1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Scum v Celtic, Scottish Premiership. Sat 2nd Jan 2021, KO 12:30. Sky Sports Football/Main Event.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Dec 30, 2020.

Discuss Scum v Celtic, Scottish Premiership. Sat 2nd Jan 2021, KO 12:30. Sky Sports Football/Main Event. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Your post shows them as barcelona where we cant do anything because there better. Are they *. Recent results show right now we are the in form team, and personally we are going to * batter them.

saltire78, TheWolf and Sydneysider like this.
  2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    A hope so mate

3. honda Gold Member Gold Member

The last 2 games theyve won should have been a draw or loss. Hibs denied 2 stone wallers, st Mirren missed so many sitters eduard could have even scored. All at a time were finally waking the * up. Genuinely excited for how much we will beat them by.

4. Mr Hoopy

I think we need to be realistic and not get too carried away in the euphoria.

Fact remains we have been * poor for the majority of the season thus far (apart from last 5 games or so). We have not looked like a team never mind played like one. Confidence shot, unsettled dressing room, players wanting away and not putting in a shift and poor signings. Let's be honest it has been a * start to what should have been a piece of history going for ten.

Granted we have picked it up but we have not been great as we are still making daft mistakes and i have no confidence in our keeper or in our defence. We have no true width in the team with no Jamesy or Sinclair or a Roberts thus we rely heavily on Frimpong and Laxalt leaving us vulnerable at the back.

They are high in confidence and winning games without always playing well. They also have the benefit of the referees on their side which makes our job even harder. Every 50/50 decision will go to them no question tomorrow. I personally feel that we need to be at our absolute best to even get a draw tomorrow - not because they have better players but because they have momentum, more confidence, more width, the referee and dare i say better coaching.

I truly hope i am wrong and we pump them but i just can't see it i'm afraid :ireland:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    ddub11 likes this.
  5. DonnyCelt

Didn't realise we haven't actually won a New Year Derby since the 2-1 victory at the bigotdome in Rodgers first season.

The Phoenix likes this.
  6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Any win..

A draw not a disaster but we probably need to win the game.

saltire78 and CountyDownFaithful like this.
  7. Girvan-shamrock

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldiers song
    Get * tore into these hun * right from the start. Force them into making mistakes. Eddie and Griffiths will have their centre half's panicking and they'll need the full backs to support them. Turnbull will be the key to winning this game. It's a blood and thunder pub fight.

saltire78, truedub1916 and TheWolf like this.
  8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Celtic Da alert!

This defeatist attitude from some is boak inducing. Even in the dark days I believed we would beat the team from ibrox when we played. You know what as well? A lot of the times we did.

I would never concede anything to those goat *, bottom feeding mutants.

Have some self respect ffs.

9. Heb Celt

Will be super confident about this game once I see team sheet and we’ve kept same team and shape as the last few games.Better not see what team and formation he put out on Cup Final day.

cas79 likes this.
  10. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Heard they have a wip round for some power cards, 3 have been donated already and are expecting an influx of a further 2 by game time, those best fans in the world always deliver

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

TheWolf likes this.
  11. mayo

Barkas
    Jullien Bitton Ajer
    Elhamed Soro McGregor Laxalt
    Turnbull
    Edouard Griffs

These * just love whipping crosses in and one of their biggest threats is from set pieces, with our defence atm I would be sticking a third body in there and add height to our defence. The full backs give us some width so everything isn’t through the middle and can attack their full backs that everything goes through. Soro and McGregor to pick up on lose balls and feed the front 3. The quality of our front 3 will definitely hurt the huns.

Ppl will probably bring up the 3-5-2 didn’t work a few months back but that was a very thrown together team and only 4 of the above started that day.

Get right into these mutants from the off Celtic they aren’t the world beaters they claim to be.

12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Romour I heard was they held up red cards down the off license hoping to get free electric for the game..

TheWolf likes this.
  13. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You are saying to get into them but your team is set up to contain them not take the game to them.

It’s a decent team to be fair but there is just too much shuffling about of a team that has being doing well lately.

The diamond with 2 up top has been working. Play that, hunt them in packs, don’t give their centre backs a seconds peace and that will make their fullbacks second guess themselves before bombing forward.

We are * in defence we know that so play to our strengths and defend from the front.

I said 2-0 to us the other day but it will probably be more like 4-2 to the leather belts.

14. SteveyNico67

What a psychological hammering that was
    Gorgeous George

15. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

:56:

16. mayo

I don’t buy into you can’t get stuck into them based on formation. I mean was MON’s team set up to contain teams using 3-5-2?

ok it gives them more respect then a diamond does but the sad reality is we have to be honest here. So far this season they’ve been far better and recent games they’ve been far better.

Our best performance in recent years at ibrox was start of the 19/20 season. Main reason we were well organised in defence, put pressure on them and hit them then on the counter.

Anyway he’s not playing a 3-5-2 anyway. Please * the diamond works HH

17. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Our weak point is no doubt going to be set pieces. Every set piece you feel the opposition are going to score or come very close. Attacking wise we will have them, Slippy will know this, I think he will start More or less as he will fall and dive every time one of our players goes near him, Madden will oblige giving him freekick after freekick

18. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    Just like he did in the last win there, high press from the start and work like * off the ball,get in their faces and force them into mistakes

19. scootz

INTAE THUM!

20. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Aye mate bang on that has been there game most of this season,

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk