1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

CELTIC TRAINING CAMP IN DUBAI

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Nov 30, 2020.

Discuss CELTIC TRAINING CAMP IN DUBAI in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

* shambles!

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Good luck lads

NomDePlum likes this.
  3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Not sure the situation in Russia, not that it matters.
    Idiots to be travelling across the world when not needed.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

4. Onefootwonder

5. stew37

This season honestly feels like some kind of social experiment to see how folk deal with the ridiculousness of it all.

Taz likes this.
  6. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Ffs. Even folk as far away as Russia are ripping the * out of us :56:

7. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Today I put aftershave on my “pouch”, drank a bottle of Tabasco sauce, smeared madras gravy over my body, wrapped myself in cling film and stood at the roundabout at Robroyston singing I should be so lucky........ just to take my mind off things

8. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Hahaha you have to laugh.

... Also, how thick do you have to be when we've literally shown how this ends?

Peej likes this.
  9. Onefootwonder

Nobody else is as worried as we are.

What happens when the Champions League starts again? Never will one player have so many close contacts.

10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    In hindsight I'm sure you realise this might have been a mistake.
    But don't worry I am also sure for all your life someone has advised you not to down a bottle of tabasco sauce, smear gravy over yourself and I'm pretty sure someone will have advised not to fully cover your body in cling film.
    So you can always blame them for your mistake, in hindsight.

blackfish likes this.
  11. Gundog Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing

Says he apologises to the support twice but i never heard the word sorry once. That is not a sorry person, that is a person saying what he thinks needs to be heard for the benefit of the shareholder.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

12. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Ahhhh so that's why Lennon wanted out of Europe. Smart.

13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Atleast folk can't say "what other teams have went on the dubai jolly" anymore haha

14. Batigol

Only just watched the Lawwell interview for the first time there. He looks done.

But despite that, and seemingly going against the grain here, the club needs some defending.

The potential positives of the trip were clear also. 2 years in a row did the Dubai trip show a positive impact. Last year especially so, and arguably was the major turning point in the season.

The trip was approved by SPL/SFA, and Scottish Government. The trip had been announced for ages now, and there was no condemnation from anywhere at all, other than hibs, who purely objected on the basis of the fixture change. Indeed, it seemed to be widely accepted.

Since the Julien positive test, and the subsequent required player isolation however, everyone in the media and even the govt are keen to put the boot in. If they felt so strongly about the trip, where were they 2 months ago when the trip was announced?

Rather, both the media and the govt are making use of it for their own benefit. The media no surprise, but then you get propaganda pish, like Jason Leitch suggesting Dubai has twice the rate of Scotland He picked an inflated single day where for the entire UAE that was true, which even then relative to population was near identical to Scotland. Take an average of the few days even immediately prior to the trip and the numbers are massively different. If you want to do it overall like Leitch suggested, then it'd be UAE vs UK, where the UAE rate would actually be 0.2 of the UK number. And if you wanted to bend the numbers like he actually did, then you could do similar comparing Dubai rates to UK, which would put the numbers closer to 5% of the UK rate. I wonder why that wasn't mentioned.

But yeah the whole thing eventually ended up a shitshow. But I just hope people are aware that things are being deliberately twisted against the club to suit others agendas.

15. noel boland

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Defend the club, So Batigol my thoughts were prior to this trip, would it not make sense to for the club, as there was no official winter break, cancel trip play one of the games we have in hand with our near full strength squad that week while we have momentum form a decent performance in Ibrox, win that fixture and carry that into the game v hibs and win that ??? and this is not hindsight this is what i believe we should of done prior to the huns game.

Peej likes this.
  16. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Your too sensible. Our players have dubai in the contracts. Now the 14 isolating will be unfit as * like they are after 2 weeks off befoe preseason. What a state. I do get why they went, however the gamble failed.

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Alright Peter, any truth in the Desmond and his son reshuffle rumours?

18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Judging by Lennon deeming so many players not match fit this season, I expect 13 players not to feature till April at this rate.

19. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Sounds like a good party m8

20. Onefootwonder

I know everyone is * off with our bad season, but even our own support are being influenced by the media. You are correct that hardly anyone cared prior to going.

Dubai has done far better than the UK with Coronavirus. It's not the dangerous * hole we are now being told it is. Look at the death rates compared to the UK.

One positive case shouldn't make sixteen close contacts. I still want an explanation from the club how this is correct. We aren't being punished for breaking Coronavirus rules, this is normal close contacts.

The club have said all protocols were followed for travel. How exactly did we end up with so many close contacts when other clubs often end up with the positive player only?

In the U-21s scenario managers spoke out and said if protocols were followed that there shouldn't have been close contacts. How did we follow protocols, but end up with a result so bad? Things just don't add up.

We must be facing more positive tests this week with so many close contacts.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021