1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic 3-2 Lille, Europa League, Thur 10 Dec 2020

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Marty McFly, Dec 6, 2020.

Discuss Celtic 3-2 Lille, Europa League, Thur 10 Dec 2020 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I must confess I did not watch the game last night. I expected a frustrating draw at best, and since poor results keep my brain stuck and unable to shut down for sleep, I only looked at the score report here and there.

It's obvious though, that Turnbull took his chance with both hands and all teeth. We had the mental strength to not crumble after Lille levelled the score in the second half. That is a new thing for us, this season.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  2. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Find a copy online and watch it! It was a great game even for a neutral. As a Celtic fan, you're really going to enjoy it. Definitely worth it!

Gyp Rosetti and Jeannie960 like this.
  3. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I agree with you, totally regarding Eddy and Ntcham; but is Christie really more talented than Turnbull? I'm not sure, mate.

4. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    I actually hate that Duffy now he needs to * off back down to England, the amount of mistakes this guy makes is shocking, even basic defending he fails spectacularly, that header last nigh that he misses and hit his arm is something I'd expect at a under 5s game and somthing iv became use to with him it's a joke that this * is anywhere near our club never mind a starter, and then hes punching the ground and * when we conced doing it for effect, *,
    Thought soro and Turnbull were outstanding last night soros positioning, bite and passing was a joy to watch and somthing we have really missed, turnbull well we all saw last night how good this guy is, both are starters going forward, expect broony to start on sunday with Turnbull coming in for rogic and back to playing side to side football

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Jeannie960 likes this.
  5. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I was on the edge of my seat and having palpitations :56:

Scotia and Random Review like this.
  6. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I loved Soro and Turnbull and I thought Laxalt, Frim and a few others did a really good job too. There was so much energy and drive on that field last night and it was echoes of a good Celtic team all willing to work for one and other with skill and agression. I'm not convinced by Klimala or Ajeti. What the * has gone wrong with Griff? I get the feeling Lennon wouldn't ever play him again if he had ANY other choices even if it cut his nose off to spite his face. Calmac needa to take a rest whether he wants to or not. A fully fit Calmac is a joy to behold. Broony needs to be managed better. Similarly with Rogic who imo is a luxury player at times. Christie need to wise up that he's part of a team. Get shot of the French pretenders. I will be glad to see Jamsie back.

I think that a good settled midfield and forward line could take us far but defensively we still have a few wrinkles to iron out. I honestly don't know if Duffy is a player or not but if this is all he has we need to be getting to the bottom of whose idea it was to sign him! He's coming across as very poor and almost as bad as scheidt signed by KD. Ajer helped with that goal and at times is exciting when he strides forward with the ball. My main gripe is he's one footed and with him it's obvious. Sometimes he looks like he's disengaged his brain. Julien is a big woose but when he's on his game he's good for a goal and at least he looks like he enjoys playing for us.

cas79 likes this.
  7. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    I was raging at Ajeti, came on for 8mins and just shadowed a position he should have chased everything like klimala done for most of the game, it's not like he needed to pace himself, aye the midfield was more dynamic always looking forward I think soro was the main reason for that every ball was a forward pass made the tackle and released it straight away very impressed with him last night Turnbull looked like Christie's earlier celtic career, we all knew how good he is just great to see him perform so well needs more game time and I'd have him in front of rogic defence is still a mess and I have Walsh and ajer with Elhamed and laxy running the flanks frimpong although decent defensively last night just isnt good enough in that position overall, striker is an issue still for me with edd playing so poor klimala not scoring Ajeti looking not interested and griff * knows what's happened to him we are weak up top, was good to see that we have a team there just needs beter management imo

Jeannie960 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  8. honda Gold Member Gold Member

The young boys are gonna carry us to the 10. First win of many more to come. Changing of the old guard always takes an inspirational moment. That was it. HERE WE GO!!!!

Jeannie960 and cas79 like this.
  9. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    I wish I had your confidence mate, but with lennon still there I'm expecting us to go back to the old guard and dropping points

10. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Frimpong just needs coaching and bulking up. He's too easily nudged off the ball and is a headless chicken at times. He shows a lot of prospect though. He can run all day and isn't afraid to get into a tackle. Gets himself back up and carries on. He just needs what I said above. I don't think that it would be too hard to coach him into playing better.

This is the thing players need coaching! Is the job too big for this management team? Too many personalities, different skillsets all needing developed. When you stand on the outside looking in you realize that it really is a huge job and a management team needs to be up to it. Question is would it have been any different if Lenny had his own backroom team?

Pound to a penny PL will sack Lenny and promote Kennedy et, al rinse, repeat and we all go around again.

cas79 likes this.
  11. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Until Sunday at least :56:

Games on again at 2pm

cas79 likes this.
  12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I'm riding my new wave of optimism until its crushed :56:

johnboy19, Jeannie960 and cas79 like this.
  13. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    100% you can see he has ability to spare still young and is his first full season as a starter but he does have a bit to go positional and defence is a major flaw still, i think he does ok to ride the challenges but yeah I'd like him to bulk up a bit you see the difference in klimalas frame no reason why frimpong cant do the same,

Well that's the thing is the current set up going to improve these guys I personally see a regression in most of the team something still isnt right, I think last night showed that more any other game this season like I said before there is a team there just not being guided correctly,

Jeannie960 likes this.
  14. celtic warrior

Frimpong is being overused as our everything down the right side, he more than anyone, is probably missing Forrest the most.

When Frimpong is has an out to a guy like Forrest he's far more effective, he's deceptive as well because when on form and not overused he's definitely got a fighting spirit in him and decent at holding the ball despite his stature.

His debut against sevco should be evident of that within him, plenty of times there was two players trying to get at him and he'd fight and wrestle out of it and break away from them.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Ffs this place is worse than a morgue. That game with fans would have been * bouncing. Youd think we lost again. Negative Nancy's are out in force keeping the spirit of belief down this christmas.

Well I'm putting it out there. We will win the 10 now. Quote me and come suck me off for being right again in the summer.

johnboy19 likes this.
  16. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    I'll go as far a quoting you, and I hope it's followed by you called it ma man on for 11

17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Hope you've readied your lips.

cas79 likes this.
  18. Conor tierney

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Can we all agree that Ajeti is absolutely *. Between him and barkas we spent 10mil ffs. Lad can’t run to save himself and he dives all over the place like a little girl. Two of them should get to * in January. Soro and turnbull were absolutely Magnificat. I love brown but he should be nowhere near the team with these two. Henderson showed some great control and composure too he’ll be taking calmac spot if he doesn’t cop on to himself

19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Nope we can not agree. Play him with 2 up top and he will score barrels. The other striker can do the pressing while he proudly prouls around like a peacock scoring for fun.

Dip 'n' Swerve likes this.
  20. Conor tierney

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    So you would start him in your starting 11 Sunday? I think that would be mental. He can finish ok but offer * all else