1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Where will Lennon go after Celtic? I genuinely see him at a Birmingham, hull, portsmouth type of club. Which says a lot. He has given us great times, but this season he hasn’t been up to scratch and the failings are clear as day. Should have been gone after ferencvaros, Sparta, then Ross county, then the huns and the fact we are persevering with him is *. Just gutted that it’s happened this season of all seasons.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  2. SuperZidane

Are we supposed to ignore the fact that Lennon has spent over 32 million since he came back and we have been absolute **** for most of this season - we are 19 points (and a massive goal difference) behind Rangers* while in the opinion of many including myself, we have a better squad?

Lennon also hasn't had the decency to face up to his failure this season - he always blames someone else, usually the players.

I haven't disputed that Lennon was successful in the past but the key word there is past.

After watching a stream of frankly embarrassing performances this season and then listen to Lennon talk a load of BS that insults the intelligence of anyone who watched the game - how do you expect people to react?

I guess you and a couple of your cronies could sit round the bar reliving the Barcelona game as the rest of us watch Rangers* speed off into the distance.

freitassen likes this.
  3. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Sick of hearing him say we can turn it around in second half of the season what if we won all our games we still need the scum to do points in 2 other games it's not in our hands anymore his stubbornness had prevented that it actually makes me cringe on Instagram when I read the celtic das quoting oh but we were 7 behind so many fans and won it at tannadice whilst we've come to expect a hun implosion out doesnt feel that way anymore

4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Honestly, he won't even get that level of job.

I reckon this is his last gig, unless he drops down 2 divisions to league 1 in England or the championship again in Scotland.

Edit. Just realised two of them are league one now!
    Make that league two for Lennon then.
    Did not realise hull had fell that far!
    Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

5. The Dude

There is no chance that he I will get a job as 'big' as that, in my opinion. I think that the best that he can hope for is a club in the bottom half of the Scottish Premiership, or a club in League Two in England.

Peej, SuperZidane and JamesM09 like this.
  6. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Who really cares what job he gets after us, if any at all.

Unless he turns this around and wins the 10 his legacy will be forever tarnished at Celtic.

TheWolf and Peej like this.
  7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Already is for me, unfortunately.
    Half way through that poor run of 12-13 games he should have left, his refusal to accept any blame was annoying, but he then saddled up with the board and called the fans voice worthless - that right then was the time for me that his legacy was gone.

The Phoenix, JamesM09 and TheWolf like this.
  8. Sgt Neppers*

He has to go. Preferably ASAP but he'll hang around due to the ego of Lawell and lack of plan to change things up.

There's a small part of me that thinks Brexit may have a turn in the future model of the club. Our signing policy of hot prospects from Europe is done so will look to UK based players now. The small niggling part of me thinks this will be same of the next manager. A manager with knowledge of youths and UK market. This will have to correlate with the scouting dept also, hence the delay.

Could be wrong but just a thought. But bottom line Lennon and Lawell both need to go ASAP.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    Peej likes this.
  9. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

When's the * "Zoom" call to review the situation ? Thats what I'd like to know.

Peej likes this.
  10. wulliebad

Think i got as far as question number two and said * this *.Same as all the other party line bullshit.

11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    This.

Fully cant be *. This is the first time I've been on the forum in a month and it says it all. League is done and I can't believe he is still here. Completely disillusioned and I have literally zero expectations for the 2nd half of the season.

To be this far behind Rangers with the squad we have and money he has been given isn't acceptable. Astonishing he is still in a job.

Sgt Neppers*, The Prof and Peej like this.
  12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony

His first spell in charge is looked at with a lot of blinkers as well IMO.

The standard of football barring the first season was poor, he had some questionable european results even back then, his domestic cup record was iffy at times and he has only been challenged by a decent Rangers side 3 times in his career. First season we lost it, ok fair enough, second season he had us 15 behind at one point and then obbiously they went into admin too so were a complete mess. This season...well we all know what has happened this season.

People don't give Deila masses of credit for his two league title wins against Aberdeen so I find it funny how Lennon gets so much credit for his in 12/13 and 13/14.

