1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Scottish Cup Final- Celtic V Hearts, Sunday 20th Dec, KO 14:15

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Scotia, Dec 13, 2020.

Discuss Scottish Cup Final- Celtic V Hearts, Sunday 20th Dec, KO 14:15 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Aye so it is! My app usually tells me & it doesnt for this ha.

He starts Turnbull we win, simples!

EDIT - Aye its on BBC aswell :50: Went from thinking I cant watch it to being spoiled for choice.

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    More Soro for me. I think Rogic has also been excellent since he was reintroduced, I’d be happy any of them starting but Soro is an absolute must. He’s turned our midfield into something that you can’t bypass.

Turnbull should 100% start btw, don’t bench that sorta form.

3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    He has been superb mate, I know you love Broony but he should’ve been phased out and played only in certain games a while ago. His type of game was never going to last into his late thirties.

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Should have happened quicker this season for definite, he was still top of his game last season, but at that age we needed to have a Plan B. Soro looks a good plan b, so I don’t know why we never trusted in it and phased him in when it wasn’t critical.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  5. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Exactly my point mate, it’s came to crisis point for that to happen. I’m not saying it’s Brown’s fault as he is a club legend and isn’t going to not play, but we have been screaming for ages that he needs game managed and 3 games a week isn’t that.

Liam Scales likes this.
  6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I think there’s two different thoughts when it comes to this, last season, I thought he was absolutely 100% fine to play 3 games a week and still be top of his game. But, I did think we needed to phase in a replacement because at that age it can drop off in the space of a week.

There was those who were screaming that he couldn’t do that, and we were all probably talking about the same end result to be fair, but I still think he has loads to offer. As long as it’s in the right role. Soro has his place, deservedly so, right now he’s a great option from the bench it’s just down to Lenny using that option properly.

I think we done the same thing to Lustig, he should have been phased out and be a great experienced option from the bench, we hung him out to dry as well. Bit of ruthlessness is required.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  7. davidhannah

The Scottish Cup Final, is a beautiful trophy, the oldest in Scotland, if not the world. Its the best looking trophy in Scotland. Glinting silver steeped in honour and fame. The Celtic greats of generations old such as Larrson, Johnstone, McNeill and McStay have raised the Hampden roof as the Celts go up to lift the Scottish Cup. It's the showpiece of Scottish football. Hampden in the sun. Won by Celtic more than any other football team in Scotland. For we only know that's there's going to be a show and the Glasgow Celtic will be there. Taste it. Feel it. Want it. Win it. Come on Celtic. It takes on even more significance now the Invincible rangers team have been toppled by St Mirren. What a psychological victory the green and white of Glasgow can achieve. Us winning it, we can hurt Tavenier and Co by waving a winners medal in the face of them - while Gerrard continues to harp on from the sidelines. Momentum we so badly need to turn this title on its head. Bring on the season. Bring back the Scottish cup!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    Boruc17 likes this.
  8. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Wonder what kit we will wear for the Final.. New Balance or Adidas.

It is last years Final after all

Westlondonscot likes this.
  9. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Brown 100 percent deserves to list the Scottish cup based on last season however he just does not have if especially conpared with Soro if I was Lennon od start Soro and if were cruising bring Brown on with 15 minutes to go

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I adore Broony, but he doesn’t deserve to start, no matter what he’s done to get us there. He’s not in the form that he’d be the best option for us to finish the job.

11. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I think we really have to do Hearts one now. A 2 nil win looks competent, knock 4 or 5 past them and Rangers will start to worry. We need to make teams scared of us again. Brown didn't start the 2018 league Cup final but he still got to play and lift the trophy.
    Him lifting it with McGregor would probably be a good passing of the torch.

TIART and TheWolf like this.
  12. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Only in Scotland could a known Rangers supporter be allowed to officiate a fixture involving their greatest rival.

TheWolf likes this.
  13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Brown shouldn’t be starting.

When you lose your place in a team you don’t get it back out of sentiment.

Dip 'n' Swerve likes this.
  14. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

Actually, that does sound like a better game plan for Brown, scrap my original one.

15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Winning a Cup at this time of the season, given our start would be a welcome boost..

No to mention never to be repeated history.

16. JamesM09

Soro must start. We need him playing as much as possible now.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  17. Dip 'n' Swerve

Soro plays like Kante - not saying he is at his level, obv we can assess him after another 10 starts for the club - but it he is one of those players who go under appreciated at times, he prefers to sit back and protect the defenders and allow the full backs to get up the pitch. He keeps it simple, and things like getting a foot in etc are important parts of the game - getting nicks, blocks and taking the sting out of opposing attacks.

The blueside do that with davis and Kamara which allows their full backs to get up and create many of their opportunities and chances - after last nights game you would think lennon would watch st mirren and how they broke down them down. Pin their full backs in and they have no plan b it would appear. Hope they drop points before we meet turn the screw this is where experience and season management counts.

I see paddy Roberts could be available I would take all day long he fits into the club.
    Get a solid keeper - fraser or Randolph
    Another centre half and shift ajer to rw means frimp can play higher up the pitch

Hail Hail the season isn't over yet!

18. Dip 'n' Swerve

Brown should be going into the coaching setup - bit part player now and I think he is happy with that he does not expect to start over 75% of the games this season. Soro has came in and saved face - time for team unity, spirit and passion to drive the rest of the season forward. Players need to play for each other, get support from the bench

I like it when subs are made and the players coming off genuinely are giving the players coming on look of passion and team spirit rather than a sulking face - subs should sprint off - small things like that set great examples around the club. I like Ntcham and always looking at the glass half full, but he wont track back or do the 'soro' things when required esp if hanging onto a 1-0 lead. He needs to go.

CroBhoy85 likes this.
  19. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I think Broony should be starting.

He's had a rest, and this he deserves.

We have players who can come in if required.

20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

The exact attitude that’s got us in the position we are in domestically.