1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Alfie Doughty

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Officer Doofy, Sep 6, 2020.

Discuss Alfie Doughty in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Won't come..

2. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Castangne was a non starter far to ambitious if a signing and Toney they wanted ten million

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Lewis Kerr

Toney went for 5 million, with potential add ons up to 10.

We spunked about 8.5m on Ajeti and Klimala.

4. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

Toney also doubled his value within about two months of signing for Brentford I'd say. Never understood why people here wanted someone who was rotting on West Ham's bench over the top scorer in League One with all the physical abilities Ajeti lacks who is also clearly a natural goalscorer. And just being English massively helps his resale value.

elbhoydo, Lewis Kerr and Wee Baldy like this.
  5. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On

Big Shoes likes this.
  6. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Spot on m8

7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It's easy to say that with the benefit of hindsight but there's very clear reasons why that's the case.

Ajeti is a full International (capped at every level since u15s) had won trophies and played in the Champions League with Basel.

Toney was a guy who never played against higher.opposition than the English 3rd.tier and we were being asked.to pay our record transfer fee to sign him.

Toney has been a revelation but to pretend that it was a clear cut decision in the summer is bending the truth. He was playing against diddy defences with Peterborough.

Daryl Murphy, Pukki and Waghorn are all recent examples of guys that have torn up the English Championship but struggled massively up here. Toney was a big gamble for the outlay.

8. Lewis Kerr

A large chunk of our fan base show snobbery to players in the lower leagues of England, which is ironic.

Lots of us could see that Toney appeared to be a far better footballer based off his Youtube clips. He was scoring a variety of great goals and very athletic. I'd love to be wrong about Ajeti, but he looked bang average in his videos and hasn't shown anything in a Celtic strip so far to change my doubts about his ability.

Big Shoes and Foley1888 like this.
  9. Foley1888

YouTube clips can be deceiving but have to agree here Toney looked a striker on the up playing at a poor level but clearly had something about him, Lawwell tried to bully Peterborough into selling and came up against guys who just got * with him.

Ajeti reminds me of a poor mans Guidetti, has often looked out of shape and doesn’t really get involved in the game. Shows flashes of great finishing and the odd bit of hold up play but mainly looks slow, awkward and off limited ability on the occasion I have seen him. The Livi and Hibs home game’s (where he had to go off early) are probably the only exceptions.

Back on topic Doughty has something we aren’t blessed with at the moment out and out pace and can cover a number of positions he would be a good addition. I liked the look of Pearson and Davies from Preston as well and think particularly the later we should push the boat out to get in as a left sided CB is a must.

Big Shoes and Lewis Kerr like this.
  10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Was 5 million upfront ten in installments at the time fans didn’t want to touch Tony at that price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Offer £800k and get it done.

13. DonnyCelt

We will not be signing him. The state of our club at the moment the guy won't want to be anywhere near us. Plus he's injured anyway.

Westlondonscot and Dan Breen like this.
  14. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    We know it ain't happening. He will now either go to Stoke or Rangers (I think they would offer a 20k a week wage to him and he's seen Aribo about to win the league)

15. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Half a year ago we laughed about papers suggesting we're in a bidding war with the huns. Now it looks like we're the ones who have no argument to join. Disgusting how our management has allowed that to happen. Shocking how our money-grubbing board has completely forgot about we're losing a massive amount of money by being 2nd in Scotland. Our players' value have dropped thanks to a manager who can't develop them.

16. ddub11

Am i missing something?is he a winger?if he is then why bother with him?

I would of though we need to strenghten our defence,goal keeper as a priority.Cant see where we need to strengthen midfield with a million pound winger(whos place is he taken?)

We buy him and he,ll be one for the future,keeping the bench warm alongside kimala.Lets not waste money on the likes of him,just get a decent keeper and defender and stop chopping and changing the team and we.ll be grand.

17. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    We need wingers, I'd say more than defenders. He have Forrest who will barely play this season when back, Mikey and who else? Moi and Christie have played there but neither have been great in the position nor will they be here next season.

18. Big Shoes Tictok Gold Member

We’ve bid for him before so I don’t see why we can’t do it again. We obviously have been keen for a while. Sevco have no money so if we offer something decent we should get him

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I don't know where this 'they have no money so they're out the running' comes from. Well I do, but that hasn't stopped them spending and spending big.

I wouldn't write them off any more.