1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Benkovic loan back on ?

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Big Shoes, Jan 26, 2020.

Discuss Benkovic loan back on ? in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

2. MynameisEarl

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    By the sounds of the press conference we were probably wanting him back as well. Id honestly rather play Welsh for the rest of the season unless we're bringing in a proper centre half. People forget he had biscuit knees and missed half the season anyway, we've already got Julien for that role. If him and Gallagher are the front runners next season will be a total * show too.

3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

No thread is safe from the doom and gloom.

One title lost and we are crumbling before our eyes. How will we ever recover from losing a league title?

4. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    The sad thing is we probably desperately wanted him back looking at Kennedy's comments

But whenever we go to sign someone and other club is in for them we lose 9/10 times.

I'm glad we didn't sign him but our transfer strategy over the last ten years has finally cone to bite us in * this season.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  5. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    the sad reality is it’s prob more to do with the board knowing Lenny won’t be here in the summer, therefore not wanting to spend transfer fees in this window.

going by reports he’s going to Belgium, but I think this will be a window of loans.

6. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Very good player but isnt he a bit of a sick note? Theres no way the board will shell out money for him to come to Celtic till the end of the season if theres a high chance he'll spend most of it sitting on the sidelines injured. They'll already be spewing over the amount of wages their paying to Duffy who was so bad when he came on against sevco I actually felt bad for the big guy, confidence is completely gone.

7. JamesM09

As most threads suggest, sack the manager, replace the board with an ambitious one. We’d recover by August.

johnboy19 likes this.
  8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Which we will do.

JamesM09 likes this.
  9. MynameisEarl

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

Aye the fans have lots to be positive about given the fact we're 20 points behind in January ... in a season that started in October. And they're even less likely to be thrilled about getting linked with an injury prone former player. If things stay the same next season, there's definitely the potential for it to be more than one league title. They should be nowhere near us.

10. DonnyCelt

Seems as though we can't manage to entice a guy who's only played 70 odd mins of football all season to the club.

Mystic Penguin likes this.
  11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

They should be nowhere near us.[/QUOTE]

Well they’re only across the Clyde unfortunately. I would have them a bit closer if I could. In the Clyde.

12. TheHappyLoss

Amazing how many of these guys love it here but can’t be arsed coming back

Rydo1888* and Big Shoes like this.
  13. MynameisEarl

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Well they’re only across the Clyde unfortunately. I would have them a bit closer if I could. In the Clyde.[/QUOTE]

That's true. We can only hope the asbestos from their * hole stadium gets to them first.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  14. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

We now can’t entice him here. How come he loves it so much but won’t come back?

What do any of you know of whether we wanted him, he wanted to come back or if he is actually going to Belgium?

Do we not have enough to be depressed about before concocting a story out of headlines?

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  15. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    We won't replace our board and as long as those tight * are in power we won't progress as much as would be possible with our budget and fanbase. The most we can hope for is some years a Rodgers kind of managed * up by a clueless cheap option manager like Lennon in infinite loop.

16. MynameisEarl

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

Kennedy speaking about him at the press conference gives me the impression there's at least some interest there. I'm hoping it isn't the case, the guys decent enough but he's hardly played and very injury prone.

17. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Laxalt.....

18. JamesM09

That was months ago fs.

19. CountyDownFaithful

Yeah that’s a fair shout although he hadn’t played many games for Milan and he arrived at CP before an international break which allowed us to work on his fitness.

By and large though we are terrible at getting players integrated and upto speed quickly. Took Soro 9 months to register 30 minutes in a Celtic shirt.

20. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Totally agree with you. When ever I hear we are looking at someone and that other clubs are interested then I know that we won't be getting them. We either * about or try to haggle about the price and end up signing players who are a "project" or guys who just aren't good enough. It's a disgrace when you think of the players we have missed out on who have since went on to show just how good they were.