1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Can’t stress enough how much this goes beyond the players just lacking a bit of confidence.

We’re very poorly organised. We lack the creativity and incisiveness to break teams down. We are useless at attacking set plays, and extremely vulnerable in defending them. The midfield is disjointed offering little in the way of protection at the back or support in attack.

Confidence might be contributing to our lack of creativity, but it’s largely a by-product of the other issues.

Giving the players a chaise longue, a ps5 and a vending machine isn’t going to fix this.

2. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Why is he havering about when he was at Leicester, when he was at Bolton, and when he was at Crewe!! ffs, Crewe when he was a teenager!!

Honestly. We didn't ask to read your * diary Neil.

Blethering. Just blethering nonsense. I can't take this.

The_Bhoy, RiquelmeCSC, Moore and 4 others like this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Calamity Neil

5. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    * psychologist...he may stop by the managers office and stay there all day.. Lennon really has turned into an utter * clown.. sad to see

6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Thinking about this new lounge thing. What an idea. Not only can they be forced to talk with each other, we can sit them in there setup shape. The 4 defenders can sit in a line. Itll teach them to hold shape unconsciously. Well in Neil.

wee green dug likes this.
  7. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Sad to see a man who I’ve a lot of respect for struggling like this. It gets worse for him each time he goes in front of the cameras.
    What other club would allow this to happen? We are a * laughing stock just now.

wanmadtim, Sgt Neppers*, Jhaf and 8 others like this.
  8. john2061

It's not rocket science you spend hours each day on the training pitch with your defenders hitting balls into the box maybe Griff could do that not * Christie .
    You get your best back four and drill them on the training pitch to keep a shape and come out together when necessary .
    Don't know what's getting done at lennoxtown but it's not * doing drills on defending and it might help if you can keep the same back four for a good few games .

Jeannie960 and thailandceltic like this.
  9. SuperZidane

A
    Absolutely - that press conference pretty much sums up why we are in the state we are in. I simply can't bear to listen to Lennon's BS any more and I have nothing but contempt for DD/PL.

The disrespect for the fans beggars belief - now they have this season's season ticket money.

We are indeed a laughing stock. I only hope that people remember this and hold back on future tickets, club merchandise etc. I love the club but they are just * down our backs and telling us its raining.

StevieBhoooy! and thailandceltic like this.
  10. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I can't listen to him anymore he blames anyone and everything apart from himself .
    Our football from the start of the season has been abysmal , i can't remember a game where i knew which formation we have been playing the players are all over the place .
    We look unfit in every game the tactics and team selections are just baffling and dont get me started on subs.
    All of that is down to Lenny and if he and the board keep sticking there heads in the sand we are fkd

thailandceltic and Jeannie960 like this.
  11. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    ....* Me! What a ridder, no wonder everybody looks like they dont want to play for us. Fukin shrink forced upon them.

12. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I've been thinking about this. So what form of therapy is on offer here? I'm assuming that most big organisations have a moral responsibility to look after their staffs mental wellbeing during this pandemic. It makes sense if you want to keep folk relaxed and in the work place. For some it's a responsibility that they take seriously by providing opportunities for their staff to take some time out to relax or offering comfort spaces like wellbeing hubs. I know that my employers are doing that. Drop into this place of that place for a coffee and chat (socially distanced of course), pampering sessions etc. I would find it difficult to get to any of them given I live off the beaten track. But my point is are these players having one on one help or is it sessions on how to nurture positive thinking/feel/think (I suspect not). Have the club just made a psychologist available to those that might need one during these times (playing lip service to moral responsibility?). It's all rather vague and just like a statement being thrown out there to say "Hey look we're doing everything we can to foster a winning mentality".

13. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Well I have hit that turning point. I now Hate Neil Lennon

14. StevieBhoooy!

You’ve got to wonder though if the Celtic top brass bother to watch these interviews and press statements..

If they do... then they should see a serious issue without even considering the team form.

The most ‘jargon numb’ and least ‘sound bite savvy’ supporters could spot he’s drowning in his own verbal Pish.

Lawwell and co. Plc are either not watching NLs onscreen embarrassments ..

.... Don’t see a problem.

or... do know there’s an issue but have no dilution and are ignoring. (They have all the ST money after all and the cash difference between 1st and 2nd in the league isn’t going to be a season breaker)

The high-ups are either oblivious through ignorance or neglect ... either is a dereliction of their duty towards both shareholders and fans.

Just as you think the whole situation couldn’t get any more grace and farcical ...

.... it gets even more grave and even more farcical.

paulie walnuts likes this.
  15. JamesM09

It’s getting out of hand now. Situation should’ve been dealt with weeks ago.

I guess we’ll see what happens at the end of this run. Even a bad manager would win the next 6 or 7 domestic games.

Then you’ve got to hope something drastically changes against the Huns and we might get back into it.

Doubt it though.

16. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    The board are just incompetent like Lennon.. And like Lennon they have absolutely no plan B for when things go * up..

Because both Lennon and the board are arrogant incompetent fools and they didn't see this coming so nothing was in place to fix it.

So because all of the above they have decided to go down the nothing to see here, fingers in ears route and treat us all like complete *...

Its shameful and won't be forgotten

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Actually this season the difference between 1st and 2nd is automatic qualification isnt it? Meaning money, huge american tours again, infact the money will be astronomically different considering our players dont qaulify for the champions league even if we played farmers

18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Dunno Jeannie, there’s a difference between being feared and earning respect and being toxic or creating a toxic working environment. Something I’d imagine Keane would create.

Guys like Lennon and Strachan are meant to be ones who don’t take * and earn respect.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  19. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think telling people who show contempt to * off is justified. I would. for example, quite happily tell Brendan Rodgers to * off for exactly this reason if he ever wanted to come back.

However, I don't think Lenny has shown contempt and I don't think all we've seen is "* off".

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Blaming Covid now. He’s making a complete embarrassment of himself and the club every time he opens his mouth.