1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

How far do you reckon the clear out needs to go?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Celticbhoy97, Jan 11, 2021.

Discuss How far do you reckon the clear out needs to go? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celtic warrior

Everyone, rehire those who've lost jobs, then sack them make them redundant for good measure.

* to the last every single one of them

2. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I'd keep McGrain, Woods, McManus and O'Dea from the coaching side. I'd bump Brown into a coaching role at a lower level too. Everyone else can get tae.

Jullien, Griffiths, Soro, Turnbull, Frimpong, McGregor, Forrest, Henderson and Welsh are literally the only players I'd keep. I'm not even saying that some of them are good enough, it's just you can't sell your entire squad. Some of them are worth more to us than what they would fetch on the market. Others like Edouard are already leaving no matter what. Some of them I'm happy to see the back of.

Soro and Turnbull are definitely who we should be building around. We should be doing it ASAP starting with a new manager.

I'd shoot Lawwell and the board.

Realistically from the playing squad, we're losing Christie, Ajer, Ntcham and Edouard before September. Some may even leave this month. I'm not saying those are the only ones either. Those are just the highest profile ones that will give us some cash to spend (or not depending on the board).

3. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

It's an opportunity to completely rethink our model now that the pressure of 10 is gone. The Ajax and Salzburg models are the way forward for us, allowing us to remain somewhat competitive in Europe while developing assets of value and staying profitable.

It's been obvious for a while that the youth setup isn't working with next to no players breaking through and the most promising disappearing to the likes of Bayern at the first phone call.

The old boys club mentality needs ditched. No more hires on the basis of people being "Celtic men".

Scouting network needs a total overhaul. I'm not sure it even exists at the moment. Pretty sure Dudu Dahan is our chief scout.

Avoid loans at all costs unless there's an option to buy or if it's filling a hole that can't be filled through a permanent transfer.

Finally a bit of ambition shown in the managerial appointment. Brendan was a big investment but it paid off. We've gone cheap this time and it's been a disaster. We need someone who knows modern football, who will give younger players a chance when they deserve it.

Of course, none of this will happen and Lawwell and his cronies will continue to suck the life out of the club.

4. Lewis Kerr

We even warned these * and they still * it up.

EPnRCyZWoAAT0xa-702x459.jpeg

Sickened.

5. Bonobhoy

Soro and turnbull are the last ones with any respect i have left,they both try every game and cant fault them.

Everyone else associated with Celtic can * off now.

The rebuilding should begin tomorrow.

First out Door,Lawell,Desmond,Lennon,Kennedy,Duffy,Edd and Ntcham.

6. wulliebad

With the loan deals and players wanting to leave i don't think a clear our will be needed,About 7 players will * off regardless.
    I would keep our keepers,jullien,oh my days,calmac,bitton,turnbull,soro,mikey,forrest,griff,ajeti,klimala. I think everyone else will return to their clubs or be screaming to be sold.

Rydo1888*, Hammy89 and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  7. ArturBorucCSC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Obviously a new manager and coaching staff are needed. Squad wise, I think we need to be looking at:

New keeper/Whoever as back up

New RB/Frimpong
    Jullien/new CB/Bitton
    New CB/Welsh
    New LB/Taylor

Soro/New CM
    McGregor/Connell

Forrest/Whoever
    Turnbull/Whoever
    New LW/MJ

Griffiths/Ajeti/Afolabi (although a new striker is probably needed too)

That's actually * all of our current squad, and 7-10 new signings. Can't see us clearing out (or signing) that many players. It's just rare to see that.

The67Sound likes this.
  8. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    It’s very difficult to say, because I believe a few players that I would keep will want to leave anyway.

Who should go:
    Barkas
    Duffy
    Brown
    Ntcham
    Ely
    Rogic

Who is likely to/may also go:
    Edouard
    McGregor
    Ajer
    Frimpong
    Laxalt
    Christie

More importantly, we need an entire change in strategy behind the scenes. We do too many things too poorly and the only reason why it hasn’t caught up with us before now (domestically at least) is the lack of completion.

9. stew37

Dead certs to go are Eddy and Ntcham, and probably Ajer. The rest depends on who comes in for Lennon, just wish to * he'd * leave or be sacked so we could actually start planning. Sick of saying the same thing over again, there's no reason for him to be here anymore.

The longer he stays the worse it's getting.

Peter Lawell can be replaced. Folk saying Dermot Desmond can get to *, that's all well and good, but need someone else who wants to take his place.

10. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

The part in bold regarding Brown, I think he is also part of the problem at the club.

He is Lennon’s blue eyed bhoy and I would let him go also.

The other staff like you have said I would keep and the players too.
    I posted around three weeks ago about building a team around Soro and Turnbull as well.

we get a strong Keeper centre half both Soro and Turnbull and a focal point up top we will have a strong spine.

I think we need a massive clear out and give a new manager a couple of seasons to implement his side and get back to dominating the league.

Hammy89 likes this.
  11. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I agree with the rest of you post apart from what you've said about Brown.

I can't fault Brown off the pitch. Who knows if he was the one to ask Lennon to try something else as time has clearly caught up with him.

He's turning up at unders matches to support our youngsters. Every player at the club have said he's the heartbeat of Celtic. I have no doubt he could be the next McGrain for us. We owe him the opportunity to coach here after all he has done for Celtic.

I do not have any blame for Brown this season. His performances have been poor but he doesn't pick the team. Mentally he'd want to go out and prove the doubters wrong but his body is now on the decline and he gets breezed by now. It's our fault for not managing this eventuality. It's just another case of gross mismanagement on our part as a club.

12. bhoy81

I think I’m just basing my own opinion of him due to this season being continually picked and then the Dubai pictures to be fair.

If he does do all that stuff you have mentioned then Yeah I can understand why people want him around.

I’m not sure if culling the whole lot maybe better but something drastic has to happen this coming year to get us back on track.

13. ArturBorucCSC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Thinking about this again, and I'm not really convinced we need a 'massive' clearout. We most definitely need to strengthen in some areas (GK and defence primarily), and some players will be leaving for sure - but if we appoint the right manager, don't be surprised to see some players improve massively. It happened under Rodgers after all.

Hammy89 likes this.
  14. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We're losing four high profiled players regardless - Ajer, Christie, Ntcham and Edouard contracts run out in 2022, meaning they'll be sold this summer at the latest.

That's 3 regular starters leaving. Our best striker, our joint best center back and a guy in midfield who pitches in with a lot of goals and assists. The other is probably our strongest midfielder off the bench (ability wise).

There's going to be a massive overhaul this summer. The management has to change and big players are leaving. It'll be a new Celtic next season.

It may worry some with that notion but we cannot have as bad a season as we did this year. I like to say it's impossible but Celtic do like to find a way every weekend to change that opinion of mine...

15. bhoy81

The cull part was talking about the management and board, sorry I should have been more clear with that.

Yeah others who have had their contacts run down to one season left is another mismanagement as well.

I think the important thing is getting the right man in place as manager and give him time. We have no option to do so.

16. bhoy81

I should have been more clear I meant management and board level regarding the clear out or cull.

but we are going to lose high profile players anyway this summer.

ArturBorucCSC likes this.
  17. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I completely understand why they allowed the contracts to run down. They're not signing a new deal, we all know this, but the board thought we'd keep them to push for the ten. That is literally the only right decision they've made this season.

The board aren't going anywhere soon, unfortunately. That's not to say we don't tell them what we think of them and where they should all go.

We need a new manager. And we need him now.

18. bhoy81

To be fair we have dropped the ball in the past with contracts and that’s the only thing I’m basing my opinion again with.

I just don’t get why they would give Lennon so much money to * away and yet haggle on McGinn and co in Rodgers last season.

like you said about the manager we need them now, I just think we will keep Lennon till the summer, then other possible potential targets will get jobs and we will be left with John Kennedy. That’s my fear

Hammy89 likes this.
  19. Dip 'n' Swerve

Lets go a German manager, all the rage these days.

We drew 1-1 and just think with out full team out we would have drew the game also, the mind boggles.
    How many celtic players came home with paul mc queens or those scuba diving looking trainers?

Was rogic on the doners and chips all last week when the bhoys went away to play, played * rank.

The67Sound likes this.
  20. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

We need to make sure we get the groundsmen back off furlough.

Using goats to eat the grass was never a good long term strategy.

Lawell, Lennon and Desmond aka the three wise monkeys, just get to *.
    Kennedy and Strachan, get to *.
    Eddy, Ntcham, Duffy, Biton, Barkas, Ajetti, Moi, Christie, Laxalt, Frimpong, ElHamed, Griff get to fuckity *.

Brown, Ajer, McGregor, Bain, Rogic.....thanks time to ride off too.

So I'm keeping Soro, Turnbull, Forrest, julian, Paddy, ...*!