1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

Rather than spend 2 million on a dud player... offer that 2 million as a “bonus” to any manager who can guide us to the challenge that is the SPL * title.

The_Bhoy and Peej like this.
  2. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

Yes, someone along those lines

Peej and FranceCelt like this.
  3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'd love it, but being realistic, we wont ever actually hire someone like him.

I want someone who has some proven success at winning something at comparable levels, but more importantly KNOWS what modern players require in terms of footballing education, lifestyle and development.
    Anyone with a semi decent record at enforcing a competent style should be able to win the league with Celtic. It doesn't take a rocket scientist or Pep/Jorgen to figure out basic formations, a football philosophy and sensible instructions.

4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    100%

And fair enough some people will claim Deila may not have been experienced enough, but then we should equally look to a sensible long term DoF appointment.

DoF+ a team of modern coaches with proven experience and we could happily sign up guys like the two mentioned above, or Deila, or whoever for a 2 year stint.
    Basically taking the player model of buying young/high potential and getting two years out of them before they move on. Theory being the DoF never changes and within reason neither should the backroom staff aside from the manager, his assistant and perhaps one or two key coaches to be ADDED to our own pool.

Backroom staff should be tied to the club, to prevent what happened with Rodgers leaving, but we shouldn't be so fixed that the manager isn't able to bring in his own assistant and/or one or two key staff if needed.
    Places like Bayern operate this way, as do Barcelona and the likes of Ajax etc.

5. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    I would generally agree with this hipster bolloxolgy but the 10 is gone the spine of the team will be gone we have a complete rebuild on our hands and we need someone with new ideas to utilise the stockpiling of prospects at the club.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

6. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    It's gonna be Roy Keane and I think it's gonna happen soon

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

7. jambo_cfc

Would be asking martinez if he fancys it with maloney as his assistant ! Allow him to do the euros with belgium then to us ! Him and maloney would maybe know a few gems from the under 21s ! Genuinely think he would jump at the chance as would maloney !

think this will be a dermot appointment so it will be something pulled out the bag if its a dermot appointment i think martinez , howe or moyes (credibility is rising again with west ham although i wouldnt be too much excited for him i think directors will think this is a massive appointment ) !

The67Sound likes this.
  8. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Clearly they're not worried about season ticket sales if true.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  9. murphy88

Based on the realistic names we are being linked with, Eddie Howe is probably the best option. I was against bringing him in when he originally started to get linked with the job, but the more I think about it, I think we could do a lot worse. It ended badly at Bournemouth and his time was definitely up when he did decide to go, however his achievement in getting them to the EPL in the first place should not be overlooked. He got them playing some pretty decent stuff at times in their stint in the league as well from what I can remember. I was actually surprised he stayed at Bournemouth as long because I thought he might have got a crack with a bigger club, whether he was offered and turned one down I'm not sure. We just badly need a new face with fresh ideas, and if it it Eddie Howe, I wouldn't be disappointed.

10. Wullywanbaw

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Zombie nation
    Would love Ralf Rangnick! He did amazing things at both the red bull clubs. Has a footballing identity, high press attacking soon as the balls lost. Good record for developing youth and scouting young talent which he turned profit, mane to liverpool.
    Hes free as well I think.

The67Sound and Peej like this.
  11. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    What makes you say that?

12. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I wouldn't be surprised but I'd be deeply disappointed.

Peej likes this.
  13. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    He came out just recently and was saying he was wanting back into management. I think Dermott Desmond was desperate to have him in as gaffer in the past too.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  14. dmccourt95

Would want to restructure the entire club (for the better) so lawell won’t be having that

15. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    What’s souness doing these days.......:fear:

The67Sound likes this.
  16. SuperZidane

Indeed - would be a fantastic appointment but wouldn't last until Christmas if he had to work with Lawwell.

17. jambo_cfc

thought he was a cert for the everton job at one point , rodgers time at swansea was similar to howes at bournmouth except rodgers left swansea at right time when his stock was high !! Think howe showed too much loyalty to bournmouth and it came back to haunt him!

18. jambo_cfc

He was my first option in november to come in but believe germany expect lowe to step down after the euros and rangnick is his successor if rumours are correct

19. Mr. Slippyfist

Would be as well waiting for Guardiola mate.

Never gonna happen...

20. Wullywanbaw

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Zombie nation
    Lawell may not be here in the summer, it will need to be a name like this to get season books sold. In my opinion, hes a better coach of players than Rodgers. The German effect.