1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Scum v Celtic, Scottish Premiership. Sat 2nd Jan 2021, KO 12:30. Sky Sports Football/Main Event.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Dec 30, 2020.

Discuss Scum v Celtic, Scottish Premiership. Sat 2nd Jan 2021, KO 12:30. Sky Sports Football/Main Event. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. truedub1916

Interestingly just a reminder this was the tram when we played them last time -

CELTIC: Barkas, Duffy, Brown, Klimala (Griffiths 66), Ntcham (Rogic 66), Elyounoussi (Ajeti 55(, Frimpong, Ajer, McGregor, Welsh (Turnbull 83), Laxalt (Taylor 83).
    Subs: Bain, Soro, Henderson, Ralston.

add to that, we had just come off the international break with a lot of players having played 3 games in a short time plus travelling back on the Thursday
    We had 0 time to prepare

we are FAR better set up this time around

2. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Apologies every rangers game , my bad :(

3. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Barkas

Frimpomg
    Ajer
    Biton
    Laxalt

Soro
    Christie
    McGregor
    Turnbull

Eddy
    Griffiths

Would start Christie was surprised with him covering a lot for Frimpong the other day , would play him over Johnston or Elyounoussi for a bit more cover

4. celtic warrior

Win this and it won't seem like it on paper but I'd say the league is wide open again.

They are not a patch on our invincible squad, excluding our remaining 3 games where there is a greater likelihood they could lose (not guaranteed of course), current form or not, I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest if Celtic actually turn up and show the unmatched quality we have for this league. Huns could lose a further 2 games outside of games against us.

We got 3 games in hand, they must be 9 points

3 games against huns, conservatively say 7.

They lose another 2 games that 6 points dropped, so long as we put points on the board and win then the league table suddenly looks a whole lot different. Its a monumental task on our part, but we are serial winners we have the ability to do it, we know we can, that lot, as soon as that points deficit gets anywhere around 7 points will start to feel the burn, the pressure, their fans will boil with rage the moment they draw or lose.

This weekend is * critical to being a catalyst to all this.

After the utter garbage we've witnessed at the start of the season under Lennon of he can pull it, by lord, there will be no sight sweeter than he and Brown lifting that trophy and celebrating whilst Gerrard * off down south and they go into free fall again.

TheWolf and NomDePlum like this.
  5. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The decision to take Hazard out the team was the right call by Lenny, he was a nervous wreck against Hearts on a big occasion & that would have only been magnified further on Saturday. Although I would have replaced him with Bain, not Barkas, just don't trust Barkas to make any big saves, he had a big moment yesterday to make a big save when McNulty was through & didn't get near it once again, I would have had more faith in Bain getting something on that.

Still think that starting 11 can win, I'm confident we'll over power them in MF & ATT, they'll be shocked by the quality of Soro & Turnbull and won't be able to handle Eddy & Griff together, plus we have lots of great attacking bench options with Rogic, MJ, Elyounoussi, Klimala, Ajeti etc.

Mickmac and The Dude like this.
  6. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    We win our games in hand and the deficit is down to four points. It's definitely wide open IF we win it. If we lose, it's ten points difference and that's assuming we win our games in hand.

If we don't get the win, Lennon NEEDS to be sacked. It is appalling we've left it until the league is virtually over before ending his reign.

celtic warrior likes this.
  7. celtic warrior

Like you say, if that all happens, you bet the fans and squad will be smelling blood and going for it. Confidence will be sky high and should then reflect in our performances.

They will flounder and fumble the moment it gets that close.

If we do win yhe 10 I'd still want Lennon gone after. Should not be given another seadon.

Hammy89 likes this.
  8. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Haha...for all the Huns bravado they are going to hammer us, they want Eddy suspended. Because we are getting a bit of form.they are bricking it in reality that if they loose then the annual freefall begins. COYBIG

9. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Going into this like they have been going into most of the Glasgow Derby’s last 4 years. Needing to beat them to stay in the title race. at Xmas is pretty disgraceful from our point of view but that’s football and we can’t just breeze to every league title for ever. The way it was going this time last year and I thought if we had won it the league was basically over, scum will feel the same about this and they are miles better off with a win than we wouldve been last season if we had won at CP but them two squads last year were so different you knew if we got a few ahead they would crumble.

A must win to have any chance of winning the league and even if we do it, it’s still a long road ahead but it would be a start. I think they are due a beating in the league now, Killie away, Dundee Utd away we’re lucky wins with a pen and some dodgy decisions in the Utd game. Basically scrapped past Motherwell at home and then again some dodgy reffing got them away with it at home to Hibs. Weren’t great yesterday either apparently. I think if we play like we did yesterday we should win.

10. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If we don't play Duffy and Ntcham, that is already a massive improvement.

I would not mind a fresh Elyounoussi starting again, over Christie. I won't bet on who starts at left back, it's a toss up.

truedub1916 likes this.
  11. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    They have a 35 year old in MF, Soro, CalMac, Christie & Turnbull will be far too much for them in the middle.

Big C likes this.
  12. Heb Celt

You just know we’ll match them with our own 35 yr old though “For experience reasons”.

cas79 likes this.
  13. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

They will bottle this game, anytime they're under a bit of pressure, St Mirren in the League cup for example, except for the Petrofac cup that is :56:

14. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

Oh aye and I forgot to mention, as the Trumpster would say, the current League table as it stands is "Fake News". We'll see where we are when we've played the same amount of games. (I can't take credit for that, the presenter on Celtic TV mentioned it :blahblah1)

15. SteveyNico67

Is Everyone ignoring the fact that if the barky plays- we are *

16. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    You've got to live dangerously Hammy. Watch the game, have a pie and a beer and I'll see you up at Cardiology

Hammy89 likes this.
  17. SteveyNico67

They’ll have 10-15 shots on target

How many will t-Rex hands save?

I think we’ll get our record defeat by them. Lennon will be sacked shortly thereafter.
    It’s so 2020 that he played Hazard then dumped him when he has shown such promise and Barkas has been a

I won’t be watching

18. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

:56:

Rydo1888*, HTG, Seán Mac D and 2 others like this.
  19. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

It's a good job you won't be watching then, with that prediction.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  20. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Hahaha...Your glass has * all in it never mind being half empty !!!! COYBIG

Wee Baldy likes this.