1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Markybhoy, Jan 2, 2021.

Discuss How do you feel? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Don't blame yerself mate :fear:.

:50: I never wanted him back but I take no pleasure in saying that, zero pleasure.

End of the day we all wanted the same thing bud.

2. celticdaft238

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    I haven't been this deflated since I read the announcement that Lennon had been offered the job full time after the Treble Treble victory....

3. Celticbhoy97

Absolutely sick, we’ll be lucky to win anything, 9 year of dominance done in 6 months

4. Girvan-shamrock

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldiers song
    10IAR wasn't just lost today, it was lost weeks ago. A draw with Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Hibs and Killie haven't helped, let alone results against Rangers. We are playing catch-up, and unfortunately the opposition don't have to work hard to score against us. I do feel that their luck will run out, whether or not we can take advantage of that is another thing. I do feel though, that this was the right team to face them and there's no doubt that the sending off turned things about. They are absolutely ordinary and now we rely on other teams taking points off them. To say I'm gutted about todays result is an understatement

5. Martybhoy53

My main emotion is anger. The board showed absutely no ambition when they appointed Lennon. A manager who has shown he is very limited in coaching skills and man management. A manager who points the finger at everyone else but himself. The recruitment has been very poor. Money wasted on dross. A team devoid of creativity, passion and hunger, badly coached, players with bad attitudes. To top it all is the fact that we sit 19 points behind a team who are no great shakes themselves. We need change from top to bottom at the club. My fear is that things will not change however and lessons will never be learned.

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  6. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I don’t :giggle1::50:

I’m never one for ‘I told you so’ either. Everyone here calls things wrong from time to time, and like you said I do genuinely believe 99.9% here want the same thing, and take no pleasure in being right if the team doesn’t succeed.

I made amends by calling for him to go a couple of months ago now :giggle1:

Peej and Garrymac1888 like this.
  7. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Totally agree bud, pragmatism!.

I didn't want him back, but he done a good job initially.

Ach * it mate, we are all sore today....we'll be back! Hail Hail :50:

King of Kings likes this.
  8. CountyDownFaithful

In one word, gutted.

No one can take away the amazing memories that we have from the last 9 years, especially the last 4.

This decade of dominance was always going to come to an end, we all knew they would eventually get stronger and that we couldn’t go on winning everything forever. But it’s the manner in which we have capitulated that is unacceptable. And how quickly we have folded. It was only 9/10 months ago that they couldn’t buy a win and were defeated by Hamilton at Ibrox.

We now need to reset and go again. A new manager. A squad rebuild. But I do not have faith in our Board to do the right thing.

Rangers went for broke to stop the 10 and they will need to sell some of their assets in the summer. Gerrard will probably get tempting offers from down South and I for one hope he goes.

9. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    In my case it's weeks rather than months, but other than that, I'm the same. I haven't remotely got my hopes up for a few weeks now, so I'm fairly calm tonight.

Gully Sands and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  10. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    There's been a bad feeling around the club for a while, long before now.

Fir me it goes back to summer 2018, there was an incredible high after winning the double Treble, plus early summer feel good news like getting Rogic and McGregor on long term deals...

But we went from that incredible high, to worrying signs really quickly.

As the summer progressed we had the John McGinn fiasco, which set the tone for one of the worst transfer windows in the club's history, the Dembele situation, and Rodgers openly questioning the ambition of the board. I knew then, this was going to be Rodgers' last season. The bad feeling had a knock on effect on the team as we had a stuttering start in the league, and an under par performance v AEK which saw us out of the CL.

We did eventually get things in order, winning the league Cup, but went into the new year game at the Bigotdome with McGregor as left back and Mikey Johnstone up front on his own. First ever defeat against New Rangers. We recovered and looked on our way then Rodgers left and Lennon got the job on an interim basis... 4 months of terrible football ensued but we got over the line.

Then that day at Hampden, all celebrations and optimism were spoiled when Lennon got the job full time. I couldn't believe it when I saw it on Twitter after the game. I actually thought it was one of those parody accounts some wee virgins like to make up every now and again to fool people into thinking we've signed certain players or whatever... but then seeing the blue tick I was * shattered.

