1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. wulliebad

Can't wait for sunday and our next failed turn around.

2. imacdiar

Probably most of us are aware that what faces us is a huge rebiulding job.I believe that at least seven of last nights team will not be celtic players next season.We need to have a new manager in place before the january window to at least add to what is going to be a seriously depleted first team squad.I'm afraid Lennon has probably lost the respect of many of the present squad and i cannot see him turning this around.If we have even the remotest chance of the ten he has to go and i am not a Neil Lennon hater.

3. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    That press conference was worrying, bunch of delusional fools.

4. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    His words mean absolutely * all to me anymore and haven't for a while. It's the actions of the board I care about now. * pandemic ...they'd be serious heat on these * long ago in normal circs to the extent they'd have been forced to act by now. Sadly they're safely tucked away making zoom calls and the world's ok again!!

They can * right off!!

neilly1987 likes this.
  5. StevieBhoooy!

What’s all this ‘players lounge’ guff about?

players fkkn lounge??

they’ve been lounging around since August..

jeezus

6. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    This building a lounge thing. Seriously. Get to *. Just * off

Fully87 and littlekennie like this.
  7. TheHappyLoss

Last time I had so little faith was towards the end of Barnes and Dalglish

8. john2061

A * lounge being built so that's what will turn this around * sake I have heard it all now .
    It's more time on the * training field they need with a new manager and not angry with Lennon anymore this is all down to the board now .
    How can you sit on your hands and watch 10 in a row disappear with each day Lennon stays in the job and you will be held to account by the fans for not doing your job and fire Lennon .

neilly1987 likes this.
  9. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    We could be in deep * if, as expected, Eddy, Ajer, Christie, Ntcham and probably those players who are not getting game time, all leave. We were all willing to accept big Eddy and the rest leaving if they had helped us get the 10 however, it doesn't look as though that's going to be the case now and it's clearly evident that NL's has to go. So, the club therefore need to act urgently in order to steady a ship that is sinking rapidly. Getting a new experienced manager in quickly might steady the ship and give him time to identify some players in the January market and, who knows, the dream of the 10 might be back on.

10. oh bhoy

Players lounge, * me is that what the 'zoomers' were chatting about today * are out of touch with reality

11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Trying to read between the lines and think how this conversation with Desmond, lawwell and Lennon may have went.

First, we can no safely known that the subject of Lennon's performances (and the squad as a whole) have been on the minds of the men in charge (otherwise, why bother with the meeting in the first place).
    Secondly, if it was just a simple chat to assure Lennon and to address the media/fan noise, then it really would have been a short and simple conversation. Not, how Lennon has said, a conversation about how to improve things and take things forward as a whole.
    That's a deeper conversation than simply "don't worry Neil, we've got your back".

From past experiences at Celtic and around world football, there is always a perceived backing and support of a manager before the inevitable happens.

The meeting was never going to end with his sacking, that would have been a completely different meeting.

It is for me, been a last chance saloon meeting where naturally the end result is, what you going to do Neil to fix this and if you can do that you've got our support till you prove otherwise.

It's hope that's going to kill me, be it for the league to be salvaged or the manager to be shown the door sooner rather than later. But I think he is one bad result (again!!) From the sack now.

That meeting for me is the one that has told him to sort it, or get.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

12. Sin

I think everyone can agree that he has been throwing players under the bus in interviews ever since his "Some players don't want to be here so they can just leave" speech.

You also had just the other week "I can't defend the players anymore"

Why is it I now read him saying

"What they need now is my support and coaching support and belief that they are really good players. Class is permanent and form is temporary, I have always believed that, and believe they will come good sooner rather than later."

Honestly the guy is just all over the place, just awful he's allowed to carry on, so frustrating.

neilly1987 and charlietully like this.
  13. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

14. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    That or Mowbray ironically.

Gabriel and TheHappyLoss like this.
  15. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    If we were inside the grounds he would be gone 100% imo, we have all witnessed the fans turn on managers over the years.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    30 points behind the huns and lost the last 10 games.

Nothing to worry about we can turn this around, i've been giving the players too much information and too many class A drugs, i mean what are they like lol, such a naughty bunch they are, anyways i continue to have the backing of auntie Peter and uncle Dermot, they said i'm doing a smashing job, and am the very fella to turn it roon and deliver the 10, KTF hail hail, still the manager !

Neil. :shamrock:

neilly1987 likes this.
  17. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye the LDL FC. Actually looks like our * form at the moment

Celticbhoy97 likes this.
  18. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Players lounge to save our season? Bizzare that there wasn’t one there in the first places. Lots of workplaces do it as standard ffs.

It suggests that the team is disjointed/split though if that is identified as some sort of solution.

My word..

19. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Hearing that Mrs Lennon put the foot down and wouldn’t let Neil build a lockdown bar in the garden shed like a true Sellick da.

He’s informed DD and PL this morning and they’ve agreed that he can build one at Lennoxtown, as long as he tells the media it’s a players lounge

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  20. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    A * lounge, it’s a good * leathering most of them need. Aye Lennon is delusional but the players are an absolute disgrace.

Gabriel and Britwell bhoy like this.