1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Football Manager 2020

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by RabS, Oct 31, 2019.

Discuss Football Manager 2020 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I am way out my depth here, the options in this game are staggering, any tips for beginners?

2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Staff Menu > Responsibilities

Many drop down menus within that as well, delegate everything you are unsure of, from training to literally every signing. You can simplify it right down to the point that you literally just pick a formation and a team. Prebuilt formations come with tactics designed to be the basic fit for them.

Then once you get used to the menus a bit more, start to take control of signings, interviews, then training.
    Open the game up slowly to yourself.

Loads of youtube videos out there as well with folk breaking down training regimes and how to use them (surprisingly easier than previous years).

Also, from day one - get yourself setup with 3 formations loaded in to the squad and try keep the intensity away from the red to help the players get familiar with them all. More familiar they are with the setups, the better they are.
    Look also to recent form for each player - the custom menus in squad view can have last match rating, average rating and last 5 games form rating.
    Play as often as you can inform players.

Finally, what every you do, don't do what Lennon does.

Fully87 likes this.
  3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It is pretty overwhelming. I’m only just getting into doing the training and stuff myself, but you don’t even need to.

4. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Encountered a weird bug, can't find Scott brown in my team, not sold him or sent him out on loan. Last time I seen him he halved Mechele from Brugge in two and caused a penalty. After that game he's not been seen since. Checked reserves and under 18 squad still no where to be seen. When a check on the Captaincy page he's still captain, where has he went. Has anyone else had same problem and is there a solution?

5. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Starting to get into the swing of things, got my backroom team handling the complicated stuff. Got a good wee save game going with Celtic, my Heerenveen game was an absolute disaster.

Peej likes this.
  6. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Can we do this in real life?

Fully87 likes this.