1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

If we hadn't conceded 4 we'd have beaten the Prague reserves.

It truly is a game of inches.

FrankMcCallum and neilly1987 like this.
  2. Mr. Slippyfist

Mate, he was the same in his first spell too in terms of talking pure and utter * at times.

I know it might not be to everyone’s agreement but what always sticks out for me how quick he was to turn on the fans (GB included) over singing of Rebs at CP - the same fans who had his back at any given point where then classed as “not real Celtic supporters” for singing Rebs. Tells you everything you need to know about the guy...

There’s 3 scenarios here in regards his current opinions. He is either:

a) ridiculously deluded
    b) completely arrogant
    Or C) just lashing out to disguise his own misgivings

I know which ones I think, and that’s * ALL of them...

3. Dubliner1

What he has done as a player, manager, etc he deserves better. We all know things are poor currently but there is NO need for the personal abuse the manager is getting. The GB Banner does not sit well with me. A legend to the club now been treated like this. There is ways of doings things but this whole episode doesn't look good when fans go on like this. Going to end up like Arsene Wenger situation.

4. Mr. Slippyfist

mate that’s a great point, wonder what white he’d come out with to try and counter that...

neilly1987 likes this.
  5. Pinstripe

Its sad its come to this, I like many others was happy when Lenny took over from Rodgers but its turning ugly now and a man you was once loved by our support, due to his commitment as a player and the * he had to endure as a manager, could end up being hated due to his stubbornness to refuse to face the facts that it just isnt working anymore.
    We've not being playing well Neil, we've had a couple of 45 minutes where we've played well, this rest has been utter *.
    For * sake man, dont drag this out any longer, do the right thing, before its to late.

6. Maestro 08

The most surprising thing here is that people are surprised that Neil Lennon is combative, argumentative, borderline arrogant and not shy in fighting his corner. The guy has had these traits all throughout his playing and managerial career.

The venom should be directed at the board not Lennon.

7. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Come on, a disgrace of a man? That’s harsh, aye he should be gone but he has more balls than 99 percent of us on this forum put together.

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The decision should be taken out of Lenny hands, this is now the failure of the Board.

9. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Ive said it before Marty , I was a guest in one of the box's in his playing days then a lounge after . Cant remember if he was injured then or suspended but he was there after the game kinda meet and greet , it could'nt be any more obvious he could'nt be bothered being there . Eventually Big Billy took him to the side and had words with him , changed his attitude for a wee while before he left .

Watched that interview there , good greif !! that was hellish watching , got the feeling thats why it was so quiet last 2 days
    looked utterly coached in every reply .

10. Mr. Slippyfist

He must have balls the size of * Tic Tacs then because not ONCE has he come out and took any share of the blame. Instead he has slaughtered his players and blamed the support.

neilly1987 likes this.
  11. Mr. Slippyfist

It’s more than evident (even though it hasn’t been said exactly) that the board are well on his side.

read a snippet of his pish on the sky sports news app said him and lawwell are basically close as *, speak every day and board are very supportive of him.

that says it all really

12. Maestro 08

Nah, if you are turning on Lennon you are missing the main issue. I certainly won't be hating him. The guy has always been a fighter, I'm surprised that people think he's just gonna walk away. It should be the board that are getting all the flak and hate here. They are the ones in control of this and they are ones letting it rumble on.

NakamuraTastic, wanmadtim and cat123 like this.
  13. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

If yer aunty had baws, she would be yer uncle!!

Anyone that doesn't like the banner is a celtic Da! :fear:

neilly1987, Doogs. and Moore like this.
  14. JamesM09

Nah. You don’t disrespect the supporters like that. It’s disgraceful.

Some people are rattling in money for 3 books to watch home games on TV and he’s making comments that some of the support just don’t understand a title race.

Balls nothing. We’ve made him a millionaire. He can * off.

15. Mr. Slippyfist

There’s fighting your corner, and then there’s just being a cheeky arrogant bawbag.

He was an iconic player for us and has won us silverware as a manager does not mean to say he can’t be a *.

Even Stein was a * at times, btw...

16. Pogues

Spot on mate. The abuse is not needed. We can all have our opinions on him as manager but he deserves better than he's getting. Some folk need to get a grip.

NakamuraTastic, cat123 and Maestro 08 like this.
  17. Maestro 08

Lennon has always been that way inclined. When the times were good, in his playing days etc we lapped it up. The board are the ones at fault here.

NakamuraTastic and cat123 like this.
  18. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The same Lawwell that:
    - sold Samaras over Lennon's objections
    - blocked a contract renewal for Ledley
    - denied proper funding to replace Wanyama and Hooper
    - wanted to install Deila as Lennon's number 2

Lennon has no true pride.:38:

neilly1987 and Mr. Slippyfist like this.
  19. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Absolute arrogant * man. The way he treats the lifeblood of the club is out of order.

Shocking it’s come to this but just get to * out of the club Lenny. Please.

20. stew37

Treated like what? He's in the public eye, there's always going to be people name calling when the * hits the fan I'm afraid, that's human nature. I personally won't be doing that but not everyone's the same. He should have been gone ages ago so people are obviously getting * off. The banner wasn't offensive, it was as tame as it gets in these situations.

What is the way of doing things when people can see he's very obviously taken us as far as he can, and he's giving stupid interviews saying if our draws had been wins we'd be fine? That's absolutely brutal chat.

It's getting far more ugly than it should have, and it's not the fans fault.

neilly1987 and oh bhoy like this.