1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic 3-2 Lille, Europa League, Thur 10 Dec 2020

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Marty McFly, Dec 6, 2020.

Discuss Celtic 3-2 Lille, Europa League, Thur 10 Dec 2020 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. seanm

3 1 to lille if we are lucky.players arent playing for lennon. *, GTF.HH

2. seanm

yep.HH

3. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Come on the Celts the fightback starts tonight .......

4. StevieBhoooy!

I’d rather watch a live stream of the protests.
    My usual single option is the gloating huns on radio Scotland who will be desperate for a home side pumping.... so will check who’s commentating first.

No result changes anything going forwards.

theweeman likes this.
  5. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Just hoping for a few fringe players to stake a claim tonight and no injuries.

Suppose a win in the group would be nice but can't see it tbh.

6. mayo

I don’t know when’s the last time I’ve gave as little * about a game. Tonight should of been battling it out for qualification. Someone wake me up from this nightmare.

7. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Game starts 2am for me..
    So my choice is get a good night's stress free kip or join the band of suffering fans who will watch the game in the hope that miracles still happen in Scotland.

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Makes announcement he is giving the "squad a chance"
    Queue Turnbull and Griffith's starting only to be subbed for brown and Édouard by 57th minute (to prove he can make a sub early) and an inevitable defeat regardless.

Just like the first time he dropped brown, he will throw the players (other than brown) under the bus and refuse to change it too much again.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

9. Lecs

I thought we actually played our best football this season against Lille in the 2-2 game, they are a cut above anybody we've played so far and we took the game to them for about 60 odd minutes.

At 2-0, Lennon should have just * thrown on defensive players and saw it out.

I assume we will go back to playing our usual dreadful way and Lille will be wanting to win so I think they will skelp us.

I'll say 5-1 to them. The usual * line up as well. I'll be shocked if we see Turnbull, Soro etc starting.

10. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    It'll be Masterchef for this bear. :41:

Free the Adblock and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  11. Dip 'n' Swerve

Is Scott Sinclair starting tonight.. Scott Sinclair is more direct than Moi, he gets himself into better scoring opportunities, Moi is a terrible winger and cannot play up top or in the hole - I wouldn't sign him at all. Sinclair would have still got a few games fs.

Anyword on how close Mikey J is close to coming into the fray, hopefully he has wised up and learnt his lesson trying to think he know best.

What about Luca Connell, is he even getting a sniff and training with the first team?

Hopefully tonight is that start of much needed team building which should have been carried out 2 years ago...

Wants:
    Turnbull to do well and come into his own the rest of the season, let us see what Soro is about
    Ship on Ntcham, Ajer?, Christie, Eddie, Duffy and Moi back to their respective clubs - all in the summer
    Griff to start more the same as last Jan and go on a run
    The darkside to get a shock lose or draw a few take them off their peg - cocky *! Something to give us some hope to go on a run - but the next game against them is a serious 6 pointer.
    Bring in a GK, central defender, rb and box to box midfielder in Jan

A win tonight would be good - keep a clean sheet!

A mask to hide Lennon's bake - the guy has no charisma or charm cant see any players wanting to run through a wall for him.

12. James Gold Member Gold Member

Is Ralston in the pool for tonight?

SwissCelt likes this.
  13. Dip 'n' Swerve

I hear ya, but what happens then - who takes over? who provides stability ? who makes key decisions ? esp during the current climate.. lennon out asap... make plans for lawell to go within 12 months.. as for desmond if he pulls out what happens then ? I think get a strong minded manager who can coach and steady the ship with a 18-24 month plan to make their stamp on the team.

14. Dip 'n' Swerve

like ntcham who is wanking with his Lazio top on, Ralston is still bathing in his Neymar pool of sweat.

15. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Barkas
    Elhamed Duffy Jullien Taylor
    Soro
    Turnbull McGregor
    Frimpong Klimala Elyounoussi​

Probably a mix of giving folk a runout and keeping the team consistent. Team also allows Lennon to drop into his favourite formation of 3-6-1

16. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I said 5 or 6 goals, we have not conceded that amount in a single game in Europe this season. Maybe you have difficulty understanding numbers or you're just a silly *. Probably a bit of both.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Weve been this pish this season, thank * we never made the champions league anyway. Gonna enjoy this like a training game having a look at soro.

18. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    He was only giving his opinion mate. Point is if our supposed strongest 11 can ship 8 goals in two games against a Sparta Prague B team then they’re more than capable of conceding 5 against a team that’s 2 points short of PSG in Ligue 1. It’s our only meaningless game til the end of the season, we might as well give the lesser seen guys a go.

19. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

alanpartridgeshouldershrug.gif

Seán Mac D likes this.
  20. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    What a difference a year makes, this time last year we were talking about playing a second string in our last europa league match as not only had we qualified but we’d actually won the group with a game to spare, this year were talking about playing a second string , cause we are finishing bottom and it’s immaterial, a think because we could end up having the worst europa league group goals in the history of the tournament that he will play what he deems to be our strongest team

used to get up for my working From home shift kinda looking forward to the night if Celtic were playing, noo it actually makes me feel depressed at the thought of it

Diamond D likes this.