1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    And the only first team player who didn’t test positive was Ross Mccrorie

2. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

I hope the Sheep will be up for this one after their drubbing at the * pit, had a look at their results and they are un-beaten at home since Sep with Motherwell, but I've got a funny feeling that the Huns will win this game unfortunately, still you never know. Come on the Shaggers !

3. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    The drinking episode with Brown by the pool in Dubai is far deeper than a harmless pint.

It illustrates an unprofessional old pals act between the manager and captain, so it's little wonder Lennon's overlooked more talented and more capable players, to the detriment of the team, just to shoehorn Brown into the side for the majority of this season.

It's the same unprofessionalism and spite, which again detrimental to the team, saw him go with no recognised striker in the CL qualifiers and then doubling down on that farce in the next league game which almost cost us even more points.

I can forgive him for not having the same tactical awareness as Rodgers. That isn't his fault. That's the board's fault.

But I cannot forgive him for his lack of professionalism and self-sabotaging decesions which have cost us enormously this season.

He can't be forgiven for that.

4. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Sevco need to lose 3 games & draw 1, if that happens in their remaining 16 league games, and we win our remaining 19 league games (yes it is a long shot), then we win the league by a point, finishing on 100, them finishing on 99 points. So they don't need to lose 2 against the rest.

In another scenario, if we win 19/19, if they drew 2 of their other 14 games, it would come down to goal difference, if they drew 3 of their other 14 games, we'd win the league by 2 points.

This ain't over, my major worry is Soro getting injured/suspended leaving the door open for Brown to destroy the team again as he has been doing all season which has largely contributed to the position we find ourselves in both Domestically & in Europe.

davidhannah likes this.
  5. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Huns are in a slump performance wise, it's been going on for around 7 or 8 games, St Mirren was the only domestic game they didn't win, but, with Roofe, Arfield & Jack still out for them, Kent hardly scoring/assisting, Morelos not the player he was in the first half of last season, there's plenty to remain hopeful about in relation to them dropping points in the coming weeks, really hope the Motherwell manager gets a reaction too & takes points off them at Fir Park.

MagicBallBhoy and TheWolf like this.
  6. JamesM09

My own view at the moment is that the league isn’t completely over yet.

The odds of it turning round are obviously very slim and I firmly don’t expect it to turn around. If it does turn around it shouldn’t be enough to save Lennon’s job, for obvious reasons.

I also think if he was replaced before now it would be far more likely we would win this league. Although we will never know, I would say if he was replaced when the fans started protesting we would be in touching distance of them right now and confident of winning the league.

Crilly and MagicBallBhoy like this.
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Imagine we sacked this *, got a better manager in and won the league..

Mental when you think about it..

8. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    No decent managers would come here

Officer Doofy and theweeman like this.
  9. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Aye they would - but not with Liewell here

Leone Naka Fan and JamesM09 like this.
  10. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I’m still stunned that Lenny has missed out on the Motherwell gig!

11. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom

Not many players from the invincible season are left . 5 or so

The other has a bad injury

12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Love your belief but your not ropping me in this time until aberdeen beat them :56:

13. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Keep on topic. This is not the thread to talk about the Scum or any of their games.

14. Cringer67

This is right on the money

15. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I watched class of 92 as well pretty good docu series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. oh bhoy

why the * is he still here???!!

Crilly likes this.
  17. green-yin

A better manager would never have had us in this position. The squad we have should wipe the floor with everyone, including the huns, on a weekly basis. Punt lenny. Punt lawwell ( hes going anyway). Punt some players for some decent fees... ntcham frimpong christie ajer (would keep but wont happen) eddy. Punt the deadwood...bain, boli, klimala and griff come to mind. A good manager brings in season ticket sales and hopefully we can get back in to games by then. Build this team around barkas, jullien, soro, mcgregor, turnbull and ajeti. Theres yer spine of the team. Add quality additions at centre half, full back, wing and up front. * disgrace that lawwell has allowed us to get into this state because the fat * was too lazy to consider anyone else for the job a couple of years ago. Should never be allowed near celtic park again when he leaves. * us over good and proper , and domestic success over the past 10 years has masked what a * up he really has been as our CEO.

18. SuperZidane

"Punt lawwell ( hes going anyway)" - based on what exactly??

Sorry but I have seen this said many times on this site without anything to back it up. It all seems to have emanated from a quote from that rock solid source Charlie Nicholas in early Dec saying he "reckons" that Peter Lawwell will leave this season and that he "wouldn't be surprised" if one of DD's sons replaced him.

Nicholas has no idea what's going on in the Celtic boardroom and, to be fair to him, he doesn't claim that this "article" is anything more than speculation on his part.

There was nothing announced at the AGM and, as Celtic are a PLC listed on the London Stock Exchange - they will have to be notified of any changes at that level.

I think one thing that everyone here agrees on is that the club would be better off without Lawwell. If and when this is announced officially, I'll certainly be celebrating.

However, at the moment, I don't think he's leaving and posters on here stating it as fact (rather than opinion) are just setting themselves and others up for more frustration and disappointment.

19. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

‘If we win our remaining 19 games’

Honestly, what are people smoking nowadays? :56:

thailandceltic and Crilly like this.
  20. leeso-ardoyne

Why would lawwell e en consider leaving or the board to push him on. Look at the trophy stats since he's came in and the books. I'm not saying to keep him but the system are there to show the board won't be moving him on anytime soon. Everything else is all speculation!