1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    scuse me , youve got half of my belt there ..

JC Anton likes this.
  2. celtic warrior

I see since Lennon came out trying to give it big, it's given some sect of fans the same confidence.

This team have been * all season, we've been conceding goals as if we are mid table SPFL side, that shows in our standing in the league. We've failed to see out the games we drawn, albeit one we had to come from 2-0 down.

The other two we ended drawing because of the defense conceding * penalties and at no point this season has out defensive gsme looked solid. We've conceded * 13 goals already, 13!. That is something we should be tallying at the end of the season, not * before xmas.

Lennon seriously has misplaced confidence in his ability to turn this around, he's had 13 league games to do it, cup games and then European games and at no point have things improved.

We got out arses handed to us by a bunch of kids against sparta who before playing us was the worst performing team in the * tournament.

* this nonsense, Lennon is not winning us the 10, no matter how much any of us wanted it, its not happening.

If the board leave it till Jan or later the league is officially done.

3. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    There ya go.. what some of us have been saying from the start of the season...

The football and performances have been utter *.. he can point to point totals from seasons gone it doesn't matter a jot..

Add in champions league exit and defeat to Prague kids team.. its been absolute horse * from day one

4. joemc

Wait one minute people are are complaining that he is saying we played great and didn't take our chances cauz he's no telling it like it is ,then moaning if he says the players are lazy or they lacked discipline,he can't win .

5. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    I really cannot relate to your thinking process. For 2 months now he knew what to do but didn't do anything improving us. 2 months! How the * do you come to the conclusion that now, after 2 months not working, it will suddenly work? There's no logic behind that.

Mulgrew and neilly1987 like this.
  6. celticfife

What I can't understand is even if the board are ultimately just money men, how they can't see that the * awful performances on the park will have a catastrophic effect off the park.

Players like Ajer, Christie and Eddy aren't signing new deals whilst this shitshow is happening, meaning they'll get reduced fees or they'll walk for free. That's on top of the fact that when a team and it's players aren't playing well clubs won't have to pay the same sort of fees we've seen in the past.

The ineptitude on the park won't just stop us winning the ten, it'll set us back years when it comes to attracting players and moving them for big fees down the line.

Mulgrew likes this.
  7. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Any hope of those 3 signing new deals disappeared over the summer, before this run.

All 3 will get punted next summer, with 1 year left on their contracts (and before 30 June for accounting reasons). I would hazard a guess at total fees of £35-45m

Think Ntcham possibly falls into this bracket too, one year left after this one?

8. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Exactly, if we continue like that there's no way we get 30m for Édouard. More likely those * Freddy and the thug Kent will go for as much and that's making me sick to be honest.

9. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Aye, 10 games without a win.

10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Best one I’ve seen lately (not on this site) was someone giving their credentials on being a Celtic fan...

“Blah blah blah, and I also brought spare lighters to the candlelight vigil” :rofl:

neilly1987 likes this.
  11. celtic warrior

If Lennon still had it in him to improve results then we'd have brought him back whilst he done it at hibs.

He couldn't so he was sacked there and so we hired a cheap options as he was unattached with board thinking the fans would lap it up just because of the name, he's regressed as a manager and what's worse, I always saw him as someone who can be a serial motivator, he can't even do that anymore.

Everything that made him a success before is gone, he's lost it, that fire, that energy, the temper, all gone.

He is now just mimicking the Lennon we saw get sacked at hibs and that is bullshit.

12. StevieBhoooy!

There has only ever been one group of fans who were ‘spoiled’ through their Klub’s ‘success’ :42:....and we all know how it was achieved.

There isnt some sort of quota on trophies per club over the seasons... much as the SFA, Sky and Scottish media would like there to be.

Demanding the best from highly paid management and players whose high salaries come from people earning a fraction of that amount is only to be expected... every season.

The game and how it is seen and reported has changed since Lenny was a player and even since his first stint as manager. The amount of coverage, exposure, replays, forums, twitter etc makes it easy to criticise... but it has also educated supporters about the game.

They can spot when things aren’t right ... and they generally know why.

There’s only one branch of the Celtic Family being insulted right now and it’s the fans.

If anyone has been spoiled for ten years then it’s the board members of Celtic FC plc.

13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Be lucky to get half of that mate.

Mental that we've let edouard run down to one year left on his deal. Unless someone comes in desperate in january we will be lucky to recoup the £9million paid for him with one year left.
    Ajer and Christie with a year left, between £5million a piece

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

The Dude likes this.
  14. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I backed Neil when he came in first time.

I backed Neil when he came in second time.

My patience waned, then it faltered. I wanted him to step down.

After reading that interview I wanted him * tarred and feathered.

"we've only lost one league game"... is he * high? Seriously?

"I'm strong, fire in the belly blah blah blah".

It's beyond delusion at this point. It's sheer * arrogance.

He came off in that presser like a guy who scoffs at fans, bats away concerns, turns his nose up at the * league table and thinks he is utterly untouchable.

he can get so far to *. Not even Hibs put up with less than that *, but we're supposed to sit down, shut up, and pray that this bumble * can reverse the gargantuan damage that he's doing to this side.

Seriously Neil, just * off mate. Take your ego, take your * tactics, take your attitude and * off.

Peej, ciaran72, FrankMcCallum and 2 others like this.
  15. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    No fans in the stadium to vent frustration and opinion, however, the banner outside the stadium was welcome by me and regardless of NL’s public reply to it, I’m hanging on a thread of hope - a very fine thread, that it’s a catalyst for monumental and instant improvement.

I know I’m mega-clutching, but NL is clearly going nowhere. As I mentioned in the Praha match thread, what else is there for it?

I thought my patience and support for NL had completely expired but there is nothing else you can do, as a fan, but to try and believe one action, like the banner, can do something to hit home a clear message they all must run through * walls.

Nothing short of a tidy performance, a clear showing and a win tonight will keep that thread from snapping.
    I really can’t see anything else that would give me renewed belief following anything less than that.

Peej likes this.
  16. JamesM09

Honestly I thought his interview was a disgrace. I find it mental he’s trying to paint himself as some untainted success of a manager.

He forgets he’s done * all away from Celtic and we’ve all seen him lose many a * domestic tournament and even throw away a league before.

Need to stop kidding on Rodgers record is his record. We’re also not lucky to have him, he was finished before us.

17. The Dude

He could end up blowing ten-in-a-row twice.

JamesM09 likes this.
  18. The Dude

:52:

19. The Dude

We will also lose Dembélé. Our most promising academy players are leaving in droves.

Peej likes this.
  20. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

This is so tiresome now, don't normally get bothered by stuff like this but being arguing with a few folk on social media over it. I just can't get my head around the blind faith that things will magically get better when there's been no signs of improvement whatsoever. We've been that bad this season that the two games in hand aren't guaranteed 3 points like some folk seem to think and I've seen nothing to suggest we can go on a sustained winning run.

Surely it's no just me eh?

Twisty likes this.