1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Markybhoy, Jan 2, 2021.

Discuss How do you feel? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bonobhoy

Conceded it few weeks ago so im actually not that bothered as much as i thought i would.

For some reason the thought of that Idiotic Scouse * winning it annoys me more than anything....It makes a mediocre manager look godly up here.

As for us....we get a new board a new manager and players that want to be here..the shame is that the winning 10 feeling is now gone and that will be an issue moving forward in terms of excitement anymore.

2. Markybhoy

From a therapeutic perspective, that is undoubtedly true. My own life experience tells me it doesn't extend to football though. Rationality goes out the window when you lose to those stinking *. Even more so, when you gift wrap the league for them. I had forgotten how bad that feels.

I think, ultimately, that is what is really eating at me.

3. mayo

Sick. Absolutely sick. Feels worse when we were the much better team til a moment of madness

4. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    Embarrassed. That an 8 1/2 year old club can be 19 points ahead of us in January, having started in the 4th tier, with the huge financial advantage we have. Self harm on an unforgiveable scale.

5. James Gold Member Gold Member

We * the league at Pittodrie for me then Easter Rd was the death nail I wouldn't have been confident we would have turned it round even with a win today * frightening to think how far backwards Lennon has taken us

6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I feel good, i knew that i would ! :36:

Honestly i'm nonplussed. :42:

7. dmccourt95

Years and years of incompetence coming home to roost

callumrae1967 and FranceCelt like this.
  8. celtic warrior

9. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Aye easter road was the game for me when I just thought there was no chance we were winning the league, pretty sure it was the first game back after the international break where many thought he should've gone.

The Phoenix likes this.
  10. Big C

Me, I’m absolutely gutted. These * will have the chance to qualify for the CL, which they very well may do if you look at their European record. They will invest any monies they make from the CL back into the team and whether we want to admit it or not, they will become stronger. This is the worst possible scenario that could ever come from those * winning the league.
    NL deserves a fair amount of stick but by * where have these players been all season? Half hearted at best, not giving a * at worst. I’ve been on Ajer’s case because I don’t think he’s been on it, however he has certainly had a good month for us. Him, McGregor and Brown were the only ones I noticed at the end that cared about the enormity of that result.

11. ladbroke8

Just fake. A new club allowed to spend into endless confetti debt while pretending its the old team producing endless annual losses allowed to pretend its some kind of football institution winning games with 5 subs in front of empty stadiums with every refereeing decision going in their favour.

muaythai postie likes this.
  12. Foley1888

I feel the damage was done before today. The first four months of the season were a joke. The draws at Aberdeen, Hibs and at home to St Johnstone not to mention the performance at home against them is where the damage was done. That spell of games was embarrassing and unbelievable the manager never lost his job.

Lennon’s stubbornness and refusal to drop Brown and play Soro & Turnbull along with some very poor recruitment have set us back severely. Around the best part of £20m spent on guys who are nowhere near the required level Boli, Taylor, Duffy, Ajeti, Barkas and Klimala etc.

Also our failure to move on players who wanted away and find adequate replacements has resulted in a turbulent season off the field to date.

Today’s performance actually gave me reasons for optimism despite the result, as we totally outplayed them for the majority of the game. They had to resort to sitting in at home to protect their defence and boot the ball up aimlessly to Morelos. The midfield and baring the final ball our full backs squeezed the life from them. On another day we are three up in the first half but we weren’t and then Bitton let’s us downs and we concede a very unfortunate goal.

For me we need to build on that from now knowing the league is gone but go on a winning run and look to sell those that don’t want to be here next year in January and bring in players who do. Look to win the Scottish Cup and give them what they deserve a couple of times, like we should have today.

The defence needs addressing as other than Ajer our centre half options are terrible and he wants away. Our midfield is probably a box to box midfielder to take Christie’s place away from looking strong. I would sell Christie and Ntcham and also if Eddy is to go and we get a good offer I would cash in and try get a replacement in to bed in for next year. Goalkeeper is another part of the team we need to sort out. Most importantly make our mind up what we are doing about the manager position.

Ak1 likes this.
  13. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I genuinely think if we'd won today we would have gone on to win the league.

We seemed to be on the way back up, and momentum would have been crucial in the latter part of the season.

A sending off in a game which we had control of is difficult to take.

It looks to be over, but a bad month for them could turn things. Who knows.

callumrae1967 and Tim-Time 1888 like this.
  14. wulliebad

Its been a long time coming and i think most fans knew today was a long shot at saving our season. I feel kind of MEH,iv been angry and * off this season but as its worn on i guess i have come to accept or expect us to lose. Don't even believe the board will do anything.
    But the real pain will be next season if that mob get into the CL groups and suddenly they are getting the funds to survive and we are not.Its going to be the real turning point in Scotland and i don't think we are willing or able to stop it because of the money we spunked last summer and got worse because of failed signings.I fell we will lose about 7 or 8 players this summer,3 loan deals going back to clubs and half the first team will be sold as they want/demand to move on.

15. joemc

I know it's through pain but my thought is edouard plays * we virtually lose the league after he has been told he is not getting to leave this season ,now he has played himself into a position wer he can leave now like he wanted .

16. Montero Gold Member Gold Member

Honestly, just * exhausted. It's been such a hard year personally, outwith football, as it has been for us all but I was really just putting my final bit of hope on us and now that's gone.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  17. Lewis Kerr

Don't really give a * anymore.

I've been calling for Lenny's head since Ferencvaros. I was disgusted and livid in that poor run we had.

I accepted the league was lost months ago though so don't really care anymore. I expected us to capitulate like this. Today was last chance saloon and unsurprisingly we * it again.

I'm dumbfounded Lennon still has a job though, I mean, you just have to laugh at this point. Gross incompetence.

FrankMcCallum and dmccourt95 like this.
  18. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Could accept it a bit more, if it wasn't in the self-harm manner in which it has been delivered.

Doing enough to get bye for far too long. How we go about our football business is shocking

The Prof and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    They’ve got their ‘old firm’ back, well now they can share league titles with the * like the old days. The * running our club are hoaching *!

20. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Feel like * knowing He will still be manager tomorrow. Feel like * thinking I can't be arsed giving a * anymore