1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Board

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Prof, Oct 26, 2020.

Discuss The Board in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Markybhoy

If Brendan Rodgers hadn't left when he did, what was Neil Lennon's next job in football management going to be? I understand why the board brought him in to drag us over the line after Rodgers left, that made total sense and was a good move. But offering him the job on a permanent basis was utter hubris. Lawwell thought the 10 could be wrapped up while at the same time cutting costs. Well he was * wrong. And he will deserve everything coming his way if he doesn't do the right thing and remove Lennon from the dugout in the very near future.

Artorias and Tommy25 like this.
  2. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Look at our seasons results and its clear to see lennys getting the boot soon. When this happens 1 of 2 things will happen:

1. We act quickly as the writings been on the wall for a while. we know who we want, he's been contacted and close to agreement before the sacking and we bring them in at the first opportunity.

2. We take applications and an age to get a man in

Were a * pantomime this season. I doubt we will see anybody anywhere near rodgers ability. Scary scary times and for it to happen the way it has, many heads will roll

3. JamesM09

I don’t think it was solely about cutting costs (although that was a large part).

I think it’s more about control for Lawwell. I think he saw himself in danger when Rodgers was here. Rodgers had Dermot's ear and could go straight past him. Rodgers had experience working with bigger fish than Lawwell.

Lawwell seen Lennon as someone who was desperate for the gig. Someone he could control, who knew this was as good as it would get. He much prefers that, you can see it with his signings too.

That’s the real reason Lawwell needs to go. It’s the danger of keeping one man in charge too long.

Boruc17, Artorias and Tommy25 like this.
  4. oh bhoy

how many times do these tory * want to see us humiliated ,sparta prague giving us the chins up patter jesus christ sparta * prague.they need to get rid of lennon today and no more yes men,we need a top manager

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    Artorias likes this.
  5. Celticbhoy97

Happy Green Friday troops HH...

We know we’ve been nothing short of a disgrace this season and will ignore the will of the support but please continue to buy our * Merch... we’ll even Chuck in 20% for all the utter tat we couldn’t sell last year... get they hoopy the hound dog slippers and Johnny Hayes Pencil cases copped... will we * discount anything of actual value... get these wanks to * aswell

and please for the love of * nobody spend a penny for these wanks

The_Bhoy and Avatar Daizen like this.
  6. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    The thing is if they have been doing their job they will have someone in mind. This is very fixable if they act immediately. They have to have had someone in mind though and I doubt they have. I don't really want Strachan or O'Neil.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  7. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    Desmond has to step in and cut the middle man Peter lawell out. Action is required immediately

8. oh bhoy

you would hope there some wheels turning in the background but the fact lennon is still here months after this shitshow started would lead you to believe they have been doing * all

buchanbhoy and Artorias like this.
  9. Sgt Neppers*

Gobsmacked that there's not even a hint of him being relieved of his duties. This is now becoming a board room issue, all boiling down to the egotistical CEO Lawell.

Inaction is complicity.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
  11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

They're only interested in the fans when £££ are involved, so it's time to make them listen.

Starve them out.

Doogs. and Avatar Daizen like this.
  12. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Love to mate, but unfortunately I can't resist the cracking sale they've got on 8 in a row souvenir mugs.

[​IMG]

Doogs. and JML67 like this.
  13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

The Celtic version of Billy Elliott

We'll be pelting you with eggs as you arrive on the 62 to the Celtic Way..

14. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Where's the mug to commemorate the 8 goals we just shipped to the Czechs? lol.hh

Twisty and Avatar Daizen like this.
  15. stew37

* disgusted at the thought the board are content with this absolute * show. They're lucky fans aren't allowed in the stadium the now.

16. john2061

They are * lucky the * pie stall would have been sold out and these Tory * would be knee deep in pie filling .

17. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The board know they are in CL next season so dont give a * this season.
    All they will do is wait until too late then spend money and say "look, we are listening and have bought players you want" hoping that the support will fall for it.

18. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    This board (which are supposedly the guardians of our club) have stood bye and allowed our club to regress at an alarming state of knots. Yes, we have won the treble treble and I will forever be grateful for that however, we have repeatedly failed to progress in Europe which has cost the club millions, have failed to sign quality players in positions that we knew were going to be vacated, hired a manager in a fecking shower room and have fecked up big time in this our most important season. They were negligent in the Res 12 scandal which could have buried that mob for good and have also stood bye idly and watched as the huns have attacked the Scottish Football's Governing bodies with their so called dossier of SPL corruption (which was a load of *), disclosing sensitive information from SPL meetings (which is a sackable offense in any other organisation) and demanding Neil Doncaster to be sacked. So, as a club, we are sitting on the very edge of a precipice and it looks as though our board are quite willing to totally ignore the groundswell of opinion re our manager and carry on regardless. Sadly, as an older supporter who has been through the good times and the bad, I think the current situation is by far the worst. Year's ago, even although the huns were the "establishment team" and were always given preferential treatment by the SFA/ refs etc. the cheating wasn't as blatant as it is now. This, I believe, has been a result of our board not tackling the Res 12 issue at the time, not demanding any action re Robertson disclosing sensitive information, the whole dossier made up pish fiasco and, in general, letting the huns away with murder. So, when the time comes to renew my season ticket, I will think long and hard about it and ask if those who run my club deserve my hard earned pension for continuing to fail in their duties.

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    The board have a great deal of blame to take for this embarrassing situation that The club find themselves in .
    Lenny will get fired but the board and the players should be disgusted with themselves for the * fest we are in .

callumrae1967 and Stevie6767 like this.