1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Will You Renew

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Stevie6767, Jan 11, 2021.

Discuss Will You Renew in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

How do you intend to remove the current board or influence change?

I’m not a large shareholder unfortunately and therefore the only thing I can do is remove is my financial backing in an attempt to influence decision making.

Im not having a go at people for renewing, fair play to you if you are, but this is why a severe malaise has set in at our club.

They take your loyalty for granted and throw it back in your face. They are metaphorically * in your gub whilst you lie there and take it.

2. TransferBhoy

Lawwell will be gone in the summer so that’s one major influencer out. People may have their doubts but I’d expect Lennon to also be gone.

People want rid of Dermot Desmond but unfortunately I don’t see anyone with the financial backing to do that unless we are purchased by a wealthy Sheik like Man City which I wouldn’t want to happen.

I feel there are other ways to show our displeasure than trying to hurt the club financially. That’s only going to lead a poor product on the field and that is the last thing we want.

3. Stevie6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    Disagree the thread is embarrassing it was done due to the numerous comments in various threads where people were talking about not renewing etc to try and get a proper sense if this was actually a widespread feeling amongst supporters.

I agree with you in terms of separating the team from the business if you like, which is why I can never see myself not renewing. Although pretty young, I went through the old rangers winning 9 in a row and never gave my ticket up so losing 1 in 10 isn't going to make me. However do understand why some people see it as the only way to make a point and force change.

4. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    We have backed the club to the hilt financially and it has only led to a poor product on the field. Can it get worse than this season?
    The distain with which the board have treated their paying customers this season has made me seriously question whether I will give them any more money next time around.

rickyroma25 and The Phoenix like this.
  5. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Like most Celtic fans we will always support the team however, we can't just throw our hard earned cash blindly into the club who's guardians who have caused untold damage on this our most important season. Worryingly, their total negligence the season and seasons past, could cause serious damage to the actual future of the club. I will therefore wait to see how this almighty * up pans out before I decide to renew my season ticket.

6. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

It's a sword of damocles decision for me, but I believe to save the long term future of the club it may be I have to be complicit in damaging it financially in the short term.

The Phoenix and The Dude like this.
  7. TransferBhoy

If anything it will get worse if fans intend to hurt the club financially. The club is already running financially on its reserves due to Covid so another financial impact like this is going to lead to a pretty poor side next season.

If people don’t want to renew due to Covid and financial constraints then I totally understand. But if people aren’t renewing with a view of hurting the club financially in order for decisions to be made then I don’t agree with that at all.

8. The Dude

As things stand, no. There is loyalty, then there is stupidity.

The Phoenix and Garrymac1888 like this.
  9. The Dude

Season-ticket holders are the last people that one can accuse of picking up and dropping the club whenever it suits them, particularly this season.

JML67, Frasbo, The Phoenix and 2 others like this.
  10. JamesM09

I think the ‘faithful through and through’ attitude to renewals is lazy and childish. It’s the easy approach, a fake moral high ground that calls everyone else a glory hunter.

The far more difficult thing is to stand with your fellow supporters and demand change. This isn’t about one season. We finally killed off the Huns and yet 10 years later we have stagnated as a club due to unambitious and incompetent management. This club has the potential to be a consistently strong European team and instead we’ve been downsized to the point that we’re happy with a couple of wins in the EUROPA league group stage every couple of seasons.

If we stand together and remove this board then at least we’ll win, lose or draw on our terms and not just be an ignored cash cow that is patronised with ‘best fans ever’, ‘faithful through and through’.

We might even get an apology from time to time.

The high and mighty attitude from some of our support reeks. Cancelling season books will kill some of our support but they will do it to try and affect change at the club.

For CEO I’d do interviews to find the right person. There’s no way any football supporter is in a position to suggest someone.

11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I mostly likely will renew but I would encourage everyone who is disgruntled at the disdain that we've been shown this season to hold off til on or close to the deadline.

If,during September to December you felt powerless watching the club you love being ragdolled and being fed inane comments by the coaching staff and radio silence by the board....this is your 1 moment in the year to send a message that they cannot ignore.

Make them feel as powerless as you did during that period of 2 wins in 13 games with 3rd party accounts of Zoom calls. We are key stakeholders in this business and we're not being treated as such.

12. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    If Peter resigns I'll definitely renew.

Frasbo likes this.
  13. Big C

That’s the question, who could do a better job? Not easy to find someone, who’s also a Celtic supporter, of his high calibre prepared to get involved in football. People can’t stand him, and I understand that, but from a PLC point of view he’s doing a fantastic job.
    No need for a attack by message chaps, just stating a fact.

14. TransferBhoy

There are other way to shows your displeasure than impact the club financially via there number 1 revenue stream.

Peaceful protests like we seen before Kilmarnock game for example. When back in stadiums entering 10 mins after kick off etc. Buying club merchandise from other outlets.

Not renewing is going to severely damage the club financially and will in turn lead to more pain watching that other mob run away with title after title.

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Suggest away.

16. TransferBhoy

The CEO doesn’t need to be a Celtic supporter. I couldn’t care less what team he or she supports as long as they have the required skills and experience for the role. They run the business side of things and that should be it.

Stevie6767 likes this.
  17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Not renewing season tickets and not buying directly from the club is exactly the way to send a message. To suggest otherwise is laughable.

There’s already been protests. They didn’t change a thing. In fact, the club dug their heels in further.

18. JamesM09

Extremely small minded opinion.

The Phoenix likes this.
  19. DonnyCelt

If I had a season ticket, no.

20. TransferBhoy

The club dug their heels in because they hadn’t done their job properly in terms of having a potential list of managers etc. Protests have nothing to do with the club digging their heels in.

See my post above for alternative ways