1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Will You Renew

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Stevie6767, Jan 11, 2021.

Discuss Will You Renew in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

Absolutely. We had nothing but disrespect from the club, all the way to the likes of Tony Hamilton, until supporters began asking for a refund for last season, then we saw a panicked statement out with an apologetic tone.

It was embarrassing and pathetic but it proved that the board will react when it comes to money.

2. leeso-ardoyne

That attitude could * us up though. We take a massive hit on season books, the huns get into the CL then things will start to look.alot different than what we've experienced the last decade!

As for renewing my 4 books, I haven't even thought about if I will or wont. All I e been thinking about is the 10. The entering the stadium might * me up for renewing though if I have to provide evidence of a vaccine.

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

So peaceful protest and buying kit from JD.

That’ll really get the board worried.

Mystic Penguin likes this.
  4. TransferBhoy

Exactly what I’ve been saying

Rangers start winning title after title due to fans aiming to hurt the club financially then there would be more outrage and further years of misery ahead.

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Things are already looking different thanks to the board’s negligence.

6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye, seats too good to give up.. :fear:

7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

So all the things that the board have dinghied historically?

'Protest but do it in a way that we want'

If the club wants to treat us as customers when it suits then that comes with it responsibilities of listening to customer feedback, something they've shown they have no appetite to do.

Infact we had our majority shareholder speaking in the Herald in November making an arrogant boast that if 1 million people had an opinion and he had a different opinion, he would trust his own judgement.

And in one interview he let the cat out the bag at how little input we have.

'Pay up, shut up and let the boardroom boys tell you what's best'

He might own 30% of the shares but we the fans provide the working capital that funds the whole operation, if they aren't willing to acknowledge that and give us the representation we deserve, then we need to force their hand.

Hitting them in the pocket and impacting revenues, dividends and share price will make the other shareholders (some of whom have zero emotional investment in how the football club performs) sit up ask questions about their leadership.

8. TransferBhoy

With continued protest there would soon be changes.

But it’s fine mate, you & others aim to hurt the club financially yet will be first to moan when we are signing players from league 1 in England and coming 2nd in the league.

9. leeso-ardoyne

The old saying, stuck between a rock and a hard place.

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

We’re already second in the league, pal.

Hence the need for immediate change. Best done through sending a message the club will have to respond to.

Holding up banners outside the stadium has shown to have no impact. Not sure why you think it’ll do any good.

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

After all the board have done this season and over the years - disrespecting the fans, failing to build from a position of strength, not taking the SFA to task on issues, giving jobs to Sellick men etc.

And yet there’s still some people too afraid to go against them and hurt them where it counts. Quite sad.

The Phoenix likes this.
  12. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

I used to have a great seat in the North Stand Upper, right above the halfway line, but I gave it up after they stopped selling the pies I liked at halftime, *, well you have to get your priorities right ! If I still had one, no way I would renew until these charlatans have * off.

Rydo1888* and The Phoenix like this.
  13. TransferBhoy

That then requires a complete overhaul from top to bottom. Doesn’t mean fans should hurt the club financially in order for that to happen.

I’m pretty sure when the Board look back they will agree there has been costly mistakes. Intelligent people run the club so I’m sure there will be a debrief and hopefully a plan put in place to move forward.

I don’t want to hurt the club financially as the last thing I want is the scum across the city to be winning titles and lead us to years of pain.

14. The Dude

Is he?

We are currently 22 points behind a club that started the 2012-13 season in the fourth tier of Scottish football (a club that has been a basket case since its inception), to say nothing of the decline in standards on and off the pitch.

His negligence (apparent cronyism, imprudent spending, lack of foresight/preparedness, etc.) has cost the club tens, if not hundreds, of millions of pounds in lost revenue.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    ladbroke8 and FrankMcCallum like this.
  15. Big C

Excellent

16. Big C

If he had not been doing an excellent job do you think DD would have put up with incompetence? I think not.
    I’m not happy with how this has turned out either and an internal investigation should be sanctioned by DD with the results shared with the fans.

17. CountyDownFaithful

I'll renew mine as I've went my whole life and couldn't give it up.

But I would like to see some collective action from ST Holders whereby we withhold our money for as long as possible.

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

It's not a simplistic as that tbf, I want change as much as the next supporter have done for years.. But can't imagine not seeing us when I get the chance..

It's a massive part of life and not easy to switch off..

Big C likes this.
  19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

...an arrogant board failing to appreciate that supporters are more than just a cash cow to be milked for the benefit of the PLC.

As supporters of the football club our voices have fallen on deaf ears with a metal barrier installed to keep us out but as customers of the PLC our voices (£) can't be ignored.

20. JamesM09

Celtic fans would be withdrawing financial support until the board changes. Why do people act like the board is set in stone?

Their view is that we are customers. If the vast majority of the customers decide to stop buying they will change it pretty quickly. It's not going to be a 10 year battle.

How anyone can back this incompetent board is beyond me. We're 133 years old, at least try and look past next season ffs.