1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CountyDownFaithful

The statement would have been pointless without the banner.

The statement would have just been another tweet/social media post - there’s already thousands out there saying Lennon’s time is up. All of which can be easily ignored by the club.

The banner at Celtic Park however is bold and has caught the attention of everyone including Lennon himself.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  2. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Didn't know about the banner and * till I seen the last couple of posts, not sure how I feel about it all.

We are imploding.

3. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

We’ve not had one 90 minutes in the season in which you can say we’ve played well for the entire game.

I don’t give a * about what Rangers are doing or what their fans think. We’ve regressed so much, partly because a section of our fans are happy with being marginally better than them.

We’ve lost at Celtic Park to Romanian, Hungarian and Danish sides over the past two years losing tens of millions of revenue in the process, and stuttered past Latvian and Bosnian powerhouses in the same time period.

People think this is acceptable. Some fans deserve all they get. Zero ambition.

This is before we mention the domestic * show this season.

A few poor performances. * me gently.

4. joemc

He took over another managers players ,players who had won 2 trebles recently with many longer term players having won 6 or 7 titles , do you not feel he was giving them the respect that they knew how to get the job done and would instruct those players at half time when needed ,we all don't know the ins and outs of everything that goes on and there are many assumptions made that are total * but Lennon doesn't strike me as a manager who takes any * , hard but fair would be my opinion and would tend to trust the players who had done it many times before .
    Isn't it amazing though how quickly everything is now wrong at our club , the truth lies somewhere in the middle , it was never perfect and never will be ,but when the pressure is on its we as fans who can't handle it .

5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We're gettin humiliated in Europe, the huns are beating us in our own stadium, our defence is a shambles, it's a complete and utter mess, Lenny is all over the shop and the Board need to do the right thing before it get's even worse.

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

A statement released online would've just been dinghied by the board.

Rather than aim it at Lennon though, I would've probably aimed it at the board. Ultimately they're the ones with the power to change things.

We're being let down by the club and with no crowds allowed at games our options to convey that message are limited. At least today's banner stimulated a little debate and didn't go unnoticed, in the way another post on Twitter absolutely would have.

charlietully likes this.
  7. Pogues

If you think sacking Lennon the now and appointing a new man isn't a massive risk to achieving the 10, I completely disagree.
    Lots on here will disagree with me here, but if you look at the injuries this season they no doubt had an effect on some big games, particularly the Huns game. Also, look at the domestic games we've had on the back of hard European games, nothing easy.
    I just think Lennon deserves better.

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

The only thing Lenny deserves is the sack, it's the supporters that deserve better.

9. The Dude

Would that be your opinion of any banner calling for a manager to resign? I ask because that one was relatively polite.

Moore and JamesM09 like this.
  10. JamesM09

We’ve been clueless and abysmal all season. Injuries have had * all to do with it and either way every manager every season at every club faces these basic challenges. That’s literally their job - to manage.

Sparta basically played their youth team a couple of weeks ago ffs.

11. Pogues

You've no mentioned our performances against Lazio and Rennes last season, or qualifying from a group including leipzig and salsburg the year before.

Don't get me wrong, there's been some pish poor results as well but at least be balanced about it.
    Domestically we've played well in fits and starts, we're 5 points behind them but I'm * if I'm throwing the towel in the now. And we're about to win a quadruple treble.

joemc likes this.
  12. Pogues

OK mate, Lennon is clueless and the team is abysmal. Having key men out injured shouldn't matter. You have your view, I disagree.

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

A lot of what Lenny said today is correct, there is panic and unease because of the points difference and some of the criticism, at least, isn’t warranted.

However, there has to be a greater acceptance from him that this season just hasn’t been good enough. Even the wee spikes of upturn in form only highlight how little we’re getting regularly out the current squad. There is so much more they’re capable of.

Nothing is conceded, we’re still well in the mix for the league and there’s still plenty twists and turns to go. Given it’s now brutally apparent he won’t be going anywhere now until at least the Cup Final, it’s time to back the team. Whether you want Lenny replaced or not, which I agree personally with the consensus now - he’s had his chance now and the rut can’t be shaken off.

The banner though outside the stadium is a nonsense which only achieves one thing, radiating an ethos of discord when every * is wanting to stick the boot in and it’s only aiding them in doing it.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  14. JamesM09

Losing at home to the Huns after 9 minutes, we registered 0 shots on target. Aye, but we had injuries.

neilly1987 likes this.
  15. joemc

Too many have shat the bed at the thought of a battle ,forgot how to get behind the club and shut out the white noise , I trust the manager to know when its over and cant be sorted by him ,I trust the board to make that call if the manager clings on in hope regardless .

Pogues likes this.
  16. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It’s been said in Open Goal podcasts before regarding the training and that.

It’s common knowledge to an extent.

neilly1987 likes this.
  17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Every team in the world has injuries. It’s part of the game. We are more than capable of winning the league even if we are missing guys at certain points.

neilly1987 likes this.
  18. JamesM09

You’d honestly think reading comments that Lennon had never lost a league before. It’s almost like it’s Rodgers sitting there the way he talks.

Like he can’t understand how people can doubt him, as if we’ve never seen him * anything up before.

It’s * bizarre man.

neilly1987 likes this.
  19. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

We’re 11 points behind. I wouldn’t trust us to beat anyone at the moment. We’re so easy to play through, when we lose the ball it’s Brown, and two centre halves, mostly consisting of a former centre mid.

20. JamesM09

There’s obviously a level of speculation to exactly how it’s all run, but it’s one of those things that’s pretty common knowledge from quotes you pick up here and there, as well as anecdotes from talking to guys in the game.