Probably because of BARCELONA.

For me he's just not a very good manager. I don't think thats a wild accusation. The few people I have seen still supporting him are only pointing to what happened 7 years ago as evidence of why he should stay. Which says it all.

13. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Well done pal, best comment in thread all season!

My thoughts exactly, this year, it hasn't been good enough. Lennon and the team have been poor. I won't clear my mind of the good Lennon has done for us as player and manager either though. Sure as * ain't going to start calling him names either

Forestbhoy66 and johnboy19 like this.
  14. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Sack him now. He's *.

JamesM09 likes this.
  15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It is actually quite astonishing, even just on this simple view that he is still in this job.

He has taken a treble treble winning side (quadruple treble if we give him saving last season) and managed to be given circa £15million to spend on that team and managed to completely * this entire season up and be this far behind and out of every cup we have entered thus far.

The season is a complete failure at this junction, how the * are the board allowed to get away with standing by this.

Eyes wide opened to these charlatans now.

The Prof, JamesM09 and Mr Shelby like this.
  16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Honestly have no answer to it.

It's almost as if they are just fine to lose the league and accepted it even 2 months ago ffs! I look forward to seeing the next manager being given this much leniency....HA.

The Prof and Peej like this.
  17. JamesM09

At this point even the Lennon FC fanboys admit he should be removed. Astonishing is a good word for it. It’s genuinely difficult to believe what he’s been allowed to get away with.

I’d say 99% of the fanbase knows he should be removed at this point. Arguments now are just about whether or not he should be criticised for hanging around, which is again astonishing.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Neil Lennon summed up Celtic’s training camp in Dubai as ‘superb’ and said the players would reap the benefits of it throughout the second half of the season.

Celtic return to Glasgow ahead of Monday’s (January 11) league meeting with Hibernian following a week of intense training in the heat.

The annual mid-season training regime in the United Arab Emirates has served the Scottish champions well over the last five years, and Celtic will look to capitalise on the experience again this year as they target a 100 percent winning record throughout the second half of the campaign.

Neil Lennon was pleased with the work his squad put in during their training time in Dubai and was confident they would benefit hugely from it during the remainder of the season.

“It’s been a superb training camp,” said the Celtic manager. “It’s a great facility and, obviously, the weather’s been good. The training’s been very intense and the players will get the benefit of it and be ready for the second half of the season. In terms of, an exercise and what we’ve got out of it, it’s been very worthwhile.

“The psychological benefits are huge. The players will come back having done some good work and can feel better about themselves. They’re refreshed, they've had some warm weather and are feeling good. All those accumulative effects will stand us in good stead. We’ve done this for the last four or five years and it’s been very beneficial. It certainly was last year so we’re hoping for more of the same this year.”

The dedicated training period has also allowed some players returning from injuries, such as Mikey Johnstone and James Forrest, to build up their fitness so that they can play a part in the second half of the season.

Neil Lennon was delighted to see the two key players making progress with their efforts to put their injuries behind them.

“It’s great to have them back training,” he said. “We missed those two this year. They’re two very exceptional individual talents who can change the dynamic of the way we play. Mikey’s had some real bad luck with injuries and it’s great to have him back and flourishing again. James isn’t a million miles away which is great because he’s been such a pivotal player for us over the years.”

19. davidhannah

Rangers need to lose 4 games. 2 to the opposition and 2 to us. And we need to win every game. It is what it is. We have a group of players that knows what it takes to be invincibles. And quadruple treble winners. If any team can go for a 15 wins in a row run its us. As it stands its over with everything to win.

Aberdeen might beat them at Pittodrie on Sunday. Hope remains!

20. StevieBhoooy!

We still drew 4 games in the invincible season. So we need to better that.. no only going a full 1/2 season without dropping a single point, but relying on the Huns to drop 6 or more points as well.

Yes... all mathematically possible .. but going by the first 1/2 season... :drag:

As for Aberdeen beating them... we can hope.. but I think there’s more probability of them announcing this evening that 10 first team players have tested positive for new variant covid and can’t field a fit 11.