1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

James Forrest

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Jul 25, 2015.

Discuss James Forrest in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Why is his record in Europe after the Qualifiers, Hun fixtures & with Scotland so poor then in terms of goals/assists numbers if he's as good as you say?

For me, he's always known his limits of consistency, hence why he's stayed here his whole career in Scotland.

Sydneysider likes this.
  2. Jeffrey

I get what you’re saying. But to be a mainstay in our team for 10 years when fit is a massive achievement for any player. What I’m saying is, he’s very hard to replace, and could 100% be earning more money down south. Relegation fodder or at the top of the championship, doesn’t matter. He wants to be here, he’s made that clear and I’m not sure we could find better even if we broke the bank.

3. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I agree it's a huge achievement to be around our first team for so long, but I think he's been more of a mainstay because he's very consistent against every team below the standard of Sevco in Scotland, which is basically around 90% of our matches every season.

but...

Post CL/EL Qualifiers :
    49 games
    2 goals (one a pen)
    6 assists

Oldco/Newco :
    23 games
    2 goals
    6 assists

Scotland :
    35 games
    5 goals
    3 assists (two of which were against San Marino & Lithuania)

I'd like to think we could find a RW (a role so many prolific scorers/assisters play in the modern game) even on our budget that could do better than those numbers in Europe & Hun fixtures. Don't get me wrong I'd keep him around because he's prolific in his numbers against teams the standard of Aberdeen & below, which is vital every season, but I think we need better at RW in Europe & Sevco fixtures going forward if we're to get far better in those games again.

Sydneysider likes this.
  4. celtic warrior

They have equally been games where the entire squad haven't shown up.

Couldn't give a * how any of our guys do with Scotland, that set up is * chronic.

He's an important part of play and its been plainly evident for the entire time he's been out, to get someone better who can be relied upon to perform as you expect would cost us upwards of £12 million.

Why? Because £8million couldn't even land us Roberts

5. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    Just my opinion but thought he was * before he got his injury

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  6. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Using 'the entire squad not turning up' is a poor excuse mate, there were still players who scored/assisted in those games & made a bigger impact than Forrest against AEK Athens, Suduva, Malmo & Ferencvaros, on top of many other Qualifiers like Elfsborg, Qarabag, Utrecht etc where Forrest also failed to turn up/make an impact.

If anything 'the entire squad not turning up' should make players like Forrest stand out more, it should have seen him rise above the rest if you rate him as highly as you do, yet he didn't do so on many occasions.

You might not want to acknowledge his Scotland stats which is fair enough but 3 assists in 35 games is chronic stats for a winger at that level, but to me those poor numbers only correlate with his poor numbers for us when the levels are raised in Europe & against Sevco, it's no coincidence.

Btw he was performing poorly before his injury this season, I don't think he went by his man once, would constantly go backwards when squaring up his man 1v1. Have to remember he's nearly 30 as well & won't have the pace he once had to go past players.

I personally think we can find a new RW on our budget to make a bigger impact in Europe & Hun fixtures, I'd still play him in plenty domestic fixtures, but would be looking for a new first choice RW that would have a bigger impact in the tougher fixtures we face every season.

7. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Forrest is one of our only players who consistently turns up in Europe.

8. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He was, along with all others. However, he does chip in with important goals in tight games and also assists.

But not against Huns.

9. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson

Well as far as I am concerned James Forrest is one of the best Celtic players of modern times and we IMHO have been immensely lucky to have seen him play his whole career in the hoops. Given his age he is in his peak career years so hopefully when he returns from injury he able to get back to his best and we see him for a few more years in the hoops before his career winds down like Brown's is now.

10. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Could not agree more. One of our best players over the past decade.

11. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    When is he due back?

12. fms06

February

13. Celtic_renard News Writer News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Patrick Roberts
    Have there been any more updates on him. Is he close to returning to training?

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

JAMES FORREST will hand Celtic a boost by returning to training next week.

The Scotland winger has been out of action for the last four months.

Forrest, 29, underwent surgery on an ankle injury and has been doing his rehab behind the scenes.

Now Hoops boss Neil Lennon has revealed he could be back in full training on Monday.

Lennon said: “We’re hoping Jamsey will start back training with the squad at the start of next week. Fingers crossed on that.

“He’s been out on the grass doing his rehab fitness work and the physios are confident he’ll be ready to join back in next week.

We’ve missed him because he’s a quality player. He’s proved that over the years, time and again, and been so successful.

“He had another magnificent session last year and started this season well again. But unfortunately for him he got a really bad injury and he’s had to be patient and go through all the right steps.

But he’s nearly there now and he’ll be welcomed back.”

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Great news, he’s been badly missed.

16. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Nah mate, you no heard ? He's *
    :90:

Sooner we get him back out right and Turnbull in the middle the better

Sean Daleer likes this.
  17. Sgt Neppers*

A fully fit James Forres is a massive boost to the team. Looking forward to him being back.

18. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    good news as he's been badly missed ,

19. Crilly

Love forrest, hopefully we see a better shape to the team when he’s back and have a full back with an actual winger ahead of him,rather than a full back trying to do both jobs

20. Crilly

But then again with that useless * in charge he might drop Eddie and play forrest false 9