That was the day we lost the 10.

There were times last season, particularly in the first half of the season, where we looked a bit like the old Rodgers team. The 4231 was being utilised well by the players who clearly knew the system - the only real change being Moi on the left instead of Sinclair. And whatever deficiencies or downgrades at the back (Taylor/Bongoli for Tierney) they seemed to be offset by the arrival of Forster in goal. However it was clear back then, even with a team playing well with the muscle memory of Rodgers' coaching, that as soon as Lennon had to make in-game changes, tactical changes or personnel decisions, you were quickly reminded that this was definitely not Rodgers' old team. Lennon's limitations were laid bare, most glaringly in the games against the Huns.

He did change to the 352 after the break, and yet another schooling by Beale and Gerrard, but this felt, much like the diamond this season, a forced throw of the dice rather than tactically planned with a clear direction. Forr instance how was Moi to fit into this system? Was Forrest now expected to be a wing back, rather than winger? Was he supposed to switch to the left until we found someone more comfortable there? The change in formation seemed to work but it was all a bit over the place and we didn't see it long enough to know if it really suited us.

That's the problem with Lennon. He doesn't really believe in coaching or having a methodically thought out game plan. It's all a bit hit and miss - which is why results over both his tenures are so erratic. It's why there have been several cup embarrassments mixed with some trophies, several humiliations to European minnows mixed in between Barcelona and Lazio, several Derby embarrassments tinged with the odd success.

That's what we were always going to get with Lennon. We knew track record. It was always going to end in tears.

He'll be forever remembered as the manager who * up the 10. This is not a conclusion that can only be made in hindsight, it was clear he was never an appropriate candidate. This outcome was entirely foreseeable. So in that sense, I don't really feel that much anger any more, just resignation.

Taz, xDanCFCx, Davbhoyinoz and 14 others like this.
  11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

My order of blame is:

1. Peter Lawwell
    2. Neil Lennon
    3. @King of Kings

12. truedub1916

Great post

The Phoenix likes this.
  13. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Another one,... I'll go * blind mate :cool:

Rydo1888* likes this.
  14. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Yeah if a new manager was brought In maybe but Lennon is staying to the end.

Stopping them doing the double by winning the cup is what's left, utterly depressing thought mate

15. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Not just the club, a lot of the fans.

Fans and a board happy to be slightly better than a bang average Rangers team, one of the fundamental problems with our club.

Such an unhealthy and unambitious attitude to have.

DEADEYECFC, thailandceltic and Peej like this.
  16. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Rebel rabble :67::celt_2:

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  17. Stevie6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    Gutted and even more frustrated than ever with it all.

We just lost a game (and league) to a team who are so bang average, the first time in ages we actually pick the correct team and tactics we play them off the park and they can't even get a shot at our goals (where we have possibly one of the few professional GK's who doesn't do saving shots)

The fact we have let this mob get so far in front of us, when we can see how average they are is infuriating, losing 10 IAR would never have been easy to take, but would have beem slightly easier to accept if it was against an amazing team and not because we have inflicted this on ourselves!!

The fact we know our board won't act and start the rebuild now is also not helping with any positive thoughts!!

18. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    :56:

19. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

20. DonnyCelt

Angry, sick, cheated.

Desmond, Lawwell and Lennon are all accountable and they should all get tae *. They will forever be know as the men that blew the 10. And what should've been a * nailed on 10 at that.

The players who downed tools and didn't want to play for Lennon are also accountable, first and foremost you should play for the club and its fans, the manager last. They've been rank rotten as well.

Also, and I'm gonna say it, * stains like Maddhun. * that shouldn't be anywhere near a Derby game for obvious reasons. We see time and time again that they are unfit to officiate a game off football. Maddhun, Beaton, Dallas, Robertson etc. All * that don't hide their colours.

Seasons been a * up from start to.........* 2nd January.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    Martybhoy53 and FrankMcCallum like this.