1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Markybhoy, Jan 2, 2021.

Discuss How do you feel? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Markybhoy

Well......now that the big game, and our chances of winning 10 in a row, are over, how do you feel?

Angry/disappointed/devastated/frustrated/still believing?

A couple of months ago I was going through a phase of extreme anger towards Celtic. Neil Lennon was * me off and I was so fed up with the way the team was playing. I'd say about a month ago the anger subsided and I reached the level of 'acceptance'. It became obvious after the Ross County defeat that Lennon was going nowhere, and when I realised that was the case, I knew we were not winning the league this season. I emotionally checked out at that point and stopped watching matches. The thought of them winning the league hurts too much. Since Sparta Prague at home the only matches I have watched have been the cup final and today. Neither were enjoyable.

I think where I am in the aftermath of today's game I am just feeling an overwhelming sense of emptiness. Like someone has ripped my guts out. The realisation of what lies ahead is really hitting home now and it's very, very unpleasant. On some level I had convinced myself that I would never have to see them win the league again. I thought they'd bust themselves a second time trying to catch us.

All I am left with now is the same question rattling round and round in my head - where did it all go wrong?

How could a team dominate Scottish Football for nine years and then suddenly find itself nineteen points behind it's biggest rivals by January of the following season? It's a mind boggling fall from grace. Especially when you consider that Sevco are not a great team by any stretch of the imagination. I think it's a form of state of shock I am in. I just can't quite believe that it has come to this. But yet it has.

One minute I feel like I want to kick everyone at Parkhead up the * and the next minute I just feel so sad that I couldn't do it even if I had the opportunity. This is a dark day. Probably the darkest since Fir Park 2005.

Yeah......I don't really know what else to say.

How's it feeling for you ghuys/ghirls?

2. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Lennon getting handed the job in the Hampden showers was the death sentence.

The players have dominated Scottish football like no other team has before, not even the Lisbon Lions.

Lennon is incompetent. He threw away the 10 because he’s an unprofessional * with no accountability.

Wasn’t good enough for Hibs.

This is his legacy.

3. Thebs

Can't change the past, my sadness is more because I know the board will do nothing to change this.

Tommy25, ddub11 and dmccourt95 like this.
  4. dmccourt95

This, I had already accepted the fact the league was gone about 6 weeks ago but the total lack of fight and utter incompetence it seems from everyone at our club is soul destroying. The board have been getting away with mismanagement for years and now it’s come back to haunt them they’re utterly clueless on how to fix it

5. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I'm fine with it, it's been a blast. Ohhh the laughs.

We should all have a nice chat to talk about our feelings and how we need a big hug.

Gully Sands and TheHappyLoss like this.
  6. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Confused.

As to why Neil Lennon is still in a job.

7. Markybhoy

I feel exactly the same. And I do not say that with the benefit of hindsight. I remember feeling it that day after the cup final. It felt like a massive mistake.

Later on that evening, I ran into a Hun I know in the pub. Celtic had just won the Scottish Cup and the Treble earlier that day and yet it was the happiest I had seen him in years when talking about football. He really for the first time believed that 10 in a row could be stopped. That always stuck with me.

Valhalla likes this.
  8. Mr. Slippyfist

Beyond disgusted.

So much so that I'm actually numb.

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Sitting eating a white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake that's just been delivered from Kaspa's, so quite good..

JML67, PiotreQ, Gully Sands and 4 others like this.
  10. leeso-ardoyne

I'm usually full of anger and madness when important games don't go out way but after that game, I honestly feel like someone has died and I just can't get my head around it. It's going to take some time to get over this. Hopefully next few games miracles happen and they loose points to give us some hope again. Only time will tell

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Empty.

The anger will come later I think.

12. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
  13. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    This exactly this

14. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Can also remember the way we went from euphoria to anger when hearing the Lennon appointment. We all appreciated he done a job to get us over the line but surely isn’t the man for the job long term...surely.

15. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I’m totally calm because I had made my peace about this season months ago tbh.

16. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Im just angry with the board for letting them catch up we should be light years ahead of them on and off the pitch but they've let them over take us.

Blame Lennon all ye want but the guy can't even pick his own backroom staff I doubt he's picking the signings.

We have far bigger problems than Neil Lennon.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  17. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Weren’t the lions only one trophy less on their 9 in a row, but included the big one.

Gyp Rosetti and Valhalla like this.
  18. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Was the other way round for me mate. Don't think I've the energy left for anger.

Wee Baldy and Markybhoy like this.
  19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

20. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The Huns official twitter * celebrated when he was announced.

It was a total *.