1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Spot on with this mate.

He was such a likeable guy and I wish it worked out for him here. I know some players like Mulgrew, Commons etc didn’t agree with his methods such as diet etc but at least he had standards and wanted players to be model professionals. People can say what they want about Ronny but he is levels above Lennon and co.

Said it before but I would love to him back here in some capacity in the future like a scout for example. He could certainly spot a young player (Tierney, Armstrong, Roberts, Denayer etc). Of course he had some poor signings but barely any of us had heard of Tierney yet he seen something in him and gave him his chance.

2. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    Will be forever known as the man who * 10 in a row.

Cant believe he has the hard neck to still be taking a wage off the club.

Get to *

3. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    He was a slimey snake who was unemployed and used Celtic as a stepping stone to get back to the epl were he always wanted to be which is actually fine but along the way saying he was in his dream job- managing the club he supported as a bhoy, * was as much a Celtic fan as fly in the air, all his humble stories about helping old woman and Danny mcgrain, * thought he was some kind of MLK, ghandi like martyr, as soon as Leicester came calling he dropped us like a ton of * and was down to Leicester faster than usuain bolt, guy was a good coach and got best out of players and invincible season was brilliant but spare me the bullshit he was driven out by lawell, he was driven out by his own massive ego

kramer1 and Gabriel like this.
  4. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

He turned down Swansea, a then premier league side, to take the Celtic job.

littlekennie likes this.
  5. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Yeah mate he knew managing a Celtic side and winning trophies would look better on his CV than managing a Swansea side who’s sole ambition was to finish 16th or 17th in the epl and avoid relegation- guy wasn’t daft- totally looking after one while making out he was brother walfrid the 2nd , thought the guy was a * head and certainly don’t feel guilty about calling him a snake, total agree with the guys thought big delia was a lovely guy , Rodgers no thanks totally false as his fake tan and teeth in my opinion

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  6. KEANO1

How bothered do you think he was last night? I think he would have been more than happy to sit back and pin it on strachan. Not once did I see him on the phone etc giving tactical decisions isn’t that what a manager should do ?

7. The67Sound

This is bang on! I hadn't thought of it before but that tory * does indeed seem to think he is a director of football. When in fact he is a * spreadsheet jockey at best.

littlekennie likes this.
  8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Yeah I get that, think it even happens with Rodgers at times as well. We all know he was in a huff and fighting with Lawwell behind the scenes, but this seems not to be used to overlook how mundane it had become to watch us.

I will stand by a theory on Deila though, he very much is in the same mold as Rodgers and I think the issues were 1. his inexperience allowed guys like Commons to try and go against his modern approach, and 2. Collins was a bad egg, previous falling outs with Brown at Hibs and Collins for me was the one who went OTT with the fitness, more so than just trying to be more health orientated.
    Collins was drill sergeant like in how he approaches fitness and weight.

To bring it back on topic a little, Lennon is too much like their pal, allowing them to get away with being a bit lazy, go through the motion in training and content on having everyone like him and go for a pint.

9. James Gold Member Gold Member

Aye I agree Ronny had the write ideas but he just didn't have the presence to make our older players buy in to it we've already heard Mulgrew slate it and Commons is the obvious one don't think it is any surprise thought that the younger players bought in to it and it has served them well guys like Tierney, Mcgregor and Armstrong. Aye any manager who comes in should not have there staff forced upon them it's not right

Peej likes this.
  10. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    One of Ronny’s biggest mistakes was not having the bottle to get rid of Commons, Stokes and Mulgrew at some point during his tenure.

Well known that those three were the senior players who were the biggest obstacles to change. Personality-wise, I think we all know the three of them were above their station.

No wonder Rodgers’ first act was to get rid of the three of them within his first 2 months.

littlekennie and Peej like this.
  11. Mr. Slippyfist

I'm actually wondering.

Apart from clearly Lawwell and Desmond, is there actually anyone who is of the Celtic-persuasion who ACTUALLY wants Lennon to carry on as manager?

Like ANYCUNT???????

Surely to * he must know that he is the most unpopular manager that has ever been at this point? I don't actually recall being so desperate to see a Celtic manager chased out of the door...

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

:fear:

Peej likes this.
  13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Oh there will be one or two that will creep out once a day or so more passes.
    The forever blindfaith and the "you cant say that about Neil Francis Lennon, club legend" brigade.

Lennon has 100% ruined his reputation and loyalty with the vast majority of our support. How some will still feel for him and back him in any way is beyond me.
    He's * this season, there is no point to defending him now.

14. Mr. Slippyfist

15. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    He'd already managed Swansea City..........

16. northeast67

Surely bits a matter of time till he's asked to leave, to sign players and make judgment on whos staying we need a trusted set up, Hurry the fek up you incompetent wage stealers of a board

17. CountyDownFaithful

Against all logic, I still can’t see him being sacked.

I actually think he will be here next season. I know it’s painful to even consider but he won’t walk and Lawwell won’t sack him.

18. SuperZidane

Absolutely - I agree with those who say that Ronny was one of those guys (like Brian Kidd) who would make an excellent coach but not a manger.

He always acted with dignity and took responsibility for his own mistakes - even left in a classy manner.

In terms of pride - he's a cut above Lennon. Lennon never accepts responsibility for his mistakes and is only too eager to throw the players under a bus.

He talks absolute BS about matches and has frankly been an embarrassment at times this season.

Ronny acted like more of a 'Celtic Man' than Lennon who IMO has been anything but.

I cling to the hope that Lennon will not be near our club next season - as for a new manager, I don't give a **** if they are a "Celtic man".

Here's a curve ball - why not hire the best man for the job that we can realistically afford?

Peej and JamesM09 like this.
  19. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    I would rather have a coach like Rodgers or Murinho with overinflated egos as long as they brought success to the club, which he did. Celtic are in one of the most embarrassing league setups in europe. He gave mostly unprecedented success, there was more to life than Hamilton away and if he's offered a job in the best league in the world he would of been stupid not to take it. It's ambition...something he had maybe too much of wrongly or rightly, but he at least instilled that mentality into his players as well, rather than the lard * beer drinking of today. I still think it was the Mcginn fuckup that was the cause of all this. Everyone and his dog knew he'd move on swiftly despite what he said about the club, he'd come from managing in the world's richest league to the SPL. he was a coach way to over qualified for this league and the fact he was an excellent coach that actually CHALLENGED THE BOARD meant his days were always numbered. Deila and Lennon were always too easy to manipulate.

20. oh bhoy

why the * is this useless * still here,every day hes here is a slap in the face

Crilly, NakamuraTastic and theweeman like this.