxalt, mc gregor, soro, turnbull, rogic, Frimpong, mikey j - they all train together and 5/6 of those start most games this season. taylor is left on the bench for the 2x game, if I was taylor I would be * esp the way laxalt played in them 2 x games.

Not one player stepped up to show leadership, quality or that bit of difference we needed.

Young players are trapped by social media, agents, fashion and run about believing their own hype - socks over the knees balls... I felt for welsh and Robertson, we all want to see what luca Connell can offer. this team has so much deadwood who go through the motions and expect 2/3 players to make a difference in the game. once players are questioning their role you can tell the training and coaching is a failure, they players body language shows no excitement. the team needs a new coach to get the players on their toes, fight for their jobs, and impress in training.

Bayo scoring goals, Hendry playing well in Belgium - it makes you wonder if soro never came into the team and was let go on jan how many would be calling soro a fud! new player, young players need time and guidance.

fergal harkin is incoming - he has a good football cv for tech director.. good links in Europe and states, plus links to city (Roberts, boyata, denayer, Frimpong , ntcham, served well to certain degrees - with covid short term deals prob seem the way the market is going at present )

New coaching and manager - eddie howe could bring fresh ideas, what I like he is on the pitch with the cones and balls doing the basics, players like that. I think the club could offer scott brown a part in his team I think brown has started is badges.

desmond's son for lawwell.

rangers will draw one or two more games over the next 10, esp with European games coming up, bad weather etc.. but we have * it up too many draws and bull * performances. the 4 x points dropped this week, 2 against Aberdeen. if lennon was a celtic man he would know his time is up and leave with dignity rather than a politician and leave kicking, screaming and deluded. what would annoy me is he is still trying to coach the team from his house - show confidence in Strachan and say 'your turn to step up and do what you think' rather than * airpods and phonecalls and zoom sessions in the changing room - J for joke.

hibs v rangers - 27/1/2021 could be a banana skin for them..
    Livingston v rangers - 28/2/2021 - weekend after Antwerp game ( if the first leg isn't a convincing rangers win )

win every game for the rest of the season, not for the league title but you own the fans!

I find it amazing how fans say 'ack sure rangers will fall they always do in jan'??!! why can our fans not look at ourselves and ask why in December time are we in second place for the last number of seasons, we should be starting the season and leading from the front rather than trying to stalk first place. Concentrate on our own team, figure out our weak spots and build them stronger, we have been on this slippery slope ever since Rodgers final season.

8. Dip 'n' Swerve

he had his chance at the start of the season, if DD was a celtic fan he would have said go get 3-5 quality top drawer signings on one year deals or loan deals to blast the league away - a unique one of deal between DD and the club to seal the magic 10. yes not a good business model, but after the 10 could have begun a rebuilding process etc and lennon left happy etc.

for me, the 10 was always a pain in the balls, a massive distraction from doing the bread and butter on the training ground, do the basics well and the league title would be no problem. every game should be approached like a cup final, players covering every balde of grass, contesting for balls, showing passion and fighting for a starting place in the team.

this current team fail in so many ways in the last 1/3 of the pitch - no creativity, no back up plan, no pre worked on ideas from corners or attacking free kicks, we lack a natural playmaker who can play between the lines. terrible final balls, no effective crosses. rangers 2 x full backs setup most of their goals, ours contribute zilch. strikers feeding on scraps.