1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. James Gold Member Gold Member

Sutton is a Neil Lennon cheerleader

neilly1987 and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  2. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Where does the Clyde 1 phone in get these chancers calling from? Jeez.

3. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It's draining the life out of me joe, reading absolute hate towards our manager. * me off that people can't say their piece then retreat before it makes everything ten times worse. Self righteous * man.

4. Keano88

They haven’t.

We’ve kept all our best player and spent £35m yet have still regressed as a side.

They’ve spent £20m and improved as a side.

5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Seriously, who the * cares about two seasons ago?
    Who cares about 8 seasons ago?
    Who cares about 26 seasons ago?

It has absolutely * all baring on this season, the here and now.

9 in a row, 2 seasons ago being one point worse off than now means * all when we are getting our * handed to us by the huns on a regular basis and currently sit 11 points behind them with a run of form that seriously suggests it is only going to get bigger.

Folk are quick (Lennon as well) to jump on the "these young fans are spoilt" bandwagon and call it entitled. But you know what, banging on about two years ago and having some deluded blind faith that Lennon is just going to magic this better is more entitled and spoilt than any fan demanding better for our club.

Where do folk get off on the blind assumption this is about to work out? How the * is blindly assuming we will win this league NOT an entitled and spoilt outlook, specially when compared to the opposite outlook which is accepting we are * * awful right now and as it stands we are winning * all this season.
    It is not entitled to want better, it is entitled to assume that no matter what happens now, you just expect us to win.

Big els likes this.
  6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It is totally the boards fault for putting Lennon in charge, I do not blame him for taking the job, temp or permanent.
    I thank him for that and I am * * proud that Neil Francis Lennon was the man to start and complete a second 9 in a row.
    But that is where this now ends, now this is on Lennon.
    Lennon has been here long enough this stint to understand his squad and to get the best out of them, he is not doing this for whatever reason we want to speculate on.
    He is also unable to see this, unable to fix it and unable to admit to any of this.

This is on Lennon now. The board initially, but Lennon needs to wake up himself here.

7. Keano88

So you think the solution is to blindly back the management team until we * up again then? And if we don’t then it’s our fault the manager will lose the league?

We haven’t seen any improvement since we got * out of the CL by a half fit Ferencvaros at Celtic Park.

Zero shots on target at home to the Huns whilst our manager who you want us to back sits there arms folded and changes fuckall to affect the game.

The most recent embarrassment was the 1-4 from Sparta Prague reserves one of our most embarrassing results in Europe ever.

The reason the bus is hanging over the cliff is because Lennon is asleep at the wheel.

8. James Gold Member Gold Member

The reality is this is the biggest league season for a generation and after almost every game the manager is coming out saying we lack hunger and desire. That in itself should be telling

9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The analogy should be about a race,

Imagine we are all in a bus race, our bus breaks down and combined we could rock back and forward to inch the bus across the finish line, or we could go back and get a new bus and race on ahead full pelt and try to still win the * thing.

10. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Exactly. I may not be as old as others in here but I’m old enough that I lived and watched my team through the late 80s and 90s. But really that is irrelevant beck nothing feels better than winning. Is that not why we compete and go to watch our team?
    So to those who say we’re spoiled: get to * and go support a team of mediocrity. A team that you don’t mind if they get beat by other mediocre teams.
    I, like others, want far better than the mediocrity and * we have seen since August. How is that so bad? And if it is for you, as I said, * off and support some other team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Okay regarding Samaras, but Lennon fancied him, and Lawwell shouldn't have gone against a successful manager.

I'm sure it was claimed on this board Ledley wanted to stay?

Bitton looked like a player similar to Ki. Not Wanyama. I could tell that back then.

12. Maestro 08

Why are people losing their * about Sutton defending Lennon...they are big pals. What else was he ever gonna do especially when he gets paid to have an opinion on it. The comparison to his treatment of Deila is blatant which has made him look daft but he'll be thinking to himself 'aye but this is different, I know Lenny and his character and he can turn it around'. It shouldn't be a shock to anyone.

