1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DonnyCelt

Totally agree. And if the board would've backed Deila the way they've backed Lennon he'd have been with us a lot longer.

Looking back on it now Deila was treated horrendously by the board. As if he was appointed simply to win the league (Obviously we had no serious challenge) with the least funds available only to be binned when the challenge became slightly more interesting.

Not complaining at the time with who his replacement was and what he and his teams achieved but as I said looking back now you could bet your bottom dollar Lennon wouldn't have got that treatment, and I'd say Deila's philosophy and vision of what he wanted was 10x that of lennon's now.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  2. James Gold Member Gold Member

Totally different though Larsson wasn't take swipes left right and centre at any previous manager

3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He's a hypothetical * anaw.

Kidding.

This exact * that's happening with Lennon is exactly why people don't want Larsson to come here as a manager and I totally get that.

Thankfully, Larsson seems far too above the pettiness of what Sutton has allowed himself to become, and in turn Lennon's own antics.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

4. Bonobhoy

Either did O'Neill

5. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    I will never slag him off because of everything he's given us..but I do think it's time for him to fall on his sword. To be honest, after the rat effed off, I wasn't at all happy when Lennon was appointed but once it was done, I believed in backing him...cos that's what you do. However, the wheels have well and truly fallen off now and he doesn't seem to know what he's doing anymore. It's the board I'm more angry at to be honest. Moan over, now for a nice cup of tea!

Double Dutch likes this.
  6. stew37

Haven't seen anyone telling MON to get to * personally. Sutton spends most of his hours winding people up and arguing on Twitter. He'll always be remembered as a great player for us but it doesn't mean he shouldn't get called out for talking * and being extremely hypocritical. Lennon is performing poorly and so inevitably he'll cop flack. I don't agree with personal the personal insults and name calling but as noted already on here, that's the nature of the business, especially online unfortunately.

thailandceltic likes this.
  7. joemc

Love your use of my analogy ,but if you look at the way we lost these games its all been by errors at the back ,us then getting back into it and getting caught at the back by pushing for an equalizer, I had explained in another post that I felt keeper changes along with injuries and new players in defense have not helped ,but wot I notice about teams who dominate us is , their movement off the ball , huns and sparta in particular ,while in possession our off the ball players are quite static , and some are being asked to do too much ,so its fair to say some are not pulling their weight ,many will say thats down to the manager ,and they are not playing for him ,but ask yourself this ,would you want to keep players who can't take criticism and down tools cauz they don't like the truth , do you sack the manager and have the players do the same to the next manager ,or let a manager who has won all the domestic trophies up for grabs ,weed out the players who have have 1 foot out the door and stabilize the team while our injured are starting to return .

8. Bonobhoy

But windes up the huns or goes mental celebrating at a Celtic European goal,we all * love him

9. Bonobhoy

Could also look bad to any manager looking in on us also,if there even is any

10. joemc

11. stew37

That's certainly true, I like seeing anyone celebrating a Celtic goal, and seeing the huns being wound up, including by him, but don't think it gives him a free pass to spout the hypocritical * he has recently without fear of being called out for it.

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

@joemc

Bollocks.

He gets called a dinosaur because he doesn't do shaping drills. He apparently doesn't really care all that much about diet. And his opposition analysis and analysis on his own team is minimal.

And I don't think recall anyone calling him a bully in here recently.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  13. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Coming away with the we made the same start to the league 2 years ago and won etc is embarrassing. This is not the same!

14. celticvoice

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    In fairness, Larsson is far too busy being relevant at Barcelona as opposed to Sutton who makes his living being a *, and O'Neill who got fired at Forest 5 month into the job.

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

It's just pish excuses.

By this time that season we had conceded 6 goals in the league, compared to the 13 this season. We had beaten the huns, won two games 5-0 and another 6-0. We had also beaten Leipzig in the Europa League.

Luis1967 likes this.
  16. Bazza Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Its a grand old team to play for
    Phil needs to remember he's Scottish, Irish gaelic name or not. Guys an absolute weapon.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  17. saltire78

Guys, whose actually saying he doesn't train, analyse opponents, care what the players eat or drink? Is this all rumours and supposition, or has any player/agent actually said it?

Pogues likes this.
  18. Bonobhoy

Huns? or some in here?

Pogues likes this.
  19. dmccourt95

Kelvin Wilson, Joe Ledley and Adam Matthews have all said various things like that in interviews

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Lennon himself said the 4-1 defeat against Sparta Prague was the first time in a long time he's sat with the players and went through the game with them again.

Kelvin Wilson was on a podcast the other day (and him, Ledley and Mulgrew have already said this in the past) and said Lennon didn't care about the players diet. That they would do 15/20 minutes of opposition analysis on a Friday night in the hotel as they had dinner. And he also said he can only remember them doing shaping in training once or twice.

Artorias likes this.