1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Aidan O’Shea

The fundamental point is that he’s a very poor coach.

2. Mince.Charming

Its not just him I've seen personal insults about Sutton, Hartson, Martin O'Neill and others because they fail to put the boot into a mate (who would?) or turn on a Celtic great.

The same people that call walker, Provan, Burley and Nicholas soap takers.
    The same fans that hate on Tierney and Rodgers for their lack of loyalty.
    I'll never grudge a player leaving us again. It makes no difference.

The lockdown and whats at stake has turned our fans poisonous since the season started.
    The way I've seen people acting from the start, they dont deserve to celebrate 10 in a row,, sing over and over and pretend we are the best fans in the world.

Belgian_lad, cat123 and Double Dutch like this.
  3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Another pish interview today.

Says he's had a chat with the players, really productive.

Heard the same a few weeks ago.

Nothing changing Lennon.

Out you go.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

neilly1987 and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  4. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He’s taking the * now.

5. wanmadtim Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka - Brown - Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    He can chat to this bunch of wasters until * freezes over.....They have chucked it!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

6. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    It all comes down to money I think. That and the fact the board don't really care about the 10. They know if we do it Sevco will go under. They need the wins more than we do. We should be lightyears ahead of them and the fact that we're not is down to gross negligence on the current manager and boards watch. You get what you pay for in life and it shows with Neil Lennon and our current situation.

It was always going to come around to this day as he was riding on the coat tails of Rodgers success. If he went now he could go with his head held high and with our thanks but if he stays on he risks it all as he will only be remembered for failing to get the 10, being poor in Europe and simply unable to out think Slippy. Make no mistake it's a litany of failures that will live long in the memories of the support. Walk now, someone else comes in and puts things right and all that goes away. His pig headedness will be his undoing.

7. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    This I would agree with. He has a half decent eye for a player, so wouldnt mind him in a scouting or director of football type role, but when it comes to the day to day management and as a matchday tactician, he leaves a lot to be desired.

8. Mr. Slippyfist

So the basic crux of the matter is that it's acceptable to say "Lennon out" but not something akin to "get to * out Lennon"?

If that really is the most important factor to you and others (I say this with zero disrespect intended to anyone btw), then yous really want to suck it up! Far worse is said against players on a weekly basis in the pub and in the stands during/after matches.

And, to make it even more relevant - respect is earned. If Lennon (in current state) thinks he can totally undermine the fans (you know, the supposed lifeblood of this club) and treat them/us with utter contempt with his comments that completely disregard us as the afterbirth of the club.....well, he can go take a flying * to himself, the *!

neilly1987 likes this.
  9. Henke102

He has been treated very well, and the club have bulked his bank account up nicely over the last 20 years. Better servants to the club have been treated alot worse. When Mowbray got bumped off, we never done that well anyway, beat off of Ross County, fair enough we beat the huns when the league was over, and they were at our ground for a celebration and weren't giving a * what the score was. He was a lucky man, to get the role. It is also now evident Mjaillby was doing most of the tactical work back then anyway even more so now.

But...according to Lawell he "knows the city", whatever that even means, we should try and distance ourselves from that mob any chance we get, not come up with pish like that, which validates them in any sort of way.

10. Mr. Slippyfist

This is the thing Jeannie, it'll hit the board harder in their pockets to LOSE the 10. So, as even the most blind follower of the club would be able to tell you they really should be investing more (not just financially) to the club currently.

That being said, as previously mentioned by I and others, they HAVE financially supported Mr. Lennon in the last two transfer windows substantially.

11. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

I'm done until he's gone

I'll still watch us but won't be putting a single penny into the club until there's change

12. Lennon1888

Oh aye looks like he's going to be giving the players a talk every game all season by the looks of it

13. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    TBF to NL when he was shouting that our whole team where pressing as a unit except the players he was shouting at and that made the effort from everyone else pointless.

He was correct to be trying to drive them on.

14. TheHappyLoss

Considering none of us can get in and the season tickets are paid for that’ll teach them:fear:

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  15. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

I've not bought any of the Adidas stuff so there:101:

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  16. Sin

No one is going to be celebrating 10 in a row!

The board had one job today, ONE!

17. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I still have the uneasy thought that they want Sevco back up there. They have a lot more to gain from the rivalry. I Seriously think that if we got the 10 Sevco would implode big time as they are on the last throw of the dice. They have invested too much. I don't really get it either as like you say if we did the 10 they would make a fortune out of it. But maybe they have their eye on the long game. It would suggest the board are better at tactics than Lenny is!

Lennon is a yes man I think that we all know this. They needed someone like him after BR and he needed a job. Yes they backed him and I honestly think that they believed in him to a degree. They also took us for mugs ushering him in so quickly with the idea he's a fans favourite so we will accept it. He is but I think that for most of us we felt that his time at Celtic had come and gone.

Before Covid hit they were thinking of the returns and talking of huge sums expected for players like Eddie and Cham et, al. I don't think that they thought they could lose. It's a whole new ballgame now and they're unlikely to realize that kind of return for them in the current climate. Not to mention the fact these very players are showing themselves to be very average and quite mediocre on the European scene. We have players who are not even getting a chance. There's also the question of what manager could they attract for the job? Who would put up with all that being the manager of Celtic entails. It's a challenge out with a pandemic never mind during one.

I don't know where we're heading with all of this but it feels uneasily like the club is pressing a reset button and we're going back the way.

Free the Adblock and The67Sound like this.
  18. Fear Dearg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat Bonnar
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    Whose motivational skills are lost so he offers nothing

19. CarmunnockBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    ffs did Lenny catch Lawwell bumming Desmond or something, how the * does he still have a job and the backing of the board.

20. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Aye, he’s definitely got something on one of them. Lol.