1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Celtic Trust - Fan Ownership/Representation

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Seán Mac D, Dec 5, 2020.

Discuss The Celtic Trust - Fan Ownership/Representation in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Aye or even create a separate thread about the protest and sticky it to raise awareness between now and Sunday

Seán Mac D and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Mind bring yer guns. :fear:

callumrae1967 likes this.
  3. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    No doubt mate.. your absolutely correct they want to keep the old firm tag alive, its good for business.. A part of me kind of begrudgingly agrees that we need them for completion, look at the attendances when they were liquidated.. but once its above board and we stay ahead of them..I quite enjoyed smashing the * on a regular basis. Dont get me wrong if I never seen another hun in my life id be happy too..

What I'm trying to say is the scum are going nowhere so I'd rather we focus on what we can do to stay clear of them and continue to smash them on the pitch.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  4. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Just to add ill probably be signing up just to get it up the rest of the board..

5. TheHappyLoss

Me too

6. JamesM09

No I’m Spartacus!

In all seriousness, I’ll be there too.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

As I suspected, we definitely have a route to affect change if everyone can get behind the trust and proxy their vote.

Screenshot_20201210_083623.jpg

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Another 27k will get them to 25%?

I was under the impression their holding was very very small going by other tweets that have been out out?
    Or is the value of those shares by other holders worth different values?

It's certainly moving, in a week (give or take) theyve doubled their shares owned than in all of the last 20 years, that's some movement and I reckon only touching the surface of who will get involved as this month goes on now

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

10. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Positive news.

However with 95,000,000 ordinary shares in existence, it’s barely a drop in the ocean.

I assume they’re hoping to get someone/several individuals on side that have serious financial power, along with those 27,000 individuals

upload_2020-12-10_9-7-42.jpeg

Seán Mac D likes this.
  11. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

upload_2020-12-10_9-26-39.jpeg

upload_2020-12-10_9-26-55.jpeg

seanm likes this.
  12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Nah, their share holding of 15,000 only equates to 0.01% if I remember rightly.

What they're saying is that 27,000 supporters own shares which collectively are 25% of the company, so if we can mobilise as a group and they proxy their votes in conjunction with a continued push in membership then we could still wield power.

Peej likes this.
  13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Gotcha.

Yeah I imagine a large part of that 27k will be guys with a handful or just one or two shares that will be more than happy to proxy over their vote. Hopefully they do, every little helps.

But better will be the few within who will actually hold a noticeable amount. If they aren't on the board at this stage, can only assume wealthy fans with a sentimental attachment (I can hope), here's hoping someone at the trust is able to reach out and convince them.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It's got to be the aim.

In comparison, Desmond currently owns 30% and wields incredible power; including that to decide in a huddle at Hampden who our next manager should be.

Getting proxies on board will be crucial and there is little reason not to if you're a disgruntled supporter and shareholder. You still keep all your dividends (if you take one), you still own the shares outright and can withdraw the right to proxy at any time.

When we're up against big individual holders and Capital Investment firms that are directing the PLC, which in turn directs the Football Club we love, the only way we can change that course is by collectivising. In the same way Trade Unions work, we need to organise and get our voices held loudly and clearly.

At the moment the 27,000 can't be heard over the chinking of champagne flutes and "Hooray Henrys"

Peej likes this.
  15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Yeah, must surely get behind this.

I'm now wondering if there is more benefit to the trust and/or me to buy a few shares and proxy it, or just donate/sub at a smaller more consistent value.

16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Whichever suits you best tbh mate.

I do always vote on my shares and try to make it to AGMs If I can but I will probably proxy them over in the next few weeks to the Trust in addition to my £10 a month membership.

Anyone looking to purchase their own shares, then I'm sure there's a thread on here somewhere. Degiro is the account I use to hold them.

Peej likes this.
  17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Yeah the easier option is likely the sub, buying shares myself would be a whole new adventure for me.

18. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Does everything need a 2/3rds majority to pass at board level?

If so, you would probably need the bottom two names (on the list above) on side as a minimum? Along with a large majority backing from the 25% of shares held individually. And that’s just to block things, not pass them.

I don’t mean to come across as a negative/grumpy * (that I am), genuinely curious

19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Not everything no.

An ordinary resolution requires only a majority vote, so 50%+1 vote.

Some special resolutions require 75% of the vote.

We won't get a big say on things overnight but we have to start somewhere and we do wield a lot more power than some think.

Acts of corporate sabotage that supporters are proposing like ST refunds, merch boycotts, possible ST boycotts or delays next season could all impact not only our working capital but dividends and share price further down the line.

Lawwell is in the position he is because he protects those 2 things above all else, so if that begins to change then they won't be allowed to just pretend it isn't happening, he will be made to answer to shareholders concerns (some of whom look purely at the bottom line and have zero emotional investment in the success of the Football Club)

The massive advantage of putting our weight behind the Trust is that Low is a shrewd operator and knows all these procedures and processes that the layman supporter doesn't and has no interest in knowing.

I would hazard a guess that most individuals that bought shares in 90s are the equivalent of sleeping investors who don't vote and don't take their dividends. The problem we have though is that while they're sleeping, the ones awake are railroading through their own agendas.

20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

It's good to see the Trust active again, it has to be the way forward. We have to have a say in how our club is run..

As I said I've started a few threads on Fan Ownership, or even proper representation on the board..its a disgrace we never have.

I was mostly shot down, I guess most were happy as we were totally dominating.

And the success we have had has been an amazing achievement, hopefully a quadruple treble secured later this month.. We've created history and the board deserve credit for their part in that.

Mainly due to the appointment of Rodgers and the mentality he brought to the club. With albeit terrible recruitment and no sound sustainable footballing structure in place.

We've regressed so much- yes, we have the trophies, records and history of that period but unforgivabllly are now faced with a massive rebuild. This is negligence, gross negligence.

Through history Celtic have never built from positions of real strength, the end of the Stein era, after the Centenary, Wim Jansen, Martin O'Neil and now after Rodgers and a 4yr whitewash of Scottish Football..

Content to gamble on just being ahead of the Huns. No structure, vision or plan.

Heartbreaking and unacceptable, Ten in a row looks all but gone but the board continue with a manager who needs a miracle to turn it around. What, just to belligerently spite fans who have paid out fortunes and have legitimately organised protests. Nah..

It's time, to take control of our club. For the first time in our history.

Sack the board, back the Trust