1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I’ve lost any ounce of respect I had for him, hanging around like a bad smell awaiting his compensation. Celtic man my *.

neilly1987 and Moore like this.
  2. SkyeCelt

If Lennon doesn't go soon his reputation will be forever tainted. He could just about recover in my eyes and I'm sure in the eyes of a lot of fans if he came out tomorrow and said he isn't the man to take Celtic forward and that he is stepping aside to give the club a chance to win the league.

3. Jordan MacGregor

Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I forgot about that! That would explain a lot btw...

Peej and Moore like this.
  4. James Gold Member Gold Member

So your defence of Neil Lennon is that he has signed * and not removed and ageing captain ?

This is what I mean it genuinely baffles me within a post you said he deserves respect then put forward evidence to get rid

5. Real Tim

6. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Real Tim, member since Thursday....aye very good! Removed by Staff.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2020
    jimbobers likes this.
  7. Crilly

Can people on here please stop with all this “hun behaviour” * man? Honestly usually when people have different opinions on here it’s “Hunnish” grow up man. As a fan yourself you surely must realise the passion fans feel for this club and right now the pain they are feeling from this club. Yeah there’s gonna be certain actions etc or certain chants that you and I may not agree with but ye can’t say hun behaviour at stuff like that imo. Could easily flip the switch then and say such hun behaviour from Lennon. No true Celt would be so arrogant and disrespectful to the players, the club and the fans which make this club so great by throwing people under the bus after his own mistakes, snide remarks towards fans after reactions to poor form, and knowing he’s out of his depth and failing everyone but sticking it out for the payoff. Fans are 100% right to protest as the club, players and manager have been failing us the majority of the season with no signs of change. The chant may be harsh but it’s fans reaction to the actions or lack there of from Lennon and the board and overall the disrespect considering everything the fans have done for them. So it’s not hun behaviour man.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  8. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

It’s already tainted IMO. He should have walked after the 4-1 home loss in Europe.

littlekennie likes this.
  9. Dubliner1

James - The respect he deserves is that Celtic fans should not be on social media, etc and outside our stadium spouting abuse at him. He deserves a lot more than that.

cat123, Mince.Charming and wanmadtim like this.
  10. murphy88

The fans deserve a lot better as well.

thailandceltic, Crilly, Peej and 2 others like this.
  11. James Gold Member Gold Member

So we should all sit on our hands and accept the mediocrity we are being served 2 wins in 10 soon to be 11, 4 home defeats on the trot for the first time in 62 years. So please spare me the poor Lenny * he is a failing manager who evidently knows he is failing and is treating the support with utter contempt by remaining in his position and yes I fully accept at this point the board are also well in the firing line for him still being here but I do believe Peter Lawwell is also 'a celtic man' but bizarrely enough nobody seems fussed about the abuse he is getting

12. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Agree with that mate, but if he’s a fiery manager that tells the players they are underperforming, they obviously aren’t * listening to him this time around

I honestly didn’t get as bothered in the 90s as a do now cause I genuinely thought guys like Tosh McKinley, Peter Grant and the likes gave 100% , the Huns just had better players but nearly every player oot their has proved before that they are aw mostly international talented players but genuinely look as if they don’t give a flying *, even if they know like we all do Lennon isn’t the man they think should be the manager, they should at least still be doing their jobs as highly paid professional football players and putting in a * good shift for the fans

The only time they’ve put in a decent * shift is making the wee Christmas advert s, Lennon included, * beyond embarrassing

13. shaw1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone / Let the people sing

I would actually give him that much more respect if only he were to show the fans the same respect, hold his hands up and say he got this wrong, took responsibility and walked. Then he would receive the respect he would in turn deserve. Instead he is waiting for a final pay day throwing 2 fingers up at the fans

14. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    He thinks everything is fine though & so does the board. Why? Cause weve not been in the stands giving them dogs abuse. Neil Lennon deserves no respect, sitting there waiting to be paid off.

SuperZidane and neilly1987 like this.
  15. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Rumours doing the rounds is he’s sacked and board are waiting to inform stock exchange ? Dunno how true that is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Maestro 08

How else do you get sacked. Non immediate effect.

17. shaw1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone / Let the people sing
    Garden leave.

18. Real Tim

Recruitment has been abysmal it was the same under the snake your lucky if you get one good player in every 10 signings that is not the managers fault he has no say who we sign it’s all down to red coupon Lawwell. He runs the club like a dictator he is almighty if you * with him your out that’s why we won’t get anyone decent as that * has to much control over the club, so * off lawwell you have been there to long we need fresh ideas to get out of the * we are in.

cat123 and Martybhoy53 like this.
  19. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    He played with 2 recognised strikers Today v probably the worst Team in our league who were minus half a team yet Ross county hardly came out of second gear and had more shots on target than we did

granted we should’ve played a striker v ferencvaros, but everyone being saying “ play 1 striker play 2 striker s, bring in Rogic, drop Duffy, drop Barkas Etc etc, all of that has been tried and we’ve still been absolutely *

so it’s far deeper than just getting the starting 11 correct

20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Hear this line regarding transfer dealings and the likes, that we can't announce anything till we tell the stock exchange/shares or something.

Never too sure on the merits of it, plenty has been announced over the years outwith normal "business hours".

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk