1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Where did this all start?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Breathnach67, Jan 11, 2021.

Discuss Where did this all start? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celtic warrior

Lawwells daddy squirting his mayo as he smashed mummys pasty.

2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Jackie was physically on his way down to Wolves to sign when the offer came in from Lawwell as well.

A club captain who had been there for years, having to wait til he's on his way to England til they actually make a contract offer....and an insulting one at that. Shameful.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  3. Sgt Neppers*

Very well said.

The Phoenix and Lewis Kerr like this.
  4. celtic warrior

There I was thinking Jackie was used to get Mulgrew back.

Always did think, what the actual * happened there.

5. Mr. Slippyfist

Shameful indeed.

Also the likes of Alan Thompson and Chris Sutton, * out the door without even a farewell.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  6. oh bhoy

pretty sure he just saw out his contract and it makes me smile to this day that, that fat * lawwell was made to honour his contract especially With legendary lines like 'you may be CEO of Celtic but I'm CEO of Bobo balde'

7. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    When we hired an unprofessional manager in the showers at Hampden.

8. Mr. Slippyfist

Did he not say “President of Bobo Balde”?

Either way, * what a guy is oor Bobo!!!

Ak1, littlekennie and The Phoenix like this.
  9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He did but Lawwell did everything in his power to make it an uncomfortable final few years for him, including having to train with the youth team at one point.

Apparently it's okay for Lawwell to skim his millions from the PLC but no-one else :39:

10. oh bhoy

Aye something like that ,the * rocket!

Mr. Slippyfist likes this.
  11. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    When Thatcher announced the poll tax.

Senna s1979 and Rydo1888* like this.
  12. aliceinsound

Alot of these same players were part of the rot under Delia, Brendan turned it around, but I believe him when he says he took us as far as he could, mind we still got absolutely humped in the champions league several times, and a strong opposition could have put real pressure on us in the league under Rodgers, it wasn't all plain sailing

We dominated domestically with who is clearly a top manager, but Lennon is useless, the team weren't THAT good in the first place, we have good players but they are frankly a bit useless without great coaching, some of our defeats in this 9 in a row era in Europe were shocking.

You could say the rot started with our pishy league campaign under Lennon when we got to last 16 in CL. * knows, but I think this rangers could have won a few other league titles in previous seasons this decade past

13. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Under the current regime, yes.

If we were to match his ambition off the field, he could've taken us further.

aliceinsound likes this.
  14. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Are you sure, he actually thinks Congerton knows what the * he’s doing.

littlekennie likes this.
  15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

The board have been at it for long enough, but the moment where this all become a possibility (and an inevitability) was the treble treble.

I’ve said it before but when the news came through that Lennon had been given the job permanently it genuinely just about ruined that celebration for me.

An incredible achievement completely soured by the appointment of a pish manager who was several leagues below Rodgers. I didn’t think we’d be quite this pathetic but I could see us regressing massively, as plenty could.

16. Lewis Kerr

Jesus, I COMPLETELY forgot about the Mulumbu signing. There were plenty of the usual suspects on here claiming he was a better player than McGinn as well, ffs :rofl:

Perfect summary though :notworthy

Ak1 likes this.
  17. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I felt great at full time, just so relieved to get the treble treble over the line, and excited for the future as I assumed we were seeking out candidates in the Rodgers' mould.

When I went on Twitter after the game, I was genuinely devastated. At first I thought it was one of those fake accounts "we are delighted to offer Neil Lennon the manager's job"... then I saw the blue tick and I couldn't believe it.

Felt like somone had punched me right in the stomach and winded me. I just went home in a bad mood.

Sgt Neppers* and oh bhoy like this.
  18. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    The mediocre approach to running what they keep telling us is a "Champions League Club" has always been there, particularly in terms of the footballing structure/approach.

Constantly underprepared for the very competition those in the board laud us to be. The board wants to be a Champions League club but only on their terms of ambition. Be it investment, control of the structure and the likes.

We have managed through some good quality coaching to lift levels in recent years.

This one has been a * show. More negatives than positives and even the positives are tinged with negativity.

A group of players use to being challenged, have vastly underperformed and were publicly accused by a man who has a huge bearing on their underperformance.

A board room of "decision makers" who get reinstated, unchallenged. A bunch of people who would rather brief against their fanbase, than listen to its criticism. And those they do give an audience too, are more interested in what crumbs they can get from the table. And too scared to be a consenting voice or raising a concern, in fear that the crumbs are swept into other mouths.

Accountability, Culture, Ambition. We have none.

19. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    First day of training the * that went down between Griffiths and Lennon or the week of the killie game gave players extra time off and only just got back from a 4 month lay off went on to draw the killie game and looked woeful no been the same since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Phoenix likes this.
  20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    A lot of players have left with a dislike for lawell and his underhand tactics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seán Mac D likes this.