13. DonnyCelt

Ledley said he wanted to stay. Remember the video of him running out onto the training pitch only to stop, look round and run back. This was because he was called into the office where he was told Lawwell has accepted a bid from Crystal Palace for him and it was upto him but they think its a good offer.

He said he only left because he felt he wasn't wanted by the club even though he was about to sign a new deal. Gutted when he left.

14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Sutton is what he is these days, a * stirrer for the pundit shows.
    Fair play he makes a pay out of it and on the whole he is pro Celtic in most things. But the contrast with how he treats Lennon to Deila is massive and unjust. Add in his rant about Griffiths the other week and his snyde comments on Ely with the phone.
    Sure if I bothered I could find many more examples where he has been very selective in his accusations to try and deflect from Lennon failures.
    Like I say, he is what he is these days and no harm to him, but he's confirmed what I feared about him years ago with his recent antics and now I wont take anything he says or writes serious.

Old pals act.

Not gonna lose my * over him though.

I''ll lose it/am annoyed at Lennon and the ongoing fiasco at the club with him, * all cares or reading goes in to Sutton now.

Lewis Kerr and trackebhoy like this.
  15. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

16. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Just watching the Champions League Goals show and practically every manager/coach is up on their feet encouraging their teams from the side lines and not sitting on their arses with arms folded looking disinterested as *. Don't know how much it actually helps their teams but it's the sort of thing I'd like to see our manager do.

DonnyCelt likes this.
  17. DonnyCelt

Sutton sticking up for his pal and nor the best interests of the club. * of a guy.

18. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Some of the comments from people here are pretty bad. i want a change, its pretty obvious to see how this is going but keep it civil, the mans a legend. Fair enough during or just after a game were all pretty harsh but the insults are a bit much.

I dont get how any genuine celtic fan can accept this seasons performances. Celtic is, or rather should be a champions league team. If beating sevco is the height of your ambition for our club, i pity you. We should never allow any manager to fail at getting to the groups. The opposition we generally face is weak and easily won. we have made Europe alot harder than it is. Losing to these weaker teams should be a rarity, not fukin annually.If you fail 2 seasons on the trot you should be out before our next league game. Any * manager. If celtic had focused on europe properly we would be lightyears ahead. We certainly wouldnt be gettin rattled by a steven gerrard sevco team ffs. I was all for lenny as i loved his 1st stint and love the man in general. No celtic fan should accept these performances and results though. We are the best in scotland because we set high standards as a support. We get behind the club WHEN they are representing the true celtic that we all know and love. At the start of the season i was blaming players for their mistakes, after weeks of this i blamed the manager instead for not dropping players and not playing others. After numerous weeks of this i now blame the board. As i said earlier 2 strikes n yer out. Lennon should never of been allowed near the squad after that ferencvaros disaster. I Never expected him to walk. No manager walks out on a club unless they are changing clubs. Ronny never fukin walked either, he got pumped aff a 1st division sevco and got telt hes walkin. But again we knew he had to go after another embarrassing qualification campaign. If we focus on europe we dominate Scottish football as a by product.

Peej likes this.
  19. freitassen

People say we should separate the "legend" Lennon for the incompetent coach he is at the moment but I really have a hard time to respect someone doing what he is doing at the moment. Clinging at a job he is not qualified for just for the sake of money and sinking the club he claims to love with. Deila at least seemed to be sorry and sad for what is going on. Lennon is arrogant, treat players unfairly and blames everyone elses for his mistakes. This is not the attitude of a man.

Peej likes this.
  20. Bonobhoy

Would be really interesting to see the stick Henrik would get if he next came out and defended him.

Ripping into the Seville team now.

So thats O'Neill,Sutton and Lennon on the "get to * list"

Pogues, DonnyCelt and Mince.Charming like this.