1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Football Manager 2021

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Peej, Nov 9, 2020.

Discuss Football Manager 2021 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Started a save with Heerenveen in Holland, done really well with them in the 2013 version. Going in blind here practically. I'll keep things simple, a 442 attacking formation. Lets see how things go.

2. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    First meeting with the lads to introduce myself, it ended with the full squad being angry with me. And then we got pumped of some frog outfit Sochaux 4 nil. * it, it's only pre season am sure the players will put a shift in when the season starts.

3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Carnage an hour into the job :giggle1:

Fully87 likes this.
  4. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    just a pre season blip, nothing to worry about.

MacEwan likes this.
  5. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Narrowly won the League with 94 points to Rangers' 90. Had a good record against the majority, but Rangers beat me in 4/6 derbies which isn't great. Just couldn't find something that worked against them.

Rangers were awarded 19 penalties during the season, 7 more than any other side.

Seosamh Máirtín and Fully87 like this.
  6. LM67

January of season 3 and top of the league, although not played that many league games due to the Qatar WC.

Beat Rangers 4-1 in League Cup final, and won our CL group. Our reward is a last 16 tie with Barca!

No transfers in or out in Jan

7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Anyone else finding work permits to be a pain in the hole this year?

8. LM67

Aye it makes it really tough to sign the players you usually would for Celtic - young guys from the more obscure leagues. Basically need to get all your wonderkids in the first window!

Makes it very difficult to have foreign home grown players which screws up the european registration.

9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Had a boy Natan on loan from Flamengo for 2 seasons, no issues. 3rd season deal wrapped up and the work permit is rejected. Annoying.

10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Got demari grey for 1.8 million Rodger listed him and was feeling generous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Any of you played the xbox version of this? Thinking of getting it for my son and looking to find out if it's a lot different/worse than the pc version.

12. LM67

Season 3 was another good one, although would have liked to have gone a bit further in the CL.

1A7A0133-2B8F-49E6-8C49-350D671684E9.png

A0E3D57B-FA18-45CF-8612-94BCA60457E6.png

We beat Barca 3-2 on agg in the last 16 before being handed a tie against the team who knocked us out last year - Man Utd. They’d added Neymar and Haaland to their ranks, and comfortably beat us 6-2 on agg. Winning the CL with Celtic in FM21 isn’t going to be easy!

Some very impressive performers again this season, with most of our attacking players chipping in with plenty of goals and assists:

8CC53BA8-B329-418E-A19F-29098E488D87.png
    39A6E765-3800-4F6D-8B1C-380BFEEC8F72.png

Again not a great deal planned for the Summer transfer window. Rabello wants to go so will try and shift him and bring in someone younger. Bain is only really useful for Euro squad registration so will look to bring in a keeper who can challenge Livakovic. Attacking wise we are set - would maybe add some back-up but doubt we can improve on our starters too much.

The priority this window is left back. Gallardo is approaching 30 and starting to decline. If we can shift him then I may splash out on a big signing who will sort us out long term.

13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Pretty good less league to pick from pick upto five but still has all the data coefficient built in
    I would suggest to push ls in to activate cursor to make it much better to play

14. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Cool mate cheers. Can you still do your own tactics and that?

15. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Yes

16. LM67

Season 4 Summer transfer window done.

Outs:

Igor Rabello - Man City - £10m

Jesus Gallardo - Burnley - £8m

Ins:

Nuno Mendes - Sporting Lisbon - £33m

Denys Popov - Dynamo Kyiv - £15m

Eddie Nketiah - Free

Paul Bernardoni - Free

Said we’d maybe need to spend big to get a quality left back and we certainly did that! He looks immense, our new left back for the rest of the save.

Popov looks like a steal at that price. Nketiah and Bernardoni brought into provide quality back-up.

Our squad is now looking incredibly strong.

GK - Livakovic, Bernardoni, Bain

CB - Onguene, Ajer, Badiashille, Popov

Fullbacks - Frimpong, Mendes, Muldur, Taylor

CM - Koopmeiners, Ugarte, McGregor, Turnbull, Chukwuani

Wingers/Attacking mids - Almada, Barrow, Neres, Tsygankov, Bergwijn, Dembele, Fischer

ST - Edouard, Daka, Nketiah

In the CL we’ve been drawn with PSG, Sevilla and Zagreb.

17. Mr. Slippyfist

Started a save unemployed last night.

Got offered the Stoke job in December after they sacked Michael O’Neill with the club sitting bottom of the league.

The remainder of the season was a nightmare. Hugely over bloated squad that would not respond to praise, nor belittling. All they did was moan about the position and moan about my team talks. That wee * Joe Allen was the instigator of it all, fairly confident he was sabotaging my team during matches too!

anyway, brought in a couple of youngsters from the reserves, pretty much got pumped every game defence shocking, 2 games left of the season managed to draw the second last one then board threatening to sack me if I lost last game and got relegated. Ended up beating 5th placed Notting Forest 0-1 at their ground to stay up. Delighted

Almost a full squad clear out, replaced with bowman signings (managed to save up £3m from player sales and spinner it on Joe Aribo lol).

10 games into new season unbeaten sitting 3rd in league playing beautiful free flowing fitba - Ross Stewart from Ross County banging them in for me, what a guy!

Peej likes this.
  18. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Loving this game, however it’s taking me ages to get scout reports in.

I do scout a lot, particularly guys from under 19-21 national teams and so they are already fairly unknown, but I’m in December and guys I scouted at the start of the game are still nowhere near full knowledge.

I have 8 scouts all at a decent level.

19. LM67

January window in season 4 closed - no ins or outs.

We are going well in the league again but so are Rangers so there’s only a few points in it. In the League Cup we once again played them in the final, and we needed a late goal in normal time, and then again in extra time, to take the game to penalties. Luckily we got the job done. It’s only taken 4 seasons but they are finally starting to give us a game.

We were really good in the CL group stage, beating Zagreb twice, Sevilla at home and drawing with them away, home draw with PSG and a brilliant 3-0 away win in in Paris. We topped the Group and got what looks like a good draw in the Last 16 - Lazio.

20. Mr. Slippyfist

Is there any particular reason why players are such moany little * in this game?

the first bit of criticism they get in a post-match team talk (after which they were well-beaten by a * team may I add!) they are al crying and getting together moaning to the board and then causing player revolts because they’re unhappy with my team talks.

Little *, told them all to * up and get on with their jobs or I’ll sell each and every last one of them.

can’t buy a win for love nor money now but * them I’ll take the sack to prove a point :56::56::56::56: