1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v Livingston, Scottish Premiership, Sat 16th Jan 2021, KO 15:00. Celtic TV/Pass to Paradise.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Jan 13, 2021.

Discuss Celtic v Livingston, Scottish Premiership, Sat 16th Jan 2021, KO 15:00. Celtic TV/Pass to Paradise. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

If you mean inflate the baws before kick off then aye, I agree.

TheWolf likes this.
  2. ArturBorucCSC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    With two of those losses being inflicted by us. To be honest, I was on that bus too until the Hibs game, because I still think we're well capable of going on a run. We were promising it before the huns game (a game we should have won too). They're always capable of crumbling, but sadly we've simply left it too late.

The Phoenix likes this.
  3. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Really can't see anything but a convincing Livingston win and then again during the midweek.

Peej likes this.
  4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    We have never been capable of a run this season, the huns and hibs game just goes to prove it, even when people had the last glimmer of hope for a run - we still shoot ourselves in the foot and the managers inabilities shine through.

This weekends game is gonna see us get beat, midweek against them with players (maybe) back? Maybe we get the draw.

5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Livi manager just been awarded December manager of the month award...dont worry lads that run we are going on is just around the corner.

6. Dip 'n' Swerve

Bad player recruitment, bad signings, coupled with the timing of the bolingoli carry on along with that killie draw and the manger throwing player under the bus after the ferencvaros game - things looked ominous from then.

We are a team with no solid spine - a goalkeeper, 2 solid defenders, box to box midfielder, and a striker on form.

We are a team who are small, weak and can be bossed around - years ago we had stubbs, balde, petrov, lambert, burnley, mjallby, Sutton, hartson players up for a fight and could help boss games - Christie, rogic, ntcham, Frimpong, laxalt, taylor, mc gregor, moi, eddie etc no disrespect but they aren't exactly gonna win 50/50s / breaking balls etc..

They will be lucky to lose one game and draw two for the rest of the season, they will strengthen in Jan to make sure they get the title, and prob sell a few in the summer and bank on qualifying for the CL groups.

I give Rodgers credit, he stood up to the board and went ' * yous then I'm off', he didn't say to much about what happened he saved the club some face, lennon seems to be the whipping boy and the board says jump, he says 'how high sir'.

A strong manager and coach is required to give these players confidence and belief next season.

Imagine having a manager who is coming out and calling his own players overweight and out of shape, that must be good for player morale and confidence!!

MagicBallBhoy, jude 67 and Wee Baldy like this.
  7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Specially when he is far from being a guy to lead by example in that department.

Mangers these days need to be so much more than just shouting "your * be better" and hoping the players are scared in to playing good.

8. Dip 'n' Swerve

I would rather have a manager who keeps in in-house, says to the player ' I need you as a key player firing on all cylinders, ill work with you to get you top shape and come in an extra hour before training to work alongside you' that is how you get players to run through brick walls for you.

Also, that * about team news a day before a game, Biesla gave his team at the start of the week!! Gerrard and the blue side of the city, here is my team on a Monday morning, bring it on, plan what you want as my players are prepared, ready and I believe they will deliver. Instead of finding a mole in the camp - * me it is like playground balls.

MagicBallBhoy and Peej like this.
  9. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Great post m8

10. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry

Apparent wages from last season

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3-0

celtic#1 likes this.
  12. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    This is where our 2021/22 season starts

:ynwacelti

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. Dip 'n' Swerve

inflate them like Tom Brady lol

15. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I certainly hope none of the players have that attitude and if any do I hope they are sold when the new ( I assume it will happen) management team does come in. As for myself I do care about the game. We need a clear out in the boardroom as well as in the dugout but for me once the whistle blows Saturday I will support the team for the full 90 minutes.

packybhoy likes this.
  16. TheHappyLoss

Hoping my wifi conks out :(

17. Dip 'n' Swerve

leo hjelde ? any ideas what he is like
    I would like to see Connell he came with a lot of positive build up.
    I take it Afolabi cannot be recalled to the team anytime soon?

18. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I can guarantee the malaise around this whole season that's grown and grown as the weeks go by will affect the players motivation - let alone the huge gap they've got to close on the scum with a management team clearly incapable of getting them firing.

As for me, I've given up with the season while Lennon is in a job and Lawwell is the board are sticking two fingers up at the fans. It's a sad day when I'd rather not try catch a stream for this in the hope of a happier Saturday afternoon...

19. StevieBhoooy!

:34:
    Is it not 9 wins in a row or something for him?

That's more than players upping their game for the ‘new man’...

Probably told them all he’d have them all ‘malky’d’ if they drop any points. :34:

Peej likes this.
  20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    O there is no doubt that the players will all be effected by the * show this season has been to a greater or lesser extent. They are only human. But there is a difference between that and not caring about this or any other game. That is not acceptable and I certainly hope it is not the case with any of our players.

As for the gap in the table that is gone IMHO at this point. In terms of this season at this point the only thing left to salvage is the Cup. If we were able to win that we would create some history by becoming the first team to win it 5 years in a row which would be quite something. But to do that we need to start finding form and some kind of rhythm in the games in the league.

JML67 likes this.