1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SuperZidane

Correct - if action isn't taken immediately then Lennon's "legacy" will be as the man who lost us 10IAR. I have no time for any personal abuse aimed at him but the criticism of his "management abilities" is totally deserved. I really thought that even he wouldn't come out with the usual load of BS after tonight but clearly he is as delusional as ever.

He should be given the option to resign - if he is too arrogant/delusional to walk, then sack him.

If DD/PL don't act - they are as culpable as Lennon. If so, then the fans should show their displeasure when it comes to renew season tickets.

PaddyBhoy likes this.
  2. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Was so horrible watching us being * but there was the silver lining thought that "at least he has to go now". Cannot believe the post match interview, he didn't even seem embarrassed. Got ratty when interviewers asked about his future and resorted to childishly pretending he never heard the question. What a riddy honest to *.

thailandceltic likes this.
  3. Henke102

He won't walk, as he will lose out on the money, but you would anticipate that an agreement would be met between both parties financially. Just hope that it isn't going to take a dramatic 3-0 pumping off Ross County in the League Cup to get rid of him, surely we are beyond that nowadays.

Bring in a fresh set of eyes, whole new professional coaching set up with an awareness of tactics, and I think the league would be competitive up until May. Not saying I am confident we would win it, but we put pressure on that mob and they would start to collapse. Although unfortunately, I think the covid rules of no fans are helping them more than us. Huns are well known to be rabid at Ibrox if results aren't going their way (look at Tavernier's comments last season for example). Our results are not excusable in any way, just feel they won't drop as many points as they did last year after xmas.

4. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Don't know why he keeps making it out like it's a bad patch of form when it's obvious to anyone who's watched 5 mins of one of our games that the players are refusing to play for him.

That Prague mob are one of the worst teams I've seen us come up against at this stage of Europe and they've completely * us home and away because there isn't one player in the team who is trying a leg out there.

It's pathetic and he needs to walk away from the club before he destroys what little is left of his reputation amongst the Celtic support.

Artorias and neilly1987 like this.
  5. Celticbhoy97

Copenhagen are a close 2nd

6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Nothing you said there had any bearing on any of my last posts.

That was a cogent and coherent post.

Why people need to feel the need to call him a *, jakey, etc is what rips my knitting.

I’m done with the main forum now until we start winning the league by 20 points again because that’s when people seem reasonable.

cat123, PaddyBhoy, Xatraps and 3 others like this.
  7. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  8. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Asked by BT Sport’s Rory Hamilton if he was looking for revenge but also to show a reaction to the supporters, he answered: "I'm not so sure about the latter part but we want to show a reaction from the last Sparta game where we didn’t do ourselves justice. We really hope we can play the style of football we know we can.

"There’s plenty for me to be positive about, especially the last half-hour at Easter Road where we looked a really good side.”

I’ve just heard this quote.

I can’t believe he’s said that.

We are the ones pumping money into the club during a pandemic and you “aren’t sure” if you want a reaction for the fans?

Sutton and Hartson defending him and performances while the actual paying fans of this club have to sit and watch/listen to it.

Get *.

The Dude, neilly1987 and Markybhoy like this.
  9. Sgt Neppers*

Aye, but we played well for 35mins though!!!

10. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

That BT interview was shocking. * *

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  11. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Just go please.

neilly1987 and Markybhoy like this.
  12. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    Sutton calling his comments after the game delusional and saying the board have a big decision to make.

You know we’re in a mess when his mates are calling it out.

Please put us all out of our misery.

Ewang83, neilly1987 and Lennon1888 like this.
  13. The Dude

You have got to be kidding. :52:

14. The Dude

Forget ten-in-a-row. If we want to win the league next season, he needs to be shown the door yesterday.

15. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Even Sutton has abandoned ship.

You know your up * creek when Sparta Prague are sending out pity tweets with genuine condolences.

They are so sincerely shocked at how * * we are.

As far as Lennon's post match comments go... not angry anymore. Just despondent.Hes become our version of McMoist as far as I'm concerned. Head up his hole, nothing to see here, I've got the clubs backing.

Every breath he draws as Celtic FC manager is an insult to our club, our legacy and our future.

it's now very plausible to contemplate that a rag tag * box club, not even a decade old with a rookie manager and in debt up to its eyeballs will beat us to a title we've dominated for nearly a decade, and by a margin. Not only that, but given their exceptional European luck and decent tactical set up... will most certainly waltz into the CL group stages, something we seem to spectacularly fail at. A feat that would not only see them almost wipe out their debt, but allow them to attract better players, while we cut cloth and sell assets to cover the shirt fall.

in short, this is not just about 10 in a row. it's about the abject surrender of the Scottish game.

DD can take his straw men on the board, take his flunky Lawell, take his wet and wild shower time manager and * off.

Ewang83, Xatraps, neilly1987 and 4 others like this.
  16. wulliebad

Some * patch,its 20 games.:48:

17. Markybhoy

I am actually beginning to cross the border from anger to acceptance. We get humped now and it's basically like shrugging your shoulders because it's not a surprise anymore.

I hope Neil * off before my ambivalence morphs into me actually disliking the man. I never thought I would say that and it makes me feel incredibly sad to even think it. But I have really had enough now. He has to go. Tomorrow would be good.

Hammy89 likes this.
  18. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    At last a silver lining....

littlekennie likes this.
  19. Markybhoy

This is really an excellent post and a pretty good appraisal of the current situation.

I actually admire your ability to stay calm and put together something like this given what a shambles everything is right now.

20. JamesM09

I’m at the dislike stage now. He’s shown such a disrespect and contempt for the fans it’s unreal. It’s nice of people to defend him but please notice he has * all respect for you. Just pay your money and let him do what he wants, and be * grateful.

neilly1987 likes this.