1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I’ve actually started actively avoid hearing what he has to say, particularly his post match comments.

I don’t think I’ve ever done that before. It’s just incredible demoralising when you realise that he’s unwilling or unable to recognise the real issue, and paints fans that have legitimate complaints as spoiled, and even part of the problem.

2. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Stopped watching these press conferences altogether now, there’s only so much fury/shame/embarrassment I can take

3. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I’m designing it on Monday!

Markybhoy and Jeannie960 like this.
  4. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    My mrs sells sentsy if you need an ambience through smell!

5. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Hope they put a big massive mirror in it so the players can have right good fecking look at themselves

Ewang83, blackfish and Jeannie960 like this.
  6. seanm

this * would definately wreck your head sometimes.HH

Moore likes this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NEIL Lennon last night insisted the Celtic squad remains united despite their disappointing run of results and expressed confidence he can both end their slump in form and survive as manager at Parkhead.

Lennon has been publicly critical of his players as they have fallen 11 points behind Rangers, who have played two games more, in the Premiership and seen their chances of progressing in the Europa League end after four games.

There have been renewed calls from disgruntled supporters for the 49-year-old to be sacked this week in the wake of the 4-1 defeat to Sparta Prague in the Czech Republic on Thursday night.

However, the Northern Irishman, whose team take on Ross County at Parkhead in the second round of the Betfred Cup this afternoon, believes his players remain firmly behind him and has backed them to recover and enjoy a successful season.

“I’ve no reason not to believe we won’t go on a run,” he said. “In the 20 years I’ve been here I’ve made a positive impact on the club whether that’s as a player or a manager. The group want success for the fans, for themselves and for me. We’re absolutely united.

“There was no ranting or raving on Thursday night. We were just talking coldly on how we can find solutions to this lack of confidence at the minute. They don’t become bad players because they’ve not won a few games and they don’t become brilliant players when they go on an unbelievable run. You have to keep a sense of perspective.

“This is a good team and I believe they can turn it around. I go back to perspective - we have lost one game in the league this year and if we didn't commit silly decision-making we'd be a lot better off. Anyway, we are where we are, we have a lot of work to do, but it's one that we are looking forward to and going to enjoy.

“We haven’t lost anything yet. We’ve lost out on progressing in Europe, but we haven’t lost out on the league or cups. We know the last few games have not been good enough for the standards and the demands of the club and supporters. There’s only one way you can go – you can feel sorry for yourself or you galvanise yourselves which is what we’re trying to do.”

Lennon believes the importance of the 2020/21 campaign – Celtic can make Scottish football history by becoming the first club ever to win 10 consecutive Scottish titles – has meant the fallout to the draws and defeats his team has suffered has been more extreme than usual.

The manager, who has won all four domestic trophies his side has been involved in since replacing Brendan Rodgers as manager in February last year and has a chance to complete a fourth consecutive treble in the Scottish Cup final against Hearts next month, confessed he has questioned whether he has the ability to turn the situation around.

However, the former midfielder has recalled how he bounced back from embarrassing losses and potentially costly slumps in his first spell in charge and is adamant he can weather the current storm and do so once again.

“I've been in this position before,” he said. “I think the hysteria and criticism is a lot worse this time round, I don't know why. Maybe it's just the expectation, the significance of the season.

“You look at what you believe in. You have to be honest with yourself and ask: 'Is this working? Are you good enough? Have you got the tactical nous?’. Now down the line, I’ve won plenty of trophies, I’ve won a promotion, I’ve had a really difficult time in six months at Bolton which is well worse than anything I’ve experienced here. Again it makes you more rounded and gives you a sense of perspective.

"I go back to my second season as manager. You can think about the Kilmarnock game (Celtic drew 3-3 at Rugby Park after trailing 3-0 at half-time) but even before that we had lost three games.

“The start we had was worse than this season, a lot worse. We had gone out of Europe and three of the first 10 games were draws as well and we were a long way behind. So you look at it. Are you doing the right things? Do you believe in the process of what you are doing and your philosophy and then we turned it around. That was a good team.”

Lennon’s future has dominated the back pages of newspapers, radio phone-ins, internet message boards and social media outlets in recent days. He has been through it all before both as a player and a manager and expected nothing less. He is simply focusing on improving his team’s displays and knows that if he can do so the clamour for his removal will die down.

"Nothing shocks me, nothing surprises you at times in football,” he said. “I don't expect to be cut any slack from anybody, I don't ask for it. A little bit more respect wouldn't go amiss, but that's on other people, that's not on me. I act in a professional, dignified manner, whether we win or lose. I don't expect to be given any plaudits, if and when we turn it around.

"I am pretty sane anyway, but it's something you learn as you go on and you always prepare yourself for eventualities - a bad run, losing a big game, losing a derby. You prepare yourself in case that happens. I've got a few coping mechanisms. The flip side is you don't get overboard when you win and you are successful. I have kept a calm view on things.

"Do I enjoy it? Yeah, I enjoy it all. I enjoy the good times. I don't enjoy the bad times as much and the criticism, but you take it and the challenge is to come through it and when you come out the other side you get a huge sense of satisfaction. At the minute, I have to get myself, the club and the players out the other side of this.”

8. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    I'm fed up saying if he loses the next game he's gone. If he loses tomorrow he'll blame everyone and everything else. Then he'll get the backing to continue on to next weekend and we'll find ourselves in the same predicament again.

Crilly and RiquelmeCSC like this.
  9. oh bhoy

get to * lennon ,still talking when he should be walking

Crilly and Noskeil like this.
  10. scootz

Nah - its all over if we lose tomorrow.

Ewang83 and JamesM09 like this.
  11. freitassen

There is no way we are going to lose tomorrow to a semi pro football team made up of sheep herders.

Eventually, when we get our third win out of the last 10 games against a crap SPFL team that there is absolutely no merit in beating, Neil Lennon is going to throw his victory parade, brag about it, show how this proves he is genius and move on, until the point we play against a professional decent football team coached by a non-idiot again and inevitably lose.

12. JamesM09

Every comment he makes I lose more faith in him. He just comes across so disrespectful.

He’s completely out of touch. He's got to go even if he wins this league.

Crilly likes this.
  13. Sydneysider

They would probably demand separate ones, so they could admire their physiques like (other) bludger twats do all day in fitness centres

Wee Baldy likes this.
  14. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    He clearly doesn't have a scooby how to fix our issues and is just hitting out with every excuse under the sun.

Twisty and JamesM09 like this.
  15. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Griff can admire his rapidly growing belly and double chin.

Sydneysider likes this.
  16. Markybhoy

You better make it good! If we don't do 10IAR I will no longer blame Neil Lennon or Peter Lawwell. Its all on you now. No pressure....

17. Sydneysider

Lennons Lions Lounge : designed by Blackfish ? wot ! couldnt we get a decent designer from Europe ?.

The fact that the Club are actually talking about crap like this during the worst assault on humanity thanks to the Wuhan Clan is astonishing.

As far as Im concerned the SFA can void the season now, Ive seen enough.

18. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I’m a Celtic man.

I’m the cheap option and a yes man and a puppet.

I’m tactically naive and have lost the drawings for the dressing room.

I got the Bolton lounge all wrong and they got relegated.

I left the Hibs Velux windows under a cloud.

I stepped in at Celtic after Brendanio Rodgetino * off and took the entire layout plans with him and only left behind guys who are colour blind.

I have no idea what my best design is.

I keep dropping silly dimensions.

etc etc

MJ9 likes this.
  19. Sydneysider

Youre in ! I like the cut of your jib

blackfish likes this.
  20. Bazza Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Its a grand old team to play for